St Mirren Signing Tactic

Didn't take long for your famed positive outlook to start looking gloomy.

Has he signed players you'd have wanted us to sign?

I'm not gloomy at all , in fact my reply was more to indicate that we are on the verge of our first few new signings even although the new boss is just in the door just like Stevie Aitken. Assistant also already in place and ready to be unveiled on IMs return !

I'm not gloomy at all , in fact my reply was more to indicate that we are on the verge of our first few new signings even although the new boss is just in the door just like Stevie Aitken. Assistant also already in place and ready to be unveiled on IMs return !

Have I missed something.

Does anyone else think we're not signing anyone just now purely to save money

Let's say we leave ours gongs till last week on June beg July. We save paying players wages for 4/5 weeks. But could backfire with likes of dundee and hibs signing the best players in championship

Hate to break this to you, but we're not in the same financial bracket as hibs and Dundee. Our signings will be all lower division, some will be hit and some will be miss.

Edited by barney

Let's say we leave ours gongs till last week on June beg July. We save paying players wages for 4/5 weeks. But could backfire with likes of dundee and hibs signing the best players in championship

Contracts don't end on the last day of the season. Contracts are for a fixed period, like july to july etc.

Almost every footballer takes this time off to go on holiday, no team will really be signing players, only releasing players. Then there's a period of time for players and clubs to weigh up their options. Then and only then, will players start signing. Unfortunately we aren't a big enough club for us to be an automatic option, we can't throw money at players or clubs to get the best in.

Finding the right player under the right circumstances to join us is going to take time. I appreciate everyone wants to get in to next season as soon as possible and forget about last season, but ring out the knickers and have some patience.

Edited by LoveStreetLover

Contracts don't end on the last day of the season. Contracts are for a fixed period, like july to july or etc.

Almost every footballer takes this time off to go on holiday, no team will really be signing players, only releasing players. Then there's a period of time for players and clubs to weigh up their options. Then and only then, will players start signing. Unfortunately we aren't a big enough club for us to be an automatic option, we can't throw money at players or clubs to get the best in.

Finding the right player under the right circumstances to join us is going to take time. I appreciate everyone wants to get in to next season as soon as possible and forget about last season, but ring out the knickers and have some patience.

Some clubs don't pay players in the close season so we could make signings and not pay them in the summer, if the player agreed.

Unfortunately, the type of players we're after will have other clubs sniffing around them so the likelihood of this is slim.

Not overly concerned about nothing being announced as yet but here are my three tips to Ian Murray.

1. Fill key position before the season starts.

2. Don't gamble on unfit players.

3. Hold a bit back till you see who becomes available in August as the deadline approaches.

Oh and I'll throw in a fourth - don't waste your time on players who are unsigned after the deadline, they almost never work out!

Two more signed by Dumbarton, and their manager is on holiday too. Obviously Aitken didn't have all the work and time drain of sorting out his club car.

His club car is a travelpass on the Argyle Street - Dumbarton low level line.

Two more signed by Dumbarton, and their manager is on holiday too. Obviously Aitken didn't have all the work and time drain of sorting out his club car.

Matters not what Aitken does re Dumbarton other than feed your fascination of all things Dumbarton. Just how good these players are is another thing. I am more interested in what our own manager does and quality of new players coming in.

Murray supposedly to have quoted that he wouldn't be raiding Dumbarton because "There part-time players couldn't afford a drop in wages".

Understandable. Guys who hold well paid full-time jobs combined with part-time football ought to be earning more than they would with us full-time.

Murray supposedly to have quoted that he wouldn't be raiding Dumbarton because "There part-time players couldn't afford a drop in wages".

To be a bit clearer, and with no agenda, I think the story is more that he said the Dumbarton players get paid well for part time football, add that to their decent full time job salaries they wouldn't give that all up for a risk of a 1 or 2 year full time football contract

Is it Eddie Malone my good friend?????