Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

BLF

Where is best place to keep up with matters on this issue?

Smisa website?

Yes SMiSA website will have news when there is some to tell, the plan is being formed after we had excellent results from our survey. It is a long process and when we have something solid we will announce it.

Seriously people that call them self saints fans need to take a good look at themselves if all they can contribute to the most important debate involving our club is to abuse other fans and get other non thinkers to join in. Its the playground bully mentality of abuse, name calling, getting others to join in... For what..?

Does it make you look good? Do you feel like a right hard keyboard warrior? Do you think perhaps it makes you look a bit of a fool? We can always discuss it face to face..! Now theres a plan.

Why I would agree with you, agree with you I would indeed.

If it were not for the fact that you clearly hate decent supporters of the Saint Mirren football club pte ltd co and you use this internet forum to habitually attack the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co and those who follow said Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

If it were not for the fact that you clearly hate decent supporters of the Saint Mirren football club pte ltd co and you use this internet forum to habitually attack the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co and those who follow said Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

You have come on this thread to spread that hate??? Take a good look at yourself man and pull yourself together ffs.

Your stylised approach seems to amuse a few on this forum,most notably yourself.

What your musings and stylings fail to cover up is the fact that you know sod all about the poster in question, his regard for the club and long-standing association and support for the team, so in case you didn't notice whilst constructing your latest rambling, you've just derided and attacked a long-standing supporter of the club-well done (pot, kettle, etc)

But as long as you are amused

Can we not have a 5 minute delay in posts being put online so they can be properly moderated to stop the complete and utter drivel being posted and the playground my todgers bigger than your todger crap. Either that or create a rant forum. There.

Edited by melmac

Can we not have a 5 minute delay in posts being put online so they can be properly moderated to stop the complete and utter drivel being posted and the playground my todgers bigger than your todger crap. Either that or create a rant forum. There.

Yeh, like we've got time to moderate every post......

Your stylised approach seems to amuse a few on this forum,most notably yourself.

What your musings and stylings fail to cover up is the fact that you know sod all about the poster in question, his regard for the club and long-standing association and support for the team, so in case you didn't notice whilst constructing your latest rambling, you've just derided and attacked a long-standing supporter of the club-well done (pot, kettle, etc)

But as long as you are amused

While I appreciate your "loyalty" you seem to be in the minority, as this particular individual doesn't need much help in being "derided" as he does a great job with every post.

As long as you're happy ignoring the consistent agenda against the board and manager then I'm happy.

You couldnae make it up. bye1.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for being naïve in this matter however reading it as a novice, I can only see that this would leave us with 2 members on the BOD, (Gordon Scott ) and an elected member from SMiSA, so my question is surely their would be more members of the BOD,s and who would have control over the day to day running of the club.

Who in SMISA has relevant experience to sit on the BoD?

No offence but if nobody id rather just leave the business side of things to businessmen.

No offence but if nobody id rather just leave the business side of things to businessmen.

There's about 200 members of SMiSA at the moment, I'm guessing a few will have some business experience.

Also, take a look at how big an arse some successful businessmen have made of running clubs in England and Scotland over the past 15 years.

Edited by Stu

Nobody in SMiSA has experience of running a football club, Gordon Scott does though.

What experience did any of the current board have of running a football club before they sat on our board for the first time ?

Quite a few businessmen/women are members of SMiSA, there are 200 members and on the 11 man committee there are 9 whom i know have worked or are currently working at management level in their chosen jobs, the person or persons who put themselves forward for our place or places on the board and then receive the majority vote from all our members will be able to gain years of experience by watching and learning from other board members - who may also still be on the board if and when the fans have gained the majority share.

I, like every other member of SMiSA will be able to vote on who sits on the board on behalf of SMiSA and personally i will be looking for experienced businessmen/women to vote for, i will ask for their credentials and ideas and make the best choices i can. SMiSA members will vote on issues concerning our club, and our representatives on the board will vote accordingly at club board meetings.

Nobody in SMiSA has experience of running a football club, Gordon Scott does though.

What experience did any of the current board have of running a football club before they sat on our board for the first time ?

Quite a few businessmen/women are members of SMiSA, there are 200 members and on the 11 man committee there are 9 whom i know have worked or are currently working at management level in their chosen jobs, the person or persons who put themselves forward for our place or places on the board and then receive the majority vote from all our members will be able to gain years of experience by watching and learning from other board members - who may also still be on the board if and when the fans have gained the majority share.

I, like every other member of SMiSA will be able to vote on who sits on the board on behalf of SMiSA and personally i will be looking for experienced businessmen/women to vote for, i will ask for their credentials and ideas and make the best choices i can. SMiSA members will vote on issues concerning our club, and our representatives on the board will vote accordingly at club board meetings.

Gordon Scott will recoup the money he invested through the proposed bid for the club.This is the same vehicle which would have been used under 10,000 hours to get his money back after the gang on five basically rendered his shares worthless by their consortium.He is a businessman first and foremost and is trying by whatever means to recoup his cash and anyone who sees this any other way is blinkered.Gordon is not the knight in shining armour i,m afraid.but over the next 5-6 years will get a 100% return on his money.He will also sit at the top table as our chairman and walk away with his cash and have a seat in the directors box forever more.

I know and get on very well with Gordon and this is not an attack on him personally as if i was in his shoes i would do exactly the same thing.In fact the real villains in this are perhaps the consortium who did not offer him a slice of the cake.I just hope for the sake of the club we elect dedicated businessmen who can give up the time our present board have to return us to the glory days that we deserve.

Gordon Scott will recoup the money he invested through the proposed bid for the club.This is the same vehicle which would have been used under 10,000 hours to get his money back after the gang on five basically rendered his shares worthless by their consortium.He is a businessman first and foremost and is trying by whatever means to recoup his cash and anyone who sees this any other way is blinkered.Gordon is not the knight in shining armour i,m afraid.but over the next 5-6 years will get a 100% return on his money.He will also sit at the top table as our chairman and walk away with his cash and have a seat in the directors box forever more.

I know and get on very well with Gordon and this is not an attack on him personally as if i was in his shoes i would do exactly the same thing.In fact the real villains in this are perhaps the consortium who did not offer him a slice of the cake.I just hope for the sake of the club we elect dedicated businessmen who can give up the time our present board have to return us to the glory days that we deserve.

Gordon Scott may well be looking for many things - top dog in the boardroom, club tie, sausage rolls, car parking space for his Aston (or Fiat 500 if the Vegas property market isnae' going well).... and who knows what else besides. If he fronts up, ponys up, and cosies up with genuine fan ownership with a SMiSA partnership, then he can have as many sausage rolls as he likes as far as I'm concerned. Said it before, but Fergus the Bunnet rolled into Celtic and rolled back out a happy wee chappie. Hearts had Ann Budge to turn up and front up, Hibs have plenty big name and filthy rich fans who would no doubt pony up if needed there.

Who do we have? Chico? Bill Leckie? Chris Brookmyre? Div? Dougie Vipond? Fitzy? Kid Jensen? Captain Sensible?....

When REA stuck his napper above the ramparts, it wasn't just shot at, it was blasted from many angles. Rightly or wrongly, but who on this forum would like to be shot at like that? Not me, that's for sure. The possible GLS / SMiSA bid aside, what's on the table? Who is in the wings?.... No-one. If we had an Ann Budge or a Fergus McCann they'd have shown up sometime over the last six years. I was prepared to back the 10000hours bid to the tune of ten quid a month, I'll be happy to back the GLS / SMiSA bid to a similar level. If GLS becomes the new SG so to speak, fair enough. I will not brand him a sausage roll thief or any such thing, and he can meet and greet visiting club chairmen and swan around the boardroom as 'the face of St Mirren' all day long if he wants.....

On the proviso' that any GLS / SMiSA bid delivers meaningful fan involvement, and a new pro-active ownership model that does not see us piss around like a wee corner shop where the attitude is 'we're lucky to even be in the top flight / Championship / delete as appropriate'. It needs to bring a more professional approach, a go-ahead vibe, a freshness and displays a desire to push good ideas forward in all areas. Kicking JD to fcuk would be nice too. Just a wee personal request slipped in there. Sorry.

If GLS / SMiSA deliver that, then the long SG & Co era ends and hopefully a new fruitful and stable era begins...

Season tickets WILL be valid.

Edited by pozbaird

But can he do any better.

Better than whom?

If you are referring to the current BoD, then the comparison is pointless, as they're for the off. A more relevant comparison would be with all the other parties lining up to take the the reins. Oh wait....