Gilmour Rants At Players Condition

He says they are not fit, according to some Red Top rag or other.

Seemingly , some passion expressed from the Chair , at last.

Genuinely, the guy must be torn to bits about the state of the club

Pressure eh ?

The players are a disgrace as well, it's a pity they couldn't of all left with Murray, they are a complete embarrassment to the club.

I don't believe that we have a decent squad either, the bottom line is the players just aren't very good.

If it's true, has he only noticed since last weekend? Has he been watching for the last six months? There;s been a suspicion that some of our mainly senior players downed tools the minute Murray was appointed which might have had something to do with his crass comments to the press about getting the players in on Sundays before he had told the players. If there's any truth in it, and maybe it's a big if, it's not hard to believe that possibly some didn't work too hard at training either. There seems to have been a general malaise about the club dating back to the first game of the season. I genuinely believe that we need a couple of new players but we have the nucleus of a team there and we should be close to a top four spot even now.

If it's true, has he only noticed since last weekend? Has he been watching for the last six months? There;s been a suspicion that some of our mainly senior players downed tools the minute Murray was appointed which might have had something to do with his crass comments to the press about getting the players in on Sundays before he had told the players. If there's any truth in it, and maybe it's a big if, it's not hard to believe that possibly some didn't work too hard at training either. There seems to have been a general malaise about the club dating back to the first game of the season. I genuinely believe that we need a couple of new players but we have the nucleus of a team there and we should be close to a top four spot even now.

General malaise dating back to the first game of the season? In my book the malaise can be traced back to a precise moment in time. The time when a week's post-League Cup winning boozing seemed to have been sanctioned from the management, and the whole fcuking lot of them appeared to have sat back and said 'we're cup winners now' and downed tools. Following this, the whole clearly unravelling situation was compounded by a series of poor managerial appontments, poor transfer windows, genuine talent leaving and being replaced with shite, all overseen by a want-away board who still haven't had any noticeable voices of dissention raised in their direction, because their teflon-coated status is not, cannot, and will not be questioned.

Want to know when St Mirren started down the road of fcuking themselves up from within? Simply picture the Bull Inn and a pint tumbler in your head.

Agree.

The players need some pride and professionalism , injected , booted , wrapped up in crimbo pressie paper, whatever way its delivered , but accept it and embrace it.

Apathy is rife, some perspective and ambition has to be redefined.

In a slight tangent to topic, but I was amazed at Goodwin's comments about us during the Cup semi at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago. It was full on containing, negativity and stifled of any kind of ambition to look to win a game. Stand back and admire them men.............it was as if the plan was to sit in the trenches, absorb the impressive shelling from the Blue hordes then sneak out at night and pinch a goal. But we found that too tiring and we were not clinical enough, eventually we were to be glad of the shelter of half time and be pleased we were only one down, that would make us happy and give us a platform ?????

Ahhh, well shine a light, I'm angry just typing that again.

Suppose this is all just another reflection of where we are , ffs !!!! dry.png

It's way beyond this now. The players don't appear to give a flying fcuk. For whatever reason they have downed tools and behaving like Chelsea.

I think that we need a change of ownership not manager as I believe that the bad feeling goes to the way the whole club is being run.

Yes I know that they have been trying to sell for years. However they in my opinion have caused the deep routed unrest and this cannot be resolved anytime soon.The thing is I fear replacing the manager doesn't replace the problem.

Ranting at the players sounds like desperate measures from a desperate person. God help us all this will only make matters worse.

Reported on BBC website about Gilmour ranting to fans about players condition................linkee no workee for me at present

The are quoting The Sun. If this is in relation to things said at the AGM then it certainly wasn't a rant. Someone asked about fitness and he expressed a personal opinion that players didn't seem fit but if I remember correctly, he also said low confidence was a big factor towards the end of games. Couldn't understand any fitness problems as Murray has more training sessions than any other manager.

It was also said that the players fully supported the Sunday session.

It's way beyond this now. The players don't appear to give a flying fcuk. For whatever reason they have downed tools and behaving like Chelsea.

I think that we need a change of ownership not manager as I believe that the bad feeling goes to the way the whole club is being run.

Yes I know that they have been trying to sell for years. However they in my opinion have caused the deep routed unrest and this cannot be resolved anytime soon.The thing is I fear replacing the manager doesn't replace the problem.

Ranting at the players sounds like desperate measures from a desperate person. God help us all this will only make matters worse.

^^^^that's it^^^^^ until sold its going to be very seriously more and more of the same old same old.

Only hope is that under the current 'for sale period', the BoD get someone in who can MANAGE TO deliver a robust enough football team that can win games more so than we are managing at present. Back to Sunday league grunt n punt if necessary, but we need to harden up and play to and hold a shape.

I'll take any manager that can deliver success this season , that being to move us up the league, make us solid and competitive. I'm really not fussed at all on choice, personality or back history, just a professional who can deliver some improvement throughout the feckin establishment.

Shockeroonie !! Haud the press ! We have been saying this for the last two seasons on here , but what do we know ? We are only knickerwetters & keyboard warriors and obviously we could never know better than management . Failings from top to bottom , players for lack of dedication & personal pride , management team (s) for letting it happen & BOD for allowing it to continue for so long.

The are quoting The Sun. If this is in relation to things said at the AGM then it certainly wasn't a rant. Someone asked about fitness and he expressed a personal opinion that players didn't seem fit but if I remember correctly, he also said low confidence was a big factor towards the end of games. Couldn't understand any fitness problems as Murray has more training sessions than any other manager.

It's in the Record as well and it's just quoting stuff at the AGM. Doesn't think the players are fit enough, also a mental tiredness and after Saturday's goal they looked like a "bag of jaggies".

General malaise dating back to the first game of the season? In my book the malaise can be traced back to a precise moment in time. The time when a week's post-League Cup winning boozing seemed to have been sanctioned from the management, and the whole fcuking lot of them appeared to have sat back and said 'we're cup winners now' and downed tools. Following this, the whole clearly unravelling situation was compounded by a series of poor managerial appontments, poor transfer windows, genuine talent leaving and being replaced with shite, all overseen by a want-away board who still haven't had any noticeable voices of dissention raised in their direction, because their teflon-coated status is not, cannot, and will not be questioned.

Want to know when St Mirren started down the road of fcuking themselves up from within? Simply picture the Bull Inn and a pint tumbler in your head.

Not celebrating a cup win? Nice concept

Get over yourself.

General malaise dating back to the first game of the season? In my book the malaise can be traced back to a precise moment in time. The time when a week's post-League Cup winning boozing seemed to have been sanctioned from the management, and the whole fcuking lot of them appeared to have sat back and said 'we're cup winners now' and downed tools.

I absolutely agree with that. Looking back it was ridiculous. The international break gave some leeway for slightly extended celebrations but they took it way too far,

And, for by, I always thought the crazy celebrations following the Raith Rovers promotion winning game in 99/2000 caused the 5-0 thumping in Inverness the following week and although that didn't matter in itself the feel good seemed to be gone and poor form extended in to the following season...first game a narrow defeat to Kilmarnock I think, and that early season poor form cost us relegation in the end.

Not that I am any clean living T Total sober suits,not by any means!

Couldn't understand any fitness problems as Murray has more training sessions than any other manager.

I think anyone who understands the complex issues around fitness, especially at professional level, knows that quantity and quality are rarely the same thing. (For clarity, I do understand that you're not saying this, and are just passing on what Gilmour is saying here).

I know they've said the Sunday sessions are based on science and the art of proper recovery, but it doesn't appear to be working.

It's interesting to hear that fitness could be at the heart of the problems. If you're taking to the pitch and don't feel ready, or if you know your legs will be gone after 60 minutes, then your head will be gone from the very first whistle. Imagine multiplying this across the entire squad. You know that not only have your legs gone, but your team-mates' legs have gone, too. No wonder the heads drop when the goals go in.

If you think it right through, is there any chance this could be a huge exposure of Murray's misunderstanding of the difference between the professional game and the part-time game? There can't be any other reason for being outfought and outplayed by part time sides, other than the fact that our players' fitness has been hugely mis-managed.

Throw in the bizarre team selections and you've got yourself a perfect storm of utter shite.

I think its safe to say that given the fact Gilmour appointed all the useless managers in recent times, his knowledge of football matters is miniscule and can therefore be totally disregarded.

From the minute in pre season that I witnessed a half-fit, half-paced, half-hearted team surrender meekly to Sheffield by 5 goals, I knew then we were in big trouble. Despite Ian Murrays recent opinion that he knows more about football than the ordinary fan (thats a laugh anyway), he and recent managers may well have been far better players than us, but they dont know more about football than guys who have been watching and playing it for decades.Thats a complete myth and people like Murray, Lennon and Craig are going to have to learn this the hard way....by trying to find employment in the real world. Good luck to them in this.

Despite Ian Murrays recent opinion that he knows more about football than the ordinary fan (thats a laugh anyway), he and recent managers may well have been far better players than us, but they dont know more about football than guys who have been watching and playing it for decades.Thats a complete myth and people like Murray, Lennon and Craig are going to have to learn this the hard way....by trying to find employment in the real world. Good luck to them in this.

Gary McAllister used to give it the big 'I've played at the highest level, you journalists know nothing' when he was manager at Coventry, and when he was challenged on anything at all. It used to rankle with everyone in the press room.

His managerial career has hardly flourished, either.

I think its safe to say that given the fact Gilmour appointed all the useless managers in recent times, his knowledge of football matters is miniscule and can therefore be totally disregarded.

From the minute in pre season that I witnessed a half-fit, half-paced, half-hearted team surrender meekly to Sheffield by 5 goals, I knew then we were in big trouble. Despite Ian Murrays recent opinion that he knows more about football than the ordinary fan (thats a laugh anyway), he and recent managers may well have been far better players than us, but they dont know more about football than guys who have been watching and playing it for decades.Thats a complete myth and people like Murray, Lennon and Craig are going to have to learn this the hard way....by trying to find employment in the real world. Good luck to them in this.

There is merit in questioning what qualifies a BoD to select a coach / manager of a professional football team when none of them have a background in that profession. Difficult to know what to look for in an individual when you know hee haw about it yourself, Basically SG & Co are no more qualified to select a manager that we are. It's basically their money so it's their choice however it seems to work the same way at every Scottish club.