Brian Caldwell Quits. New Ceo Required

No idea what his job entailed so am not able to criticise him or thank him.

However...

My main memory is that, at the start of last season, he complained that Saints fans were being negative after the appointment of Tommy Craig...

To first of all complain in public about the folk paying your wages is bad enough... But to get it so badly wrong is another!

There were rumblings on twitter last week from Partick Thistle fans who seemed to think Ian Maxwell might be coming to St.Mirren.

That kind of makes sense but not sure why he'd leave a Premiership club to come to us.

Don't think league status is an issue for this kind of job. Our CE job may well be better paid and have more responsibility than his current job at Thistle?

Amazing how he seems to have got off scot free during all this while everyone else from the BOD to the assistant manager to the players get peters.

For me he's as culpable as all of them for the performance this season and I'm glad he's going.

New GM and new manager, fresh ideas all round.

Could argue he's overseen the departure of 4 managers in the past 18 months or so, and our downward spiral towards League 1...

All the best wherever it is he's going. Worked very, very hard by all accounts but despite his efforts we're already sinking like a stone.

Don't think league status is an issue for this kind of job. Our CE job may well be better paid and have more responsibility than his current job at Thistle?

I think he is actually being asked to bring his boots to join Mehmet and Sutton.

Its like rats leaving the sinking ship. Brian Caldwell was instrumental in sounding out new players who may come to the club. Thommo and Gary Teale to name just two. The relationship with SMDSA and himself was crucial and with this announcement I only can only hope that the removal of press seats and the building of a platform for the disabled in the main stand is not put on hold.

St Mirren FC require.... first team manager, first team assistant, chief executive officer, and some cnut to buy the club. Ability to play centre forward desireable but not essential, as training (up to 80 minutes) will be provided.

Please send your CV in the first instance to....

Any more and the players would be knackered.

Its like rats leaving the sinking ship. Brian Caldwell was instrumental in sounding out new players who may come to the club. Thommo and Gary Teale to name just two. The relationship with SMDSA and himself was crucial and with this announcement I only can only hope that the removal of press seats and the building of a platform for the disabled in the main stand is not put on hold.

i think it would be fair to say neither would have signed when they did if it was not for Brian, Teale in particular.

A loss to the club without a doubt. How people can think that a man leaving for a job in the English leagues where the opportunities (and probably the salary) are so much greater than the SPFL is a sign of the demise of the club needs their head examined. I can only wish him well (and if there are any players available Brian please think of us). Thank you for all your efforts, I for one appreciate them.

Having worked in the new stadium when it was just completed, I found Brian to be one of the most helpful and down to earth guys you could hope to meet. He went out of his way to help in any way that he could with work related issues, and he was most helpful when dealing with any supporter based issues.

He's a top man in my opinion and he's going to be missed, his successor will do well to fill the void.

Having worked with Brian on many occasions over the last 5 years or so and with working with the Fans Council I can only express my sincere thanks to Brian. Getting to know Brian over the years was a pleasure and I have always enjoyed doing the odd wee jobs for him from working on bringing the club's shareholders register up to date to looking for players to finding opponents for friendlies, he always has time and even helped me on personal stuff. Whilst working with Brian you get to know how much work he does trying to get a word with him was the hardest job of all but he always got back too you. I will certainly miss him when I go down to the club. And for him, I can only wish him all the best in his new job and I know he will work as hard for them. But I can tell you this former Ayr Utd man has a very large part of St Mirren in his heart. All the best Brian from me and thanks for everything that you have done for SMFC

Will a club struggling at the wrong end of the second tier replace the CEO or will directors / existing staff merely make do thus saving a fairly substantial wage ? Not saying we will or should but in the current financial climate it wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

I think if the board were more hands on then they could share the workload , but was Brian not brought in because the bod aren't around as much anymore

Having worked in the new stadium when it was just completed, I found Brian to be one of the most helpful and down to earth guys you could hope to meet. He went out of his way to help in any way that he could with work related issues, and he was most helpful when dealing with any supporter based issues.

He's a top man in my opinion and he's going to be missed, his successor will do well to fill the void.

At last we'll see the void completed

I had to speak to brian on a few occasions regarding a few issues, and can gladly report everything was dealt with in an exemplary manner,brian will be a massive miss to smfc and I can only thank him for his superb work and effort in the last 8 years ,all the best for the future buddie and maybe 1 day you will come back when you are a wee bit homesick

Well apparently it's up to date, did you get emails for previous AGM nights at the ground, did you buy any shares ? they don't come free with each pie and beans you purchase you know.

Got email last year.

Had shares since late 1970's.

I will swap them for Pie & Beans

I'm not hard to deal with.

I can assure you one thing and that is that the disabled area is top of Brians list of priorities to get done before he goes.This is being processed as we speak and the delay was caused by the quotations not being received by Brian as quickly as he would have liked.Only yesterday when im sure he had more on his mind he was pushing this through so do not despair it will be done.On a personal note i have got to know Brian very well in his time at the club mostly through stadium maintenance and he will be sorely missed.When he wants something done he is like a dog with a bone and we need to get someone in with the same endeavour.Good luck and best wishes to you and wee Noreen Brian.Cant wait to come done and see you.

As I recall Brian used to be "General Manager" and that was then changed to "CEO" while he continued to have the same level of power as a GM.

I think that definition is quite important if you are "judging" his contribution to the club.

He seems to have been a great employee but not a leader. Where is our leader then? Where indeed....

My own opinion is that anyone involved in moving away from Love Street should be hung outside Cosmos chip shop by their testicles, but I accept I am in a minority here.