John McGinn

3 minutes ago, shull said:

There shouldn't be a risk with ring fenced money. 

Ring fenced is the key. 

And that’s seems to be an opinion of some which is absolutely fine.

Just my opinion that the money sitting doing very little, a very well repayment plan and a benefit to our football clubs budget is a risk I’m happy to take. Especially when you look at the monumental fall in memberships that would be required for any risk to materialise. 

I can understand the concerns of others (even though I don’t share them)

I can’t understand the dummy spitting over it though. 

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

1) This guy hahahaha what complete unfounded garbage . 

2)If you were a St Mirren ‘fan’ as you claim, you’d likely see that fans could be interested in paying the equivalent of roughly 40p a day to secure fan ownership for the club within 10 years. And that there might be a wee benefit in doing that. 3)  Maybe have a look at the history of Rangers, Dundee, Livi, Clydebank among many other football clubs then4)  come back to me on how ‘stupid’ fan ownership is.

5)  The rest of your post is even more laughable and ill informed. If you’d done a tiny bit of research you’d see that the money from the ring fence was voted for by paying members and is very well costed back at £0 more expense to members. 

May I address this wonderful piece of written art in segments please

1)  I am glad you like to laugh and express your laugh via the medium of the typed word.  Doesn't read particuarly well but it's good that you are happy

2)  Goodness me it would appear that I am suddenly NOT a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co. Maybe I am wrong but I always believed that the people who buy season tickets etc were classed as "supporters" as such people literally do SUPPORT the club, not just vocally but financially.  Either you know something I do not or you (like many) believe that only Smisa members are real supporters.  Either way I find your position disagreebale at best.

3)  I have absolutely no interest in looking at the clubs you have listed.  As it happens I am already accutely aware of said clubs and I have even visited the grounds where they play.  Believe it or not I even watched the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad perform in those grounds on many occasions over many years.   

4)  I will politely decline your invite to "come back to you".  Two reasons, chiefly I have no desire no further engage withn you and secondly I will have completely forgotten about this wonderful forum exchange and your very existence by Tuesday.  

5)  I find the future of the club I love dearly anything but laughable (maybe that is because I actually am a supporter and your assertion in point 2 is just peurile rubish).  I did state in the post (that you clearly did not read before replying too) that I have read on here that ring fenced money was/could be used for another purpose.  Its quite simple, has ring fenced money been used for another purpose or not?  Smisa are nowhere near taking over the club and yet it would appear that promises are being broken/altered already.  Doesn't sound like a tip top organisation to me.

In addition

It will not interst you to know this but I shall state it anyway.  Fan ownership can and does work extremely well.  Richard Atkinson's CIC appeared to be a great example of how fan ownershiop should be done, the model was excellent.  It is not fan ownership that I distrust it is Smisa that I distrust.  Hope that clears that up for you sonny.  Oh and congratulations on having your name on a wall, my name is on a wall also, I bought a brick (but I am stll not a supporter apparently)

Edited to add:- Just to keep on topic.  John Mcginn, what a player and a cup winning hero.  Heres hoping he moves down south soon and for lots of cash.

Edited by TediousTom

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I have said many times I think a better future for St Mirren at this point is for the club to have GLS as the new SG with SMiSA as a partner, but not running anything, certainly not the whole shooting match. I don’t think he will hand over in ten years. I think he’s already got SMiSA just where he wants them, and as long as he’s overseeing a well-run club, as SG did, fine by me.

I don’t think it’s going to take anywhere near ten years to raise the £600K or so we need to buy Gordon’s majority shareholding.

Not entirely sure what happens when we do reach the funding target.

30 minutes ago, div said:

I don’t think it’s going to take anywhere near ten years to raise the £600K or so we need to buy Gordon’s majority shareholding.

Not entirely sure what happens when we do reach the funding target.

As I said Div, I genuinely wish the scheme the best. I’m boring the tits off myself talking about it, so goodness knows, I must be boring the tits off everyone else, so I’m shutting up about anything to do with it. As I am no longer in the scheme, and have had a fair hearing on here as to why, only right that I shut the F up and get on with trying to get a ticket online for the Sunderland game using my iPad or iMac.

The day I buy a Windows PC will be the day Charlie Miller signs for Smurrrnnn.

36 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

May I address this wonderful piece of written art in segments please

1)  I am glad you like to laugh and express your laugh via the medium of the typed word.  Doesn't read particuarly well but it's good that you are happy

I don’t put a great deal of effort into writing on a fan forum, not sure why anyone would bother. You understood it, that’s plenty  

2)  Goodness me it would appear that I am suddenly NOT a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co. Maybe I am wrong but I always believed that the people who buy season tickets etc were classed as "supporters" as such people literally do SUPPORT the club, not just vocally but financially.  Either you know something I do not or you (like many) believe that only Smisa members are real supporters.  Either way I find your position disagreebale at best.

More your points about having to financially benefit from ‘supporting’ a fan buyout deal or being stupid, your fan ownership point at the bottom seems to contradict your previous post... I certainly don’t support St Mirren for financial game, some seasons I don’t even support them for enjoyment! :D 

36 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

3)  I have absolutely no interest in looking at the clubs you have listed.  As it happens I am already accutely aware of said clubs and I have even visited the grounds where they play.  Believe it or not I even watched the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad perform in those grounds on many occasions over many years.   

You'll be aware of the said clubs financial issues then? If we can tie that back to a group of supporters actively wanting to take steps to prevent such occasions for SMFC, we’d be getting somewhere.  

4)  I will politely decline your invite to "come back to you".  Two reasons, chiefly I have no desire no further engage withn you and secondly I will have completely forgotten about this wonderful forum exchange and your very existence by Tuesday.  

Seems like a paragraph that accurately sums up your approach to investigating the benefits of BTB

5)  I find the future of the club I love dearly anything but laughable (maybe that is because I actually am a supporter and your assertion in point 2 is just peurile rubish).  I did state in the post (that you clearly did not read before replying too) that I have read on here that ring fenced money was/could be used for another purpose.  Its quite simple, has ring fenced money been used for another purpose or not?  Smisa are nowhere near taking over the club and yet it would appear that promises are being broken/altered already.  Doesn't sound like a tip top organisation to me.

A democratic vote was passed to remove the funds from the ringfence and costed to repay over a set period. Not just passed, landslide passed. no promises broken, nothing altered without the will of the members. this again only shows your clear lack of BTB knowledge or a distain for democracy, not sure which one. 

In addition

It will not interst you to know this but I shall state it anyway.  Fan ownership can and does work extremely well.  Richard Atkinson's CIC appeared to be a great example of how fan ownershiop should be done, the model was excellent.  It is not fan ownership that I distrust it is Smisa that I distrust.  Hope that clears that up for you sonny.  Oh and congratulations on having your name on a wall, my name is on a wall also, I bought a brick (but I am stll not a supporter apparently)

Do you dis-trust the current people elected to the SMISA committee right now to an extent you don’t want generations of fan ownership for SMFC to follow? You know this stuff is all contracted right? The money’s paid, we get the club, elections have to be held to elect to board? Strange stance IMO

Edited to add:- Just to keep on topic.  John Mcginn, what a player and a cup winning hero.  Heres hoping he moves down south soon and for lots of cash.

Word 

Comments above, thanks 

The issue i have is not with what Scott & Smisa want, i agree with them completely on that securing the long term future and short to medium term success of the club. Thats why i am in Smisa. The issue is how they are going about it, the undue influence and interference, continually dipping the pot of supporters hard earned cash (reason given... because its just sitting there.... aye but its there for a purpose and it doesnt belong to the Smisa committee or Scott).

the big thing some people overlook is that Scott could not have done this without the support. However the support can do it without any one individual! Some might want to consider that from time to time.

bring on the Killie..!

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The issue i have is not with what Scott & Smisa want, i agree with them completely on that securing the long term future and short to medium term success of the club. Thats why i am in Smisa. The issue is how they are going about it, the undue influence and interference, continually dipping the pot of supporters hard earned cash (reason given... because its just sitting there.... aye but its there for a purpose and it doesnt belong to the Smisa committee or Scott).

the big thing some people overlook is that Scott could not have done this without the support. However the support can do it without any one individual! Some might want to consider that from time to time.

bring on the Killie..!

Could they ?  Why didnt it happen then ? 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And that’s seems to be an opinion of some which is absolutely fine.

Just my opinion that the money sitting doing very little, a very well repayment plan and a benefit to our football clubs budget is a risk I’m happy to take. Especially when you look at the monumental fall in memberships that would be required for any risk to materialise. 

I can understand the concerns of others (even though I don’t share them)

I can’t understand the dummy spitting over it though. 

Another example of SMiSA not being particularly sharp during the takeover process, I dread to think what will happen when the "sausage roll brigade" finally takeover - with a bit of luck I’ll be dead by then!

Edited by Bud the Baker

58 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Could they ?  Why didnt it happen then ? 

You dissin the support noo?

the correct question is "why hasnt it happened yet?" And there is still plenty of time and opportunity. The support have a plan to buy all the majority shareholding of over 80%. Mr Scott has only bought 52% and even that will be sold to the support. 

So you see we are making it happen inspite of negs suggesting otherwise. Tick tock...

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Another example of SMiSA not being particularly sharp during the takeover process, I dread to think what will happen when the "sausage roll brigade" finally takeover - with a bit of luck I’ll be dead by then!

Sausage rolls at the wake..? I think i am going to stipulate everyone at my wake has to have a Vindaloo, then they might very well feel what i felt at the Crem...

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dissin the support noo?

the correct question is "why hasnt it happened yet?" And there is still plenty of time and opportunity. The support have a plan to buy all the majority shareholding of over 80%. Mr Scott has only bought 52% and even that will be sold to the support. 

So you see we are making it happen inspite of negs suggesting otherwise. Tick tock...

You dont half talk some shite

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

On topic, someone on P&B claiming to have heard from a good source (I know....) that Celtic will be putting a bid in for McGinn this week.

Pinch of salt already applied....

I hope its the case. Loads of clubs seem to be hovering without any actually pulling the trigger. 

Best case scenario is that it starts a chain of ever increasing bids.