16 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That's still debatable I'm afraid. 

McGinn holds all the cards here. 

He does. I might well be very wrong but he doesn't strike me as someone who would dig his heels in and force Hibs to lose out on a higher fee.  

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Depends on your perspective.  

At Celtic he can win titles and has a good chance of playing Champions League football.  

He won't have that at Brighton but if he can make a success of it there he would have the chance to get a move to a top team like Andy Robertson has managed. 

I suppose, however are winning titles at Celtic all that amazing? They could put me on the park and the other 10 players would likely take home silverware haha.

CL football as well if they get it, six games likely  as whipping boys or playing later stage CL quality teams like Man U/C, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottneham, Chelsea throughout the season.

No doubt Brighton have better players and the level of the competiton is much higher than the SP. Would be better for his development and the Scottish national team IMO.  

The average Premier league salary is £51k. Celtic’s average salary is £14k. 2 years down south sets John up for life and he is still young enough to comeback to Celtic for a decade. Head South young man.

Polite request: could the gentlemen who are waving their flaccid members in the air and screeching like a couple of gibbons about their in-depth knowledge of obscure legislation, please retire to the Wank Tank to continue this debate?
I understand that premier Cuban cigars and vintage cognac are available on request.
Thank you.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Bournemouth also interested - show us yer money.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And Brighton

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

That's still debatable I'm afraid. 

McGinn holds all the cards here. 

Depends wither he "like to be beside the seaside" or not. 

I'm surprised it's taken this long for some real interest from down south.  Whatever happens now,  at least it looks like we'll get our rewards for all the years he spent with us. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And may even get to enjoy the Brighton social scene !?! B)

What social scene? My daughter has been at University there for a year and never mentioned anything about that :o

What social scene? My daughter has been at University there for a year and never mentioned anything about that 
She'll be too busy studying.

I'm sure Frankie Boyle mentioned in his first book about living in Brighton. Surprised he survived, although I'm sure it nothing to do with the area, more the amount of class A drugs