We Will Finish 9th and Here's How We Do It.

Ronnie

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No need for that Ronnie, just a humble apology will do. :wink:

According to a young person this happened

Ronnie just called you right out and you shat your pants like a big jessie (the calling out was the input of the young person, I added the rest).

Now stop whimpering like a little bitch (young person) and make the bet ya big feartie (again me).  

If you do not meet this bet you will be all fur coat and nae knickers.  

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

These players scored 2 goals took the lead twice against a team that had beat us 4 times in 18 months there's your improvement there.

The way we are going to finish 9th is use the 2 weeks without the stress of league fixtures to get a settled team some new ideas and when we beat Ayr go on a long unbeaten run as Ayr and St Mirren have shown even the best team in this league HIBS are not unbeatable.

The fact these 11 players were willing to come and fight what most say is a lost cause isn't showing blind faith it's the fact they must think they can get out this situation and I do to.

I know you like a bet FARAWAY if we don't finish 9th I will donate £20 to the charity of your choice at end of the season.

COYS.

39 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

According to a young person this happened

Ronnie just called you right out and you shat your pants like a big jessie (the calling out was the input of the young person, I added the rest).

Now stop whimpering like a little bitch (young person) and make the bet ya big feartie (again me).  

If you do not meet this bet you will be all fur coat and nae knickers.  

Oh dear Tom, you have, again, made a right cnut of yourself. :1eye

If you take time to read what Ronnie said he, clearly, doesn't make a bet ,he says he will donate £20, nothing about me betting.

If that, is indeed what he meant, maybe he should have made it clearer.

You are a silly auld, in fact, very auld, cnut.

Now I have a donation to a Mr William Hill to make, feck off and don't annoy me. :byebye

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

We could have went within 4 points behind QOTS had we beat them in Paisley at the start of the year. Instead we got cuffed 3-0, they've taken confidence from that result and they're now 17 points ahead of us with a decent chance of 4th.

We could finish 9th but we probably won't. Ayr show no signs of going on a losing streak. Them being away at runaway leaders Hibs at the weekend while we were at Dumbarton was an ideal opportunity for us to close the gap, and we couldn't.

This team and management we have just doesn't have the bottle to win the big games. Even if we did somehow get to 9th you couldn't possibly back us to negotiate the four tough playoff games.

The reality of our situation is we now need to be planning for League 1.

You give case in point of what a difference a few new signings and a win can do for a team.

Then tell us we've got absolutely no chance.

Oh well. May as well chuck it then.

Firstly. I don't think we will escape the drop but, who knows?

Faraway's point about past results is, quite frankly, pointless. (Nothing unusual there though). He is entitled to his say without undue ridicule. We have a brand new team. God only knows, if even he does, how that will pan out. Christ! For all I know we could go on a ten game winning streak. The opposition don't have a clue about our players. We don't have a clue either. I suppose we will need to pray to whatever deity/deities, (for those who believe in a polytheistic religion), or hope for luck for those atheist among us. While the past performances certainly aren't a guide to the future we certainly need to hope that the tactics employed vary due to the change in personnel.

Edited by stlucifer

You give case in point of what a difference a few new signings and a win can do for a team.
Then tell us we've got absolutely no chance.
Oh well. May as well chuck it then.

We had our few new signings and our win though, at Dundee. That was meant to catapult us into the next league games full of confidence and kick start our season. Falkirk at home and Dumbarton away, two very winnable matches. Had we got 4 or 6 points from these games we would be very much in the hunt just now..

We didn't though, we couldn't even get 2 or 3 points. The reality is we are in a worse position now than we were before the Dundee game, and that's after all the new signings have came in and they've all played. We don't have any other straws to clutch at, well apart from the 'time to gel' straw.

Queens never needed time for their signings to gel. On that Saturday they came to Paisley on an awful run and strolled off with 3 points in the bag they had 3 debutants in their starting 11.

I also never said we have no chance. There's clearly a chance will finish 9th and win the playoff. There's a chance we will finish 8th. There's a chance we will win the Scottish cup too.

The club needs to operate in the reality of the situation we find ourselves in though. And that reality is we are almost certainly heading for League 1, and it's time the club started preparing for that.

Just now, TopCat said:

We had our few new signings and our win though, at Dundee. That was meant to catapult us into the next league games full of confidence and kick start our season. Falkirk at home and Dumbarton away, two very winnable matches. Had we got 4 or 6 points from these games we would be very much in the hunt just now..

We didn't though, we couldn't even get 2 or 3 points. The reality is we are in a worse position now than we were before the Dundee game, and that's after all the new signings have came in and they've all played. We don't have any other straws to clutch at, well apart from the 'time to gel' straw.

Queens never needed time for their signings to gel. On that Saturday they came to Paisley on an awful run and strolled off with 3 points in the bag they had 3 debutants in their starting 11.

I also never said we have no chance. There's clearly a chance will finish 9th and win the playoff. There's a chance we will finish 8th. There's a chance we will win the Scottish cup too.

The club needs to operate in the reality of the situation we find ourselves in though. And that reality is we are almost certainly heading for League 1, and it's time the club started preparing for that.

any club that prepares for relegation at this stage of the season deserves to go down...plenty time in the summer for that 

we are in the "you never know" area ...( even YOU dont know what might happen)

i will remain in the "hope" brigade till its mathematically impossible...i hope you do too..because im forever grateful of your match day updates...THATS WHY I KNOW YOU CARE :)

now if you could just drop the negative posts till the summer ( when we are all on holiday :P) that would be good

it wont do you any harm to be positive you know...try it..it doesnt hurt....till at least 4.45 on a Saturday :rolleyes:

My worry is that, even if we do go on a run and start to put together a few wins, the other teams aren't reading the same book as us.  We didn't expect Ayr or Dumbarton to pick up some of the points they did, so who's to say they'll drop off now?  We need to many things outside of our control to go our way.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If you take time to read what Ronnie said he, clearly, doesn't make a bet ,he says he will donate £20, nothing about me betting.

Now I have a donation to a Mr William Hill to make, feck off and don't annoy me. :byebye

I know you like a bet FARAWAY if we don't finish 9th I will donate £20 to the charity of your choice at end of the season.

What does that say you big feartie?

Come on read it you yellow bellied, keyboard warrior coward?

It says the word bet.  You were challenged to a bet and you skid marked your pants.  Fart dust on your boxers!

In order to illustrate the cowardly behaviour that Ronnie has exposed I shall now post the definition of the word bet

BET:- risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event such as a race or game.
"he bet on baseball games"

Undoubtedly an unfounded childish insult will follow as you shy away from Ronnie challenging your mouthy behaviour directly with a "bet" (see definition above) but from this day forward I shall often refer to you using one of the reasonable terms I have demonstrated.  

Just now, saint in exile said:

My worry is that, even if we do go on a run and start to put together a few wins, the other teams aren't reading the same book as us.  We didn't expect Ayr or Dumbarton to pick up some of the points they did, so who's to say they'll drop off now?  We need to many things outside of our control to go our way.

And yet we sooo doo have it in our control

Ayr beat dumbarton ..then we have 2 games in hand over Dumbarton..and in our own hands if we win we reduces the points to 5

we have a game in hand over Ayr with them to pay in our next league game..win that then we are 7pts behind them with a game in hand

and (now it seems..morton have done us a favour by beating raith...)

its really IS in our own hands....its up to us to WIN our remaining games

C'MON SAINTS fans !!!! ...its exciting and bawbusting at the same time....this could be better than winning the league

(remember shuggie's last gap goal)

PULL TOGETHER !!!!!!!! 

With Raith Rovers losing again tonight , I can see them being brought into this relegation battle . They're  shipping a lot goals and haven't won since October . I might be clutching at straws a little given that we're not winning games either (yet) , but they really are struggling at the moment . The 11 point lead they have could quickly dwindle , providing we can put some points on the board . 

You live in hope .

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

With Raith Rovers losing again tonight , I can see them being brought into this relegation battle . They're  shipping a lot goals and haven't won since October . I might be clutching at straws a little given that we're not winning games either (yet) , but they really are struggling at the moment . The 11 point lead they have could quickly dwindle , providing we can put some points on the board . 

You live in hope .

Or... they one one game and dissapear over the horizon..?

the only results that count are ours, it matters not a jot what anyone else does. If we don't win, we go down, nothing else will save us other than points.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or... they one one game and dissapear over the horizon..?

the only results that count are ours, it matters not a jot what anyone else does. If we don't win, we go down, nothing else will save us other than points.

It very much matters what everyone else does. We could win every game - we still need others, most notably Ayr, to lose too.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

What does that say you big feartie?

Come on read it you yellow bellied, keyboard warrior coward?

It says the word bet.  You were challenged to a bet and you skid marked your pants.  Fart dust on your boxers!

In order to illustrate the cowardly behaviour that Ronnie has exposed I shall now post the definition of the word bet

BET:- risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event such as a race or game.
"he bet on baseball games"

Undoubtedly an unfounded childish insult will follow as you shy away from Ronnie challenging your mouthy behaviour directly with a "bet" (see definition above) but from this day forward I shall often refer to you using one of the reasonable terms I have demonstrated.  

He's got feartie-form, Tom.

and he tries to hide his inadequacy in using  illegal ageist language to try to hide his inadequacies.

To him, I am somehow ancient and less relevant.   i bet him I could beat him in any race he chose... He skittered off...  

There was was a guy who worked in the Arabian Gulf when I was down there.  Couldn't handle it.  Displayed some similar weird social failures and ended up in his garage, in his car with the engine running.... Etc.

let's hope faraway can find some stability and maturity.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Faraway's point about past results is, quite frankly, pointless. (Nothing unusual there though). He is entitled to his say without undue ridicule. We have a brand new team. God only knows, if even he does, how that will pan out. Christ! For all I know we could go on a ten game winning streak. The opposition don't have a clue about our players. We don't have a clue either. I suppose we will need to pray to whatever deity/deities, (for those who believe in a polytheistic religion), or hope for luck for those atheist among us. While the past performances certainly aren't a guide to the future we certainly need to hope that the tactics employed vary due to the change in personnel.

Luck will carry Saints through...   :)

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

And yet we sooo doo have it in our control

Ayr beat dumbarton ..then we have 2 games in hand over Dumbarton..and in our own hands if we win we reduces the points to 5

we have a game in hand over Ayr with them to pay in our next league game..win that then we are 7pts behind them with a game in hand

and (now it seems..morton have done us a favour by beating raith...)

its really IS in our own hands....its up to us to WIN our remaining games

C'MON SAINTS fans !!!! ...its exciting and bawbusting at the same time....this could be better than winning the league

(remember shuggie's last gap goal)

PULL TOGETHER !!!!!!!! 

You contradict yourself.  By your reckoning, we NEED Ayr to beat Dumbarton.  Ergo, it's beyond our control.  What happens if they draw, or if Ayr win?  All we can do is win, and hope other results go our way.

11 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

You contradict yourself.  By your reckoning, we NEED Ayr to beat Dumbarton.  Ergo, it's beyond our control.  What happens if they draw, or if Ayr win?  All we can do is win, and hope other results go our way.

Correct. There is no argument about this. We are detached at the bottom, therefore the only clubs who have it in their own hands are the clubs above us.

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Faraway's point about past results is, quite frankly, pointless. (Nothing unusual there though). He is entitled to his say without undue ridicule. We have a brand new team. God only knows, if even he does, how that will pan out. Christ! For all I know we could go on a ten game winning streak. The opposition don't have a clue about our players. I don't have a clue either. I suppose we will need to pray to whatever deity/deities, (for those who believe in a polytheistic religion), or hope for luck for those atheist among us. While the past performances certainly aren't a guide to the future we certainly need to hope that the tactics employed vary due to the change in personnel.

Stating the bleedin obvious there as you didn't want us to sign our top striker. :1eye

No point trying to explain how important previous results are, I'll let you continue to post.................eh, what exactly are you trying to say as it meanders from one view to another? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, antrin said:

He's got feartie-form, Tom.

and he tries to hide his inadequacy in using  illegal ageist language to try to hide his inadequacies.

To him, I am somehow ancient and less relevant.   i bet him I could beat him in any race he chose... He skittered off...  

There was was a guy who worked in the Arabian Gulf when I was down there.  Couldn't handle it.  Displayed some similar weird social failures and ended up in his garage, in his car with the engine running.... Etc.

let's hope faraway can find some stability and maturity.

Hello Methuselah? :byebye

Bet you could beat me in a race, aye, that's a great way to prove a point..................:lol:

Run along. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It very much matters what everyone else does. We could win every game - we still need others, most notably Ayr, to lose too.

Offered in an amicable spirit, but stating the bleedin obvious. Our destiny is in our hands, yes Ayr need to lose... they need to lose to us..!

if we dont get clean sheets, or outscore our opponents we dont get the points we need. We need to WIN football matches and we need to win them now!

Edited by Lord Pityme

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

:toilet

Edited by Vambo57
nowt