Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

TopCat

5 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Well, Oaky, dunno if you've got a fat arse but I am pretty sure you're not a lecturer. You're a self employed rocket scientist or some such I'm led to believe,

I was toying with the idea of coming over to a match but I'm not coming for that one. I'll regret it if we beat them. I'm never comfortable at Parkhead or Ibrox and I just can't be arsed with all the crap that we hear at both grounds. A friend of mine over here who is a Celtic fanatic has invited me to go over with his crowd. I declined. Hope you get rid of your wheeze soon. You should invent a cure.

No I'm not a lecturer. I work in scientific research and I am not an employee. In fact I have been working for myself for so long I can't remember what it is like to work for a company.

Actually for the life of me I can't remember why he started calling me that in the first place. All I can say is that most lecturers have had to fight through a morass of hundreds of some of the most technically brilliant people in the world in order to obtain their job. That is absolutely true in most good universities as far as I am aware. I can't see why he thinks that is something to be laughed at. I would be quite proud to have come through that sort of challenge. I can't imagine what HIS job is that he thinks this is to be laughed at. Maybe he will tell us.

Edited by oaksoft

17 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

You, poor, fat, lonely, lecturer! :lol:

Leaving aside the fact that you already know this is not my job, let's hear what is so special about your job that you feel the need to laugh at lecturing jobs? Or indeed ANY person's job?

Do you have the courage to tell us? Or are you another tedious and cliched "approaching 50 years of age" keyboard warrior with nothing to contribute to society but negativity towards others?

I have to say I don't believe I have ever tried to use somebody's job as a weapon to attack them with so I am very keen to hear what profession you are engaged in.

Are you man enough to tell us?

Edited by oaksoft

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No I'm not a lecturer. I work in scientific research and I am not an employee. In fact I have been working for myself for so long I can't remember what it is like to work for a company.

Actually for the life of me I can't remember why he started calling me that in the first place. All I can say is that most lecturers have had to fight through a morass of hundreds of some of the most technically brilliant people in the world in order to obtain their job. That is absolutely true in most good universities as far as I am aware. I can't see why he thinks that is something to be laughed at. I would be quite proud to have come through that sort of challenge. I can't imagine what HIS job is that he thinks this is to be laughed at. Maybe he will tell us.

He`s a Beagle

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The eternal "I'm going, I'm no going" whenever we play either Rangers or Celtic debate.

I can see both points but I still believe that allowing anything, and some use any excuse, to stop you seeing your team possibly win against a giant seems a wasted opportunity.

I'm no going:P this is one away game where i won't be wasting my money!

Thousands of home fans, and more than a few Buddies will now say 'fcuk paying for this' and will stay at home or go to a boozer. Scottish football, pile of fcuking shit.

Every round of the Scottish cup is the same. There's a TV game Saturday lunch time, Sunday lunch time and late Sunday afternoon. The rest (non TV games) are 3pm on the Saturday. Has been this way for years.

If it was a League game I'd probably watch it at home to be honest, but since it's a Cup Quarter Final I will most definitely be going to Celtic Park.

I was at every game in 1987, but I missed the Quarter Final away to Aberdeen in the 2013 League Cup run. Annoys me I wasn't at every game when we won that trophy.

Not making that mistake again!

Thinking we were away to Raith Rovers that weekend my wife booked a cottage for the weekend in Cupar.This would have meant travelling back on the Saturday and returning after the game.Early return home on the Sunday is better now but would have preferred the 3pm.Nothing to lose in this one and plenty to gain although my thoughts are more with the game at Ayr.

37 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Thousands of home fans, and more than a few Buddies will now say 'fcuk paying for this' and will stay at home or go to a boozer. Scottish football, pile of fcuking shit.

Sellics game in the last round was a TV game with a 12:30 kick off.They still managed to pull in 25k fans and I doubt there would have been many ICT fans in attendance.

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

Sellics game in the last round was a TV game with a 12:30 kick off.They still managed to pull in 25k fans and I doubt there would have been many ICT fans in attendance.

You're forgetting something. Their last tie was against ICT. This tie is clearly against far more glamourous opposition. B)

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

12.30 on a Sunday will hit the home support heavily too considering how far most of them travel, ST's urnae valid, and how pish public transport is on a Sunday morning. Doubt it will be much over 20k attendance.

Wasn't this the case when they played ICT in the previous round? If so what was the attendance?

Guest TPAFKATS
12.30 on a Sunday will hit the home support heavily too considering how far most of them travel, ST's urnae valid, and how pish public transport is on a Sunday morning. Doubt it will be much over 20k attendance.

Surely not. They are the (self proclaimed) best fans in the world after all [emoji6]

Wasn't this the case when they played ICT in the previous round? If so what was the attendance?

Think the ICT game was on the Saturday lunchtime as opposed to Sunday?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

That's a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. :clapping

Suppose we'll have the usual "Now people won't go" posts when the same people wouldn't go anyway. :lol:

Eh.... the same people will travel much farther and at far more expense than the cost of going to Darkheid, i'll be at Ayr the week before, that will cost more.