Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
fan4ever

Rangers extra seating

Recommended Posts

tell ye 

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


Indeed. You summed it up perfectly.

And the Old Firm style abuse is you all over. Why not go the whole hog and get yourself an Ibrox season ticket? Then you can throw objects and abuse folk who disagree with you every week!

The Old Firm feed off fans like you, prepared to bend over, lube up and take it all ways.

You are allowing the Old Firm to continue. You won’t do anything to stand up for St Mirren, Scottish football, or yourself.
 

 

cannae beat it up the arse  go to aberdeen on saturday and i'll show ye  .......aw naw the big bad aberdeen casuals might get ye and do it for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


Indeed. You summed it up perfectly.

And the Old Firm style abuse is you all over. Why not go the whole hog and get yourself an Ibrox season ticket? Then you can throw objects and abuse folk who disagree with you every week!

The Old Firm feed off fans like you, prepared to bend over, lube up and take it all ways.

You are allowing the Old Firm to continue. You won’t do anything to stand up for St Mirren, Scottish football, or yourself.
 

 

Unwarranted and unfair comment Wendy.  A number of fans follow their team (St Mirren) home and away whether this is against Stranraer,  Ross County as well as the big boys. They generally do so with enthusiasm and (mostly) without much complaint from locals.  They do tend to be noisy and boisterous at away grounds.  This is no different for other supports who come to us.  I abhor the sectarian stuff which seem to be integral for many who follow the big two and am open about it with friends who support them. Saint's fans will,  as will others,  have their own thoughts on going to their grounds (I generally haven't gone for many years but have made exceptions).  I do want us to be playing the strongest teams and for those to come to my teams home ground with their fans.  It's up to us to buy enough season tickets to leave only the north stand for sway fans.  I was posting on why this was important months ago and took some stick for it at the time.  As fans we need to put our money where our mouths are and buy season tickets now.  The clubs job is to make the package attractive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Maboza said:

4000 season tickets still leaves a lot of empty space and lost revenue.  If the OF were only given the North Stand then this would leave approx. 6400 home seats?  

We're simply not going to sell enough season tickets in the short to medium term.  

And the club aren't going to turn down the cash - whether we like it or not. 

That's not to say that there's not potential solutions to the keep the OF out. Something like encouraging Season Ticket holders to buy additional 'Bring a Friend' season ticket(s) (£100 each) - providing tickets to the 3 home games against the OF and 2 other home games of their choice.  That sort of thing puts down a challenge to our fans to sell the required number of tickets to keep the OF out and goes even further by bettering the revenue they would bring.

For it to work at it's best, it would need fans to protect who the tickets go to, in the sense of not being passed on to OF, but also encouraging fans to bring 'new' visitors, rather than people that would often come and PATG. That way we ensure we are maximising revenue. 

 

 

Downsides:- Old Firm games aren't particularly attractive games and our home attendances normally drop. Would we want really neutrals to come and experience a match against the OF as their introduction to St.Mirren?  Quite often a poor result and all the other negativity that goes with the ugly sisters! It's perhaps not the best chance of capturing repeat custom. 

 

 

It does, and you're spot on with your down sides. 

You would need to have an incentive like you say... not easy to get people through the gates, especially when families stay away.

There is no easy solution.... not taking their money is giving other teams a financial advantage, especially during our first season with the difference in prize money. GS mentioned in one of his previous updates iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LargsBud said:

We've all known they are scum for years now.  Nothing new has changed today.

I can't for the life of me see how rangers fans being scum can result in you cancelling your direct debit to support St Mirren.

He will consider cancelling if this board doesn’t take appropriate action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The seating issue is an argument which has pro's and Cons.  I won't get into that BUT

Some of the language and attitudes towards fellow football fans however is pretty disgraceful. No wonder football fans get treated like second class citizens. Anyone who wasn't actually at the game and reads this forum would think the Saints fans had been subjected to continuous missile bombardment from all sections of the Rangers Support and had to fight for their lives to get into and out of the ground without being maimed, murdered, and stabbed by hordes of Rampaging, Rioting  Rangers Fans.

As someone who was at the game. My observations were as follows.

Yes, In traditional football fan, logic. One or two A-holes on both sides thought the netting on the seats between them provided some sort of force field that made them invincible. As at every ground I have ever visited a few on both sides couldn't stop themselves indulging in some animated banter and it seemed like a couple of people had issues with individuals on the other side of the netting. This was reciprocated both ways. Most of the Rangers Fans in the ground simply supported their team and in the main they did it well. Sure there was the odd reference to outdated traditions but FFS it was Ibrox and that's what they do. It's not right. It's not big or clever but in the main if you didn't bother them they didn't bother you but those boys and girls created at atmosphere.

Missiles- I saw a young apprentice - Rangers fan throw an apple. I'm not doubting the odd plastic bottle may have been launched but to be honest the only reason I saw the apple was because I was engrossed by the exchange between the young Saints fans and the young Rangers fans who felt safe enough behind their netted barriers to shout the sort of abuse at each other which would merit a smack in the mouth if it happened in the real world. There are fans in every team like this and to Brandish all Rangers and Celtic fans as animals is an insult to all football fans.

On the way to Ibrox, I met lots of decent Rangers fans who gave me tips and advice on how to get there. They were happy to talk football and  nothing but helpful. Wearing St Mirren Tops four of us went for a drink in the Louden. Not sure if it's normal for away fans to step in to the bears den but everyone inside was courteous and we had a bit of banter the way we would in any  bar near an away ground. The strangest part was despite it being packed to the rafters it was one of the quickest pubs to get served  in.

In and around the stadium it was busy but no one made an issue because we were away fans. No intimidation, no animosity just fellow football fans going to support their team. 

After the game.No problems. Walked back to the town centre. No one gave a toss about our St Mirren Tops and everyone was friendly.

We ended up drinking with Rangers Fans in the city Centre before dumping them for a couple of birds from a German Rock Group( No Kidding)

All in all a good day out. Shame about the result.

Read this morning Saints fans had been bottled, subjected to missile attacks and Rangers Fans had to be hunted down, banned from football and exterminated. 

99.999% of football fans are good guys. No matter what team they support The 0.001% who are A-Holes are Just A-holes. No matter what team they support.

Get things into perspective. Please......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


Back in 2012a threatened mass fan boycott boycott stopped Sevco getting into the top flight.

You wanted to let them into the top flight straight away.

 

 

Actually I didn't. You have the wrong person.

If you have a wee look I had drafted a letter to all SFL chairman apologising for our club's attempts to force them to vote Rangers into the Championship. I wanted them either in League Two or kicked out altogether. I asked for and had a big list of forumsters who wanted their name on that letter too. I wrote a post on here to our chairman pleading with him to vote against them remaining in the Premier league. At the time it was the most liked post ever seen on this forum with around 60 "likes". I was prepared to walk away from all Scottish football if Gilmour had voted to keep them in the division.

Are you ever right about anything? :lol:

That explains all those OF digs you had against me over the years and it was all down to mistaken identity. What a spangle you are. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The seating issue is an argument which has pro's and Cons.  I won't get into that BUT

Some of the language and attitudes towards fellow football fans however is pretty disgraceful. No wonder football fans get treated like second class citizens. Anyone who wasn't actually at the game and reads this forum would think the Saints fans had been subjected to continuous missile bombardment from all sections of the Rangers Support and had to fight for their lives to get into and out of the ground without being maimed, murdered, and stabbed by hordes of Rampaging, Rioting  Rangers Fans.

As someone who was at the game. My observations were as follows.

Yes, In traditional football fan, logic. One or two A-holes on both sides thought the netting on the seats between them provided some sort of force field that made them invincible. As at every ground I have ever visited a few on both sides couldn't stop themselves indulging in some animated banter and it seemed like a couple of people had issues with individuals on the other side of the netting. This was reciprocated both ways. Most of the Rangers Fans in the ground simply supported their team and in the main they did it well. Sure there was the odd reference to outdated traditions but FFS it was Ibrox and that's what they do. It's not right. It's not big or clever but in the main if you didn't bother them they didn't bother you but those boys and girls created at atmosphere.

Missiles- I saw a young apprentice - Rangers fan throw an apple. I'm not doubting the odd plastic bottle may have been launched but to be honest the only reason I saw the apple was because I was engrossed by the exchange between the young Saints fans and the young Rangers fans who felt safe enough behind their netted barriers to shout the sort of abuse at each other which would merit a smack in the mouth if it happened in the real world. There are fans in every team like this and to Brandish all Rangers and Celtic fans as animals is an insult to all football fans.

On the way to Ibrox, I met lots of decent Rangers fans who gave me tips and advice on how to get there. They were happy to talk football and  nothing but helpful. Wearing St Mirren Tops four of us went for a drink in the Louden. Not sure if it's normal for away fans to step in to the bears den but everyone inside was courteous and we had a bit of banter the way we would in any  bar near an away ground. The strangest part was despite it being packed to the rafters it was one of the quickest pubs to get served  in.

In and around the stadium it was busy but no one made an issue because we were away fans. No intimidation, no animosity just fellow football fans going to support their team. 

After the game.No problems. Walked back to the town centre. No one gave a toss about our St Mirren Tops and everyone was friendly.

We ended up drinking with Rangers Fans in the city Centre before dumping them for a couple of birds from a German Rock Group( No Kidding)

All in all a good day out. Shame about the result.

Read this morning Saints fans had been bottled, subjected to missile attacks and Rangers Fans had to be hunted down, banned from football and exterminated. 

99.999% of football fans are good guys. No matter what team they support The 0.001% who are A-Holes are Just A-holes. No matter what team they support.

Get things into perspective. Please......

 

Possibly the worst post in b&w army history. Get your head out of the sand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The seating issue is an argument which has pro's and Cons.  I won't get into that BUT

Some of the language and attitudes towards fellow football fans however is pretty disgraceful. No wonder football fans get treated like second class citizens. Anyone who wasn't actually at the game and reads this forum would think the Saints fans had been subjected to continuous missile bombardment from all sections of the Rangers Support and had to fight for their lives to get into and out of the ground without being maimed, murdered, and stabbed by hordes of Rampaging, Rioting  Rangers Fans.

As someone who was at the game. My observations were as follows.

Yes, In traditional football fan, logic. One or two A-holes on both sides thought the netting on the seats between them provided some sort of force field that made them invincible. As at every ground I have ever visited a few on both sides couldn't stop themselves indulging in some animated banter and it seemed like a couple of people had issues with individuals on the other side of the netting. This was reciprocated both ways. Most of the Rangers Fans in the ground simply supported their team and in the main they did it well. Sure there was the odd reference to outdated traditions but FFS it was Ibrox and that's what they do. It's not right. It's not big or clever but in the main if you didn't bother them they didn't bother you but those boys and girls created at atmosphere.

Missiles- I saw a young apprentice - Rangers fan throw an apple. I'm not doubting the odd plastic bottle may have been launched but to be honest the only reason I saw the apple was because I was engrossed by the exchange between the young Saints fans and the young Rangers fans who felt safe enough behind their netted barriers to shout the sort of abuse at each other which would merit a smack in the mouth if it happened in the real world. There are fans in every team like this and to Brandish all Rangers and Celtic fans as animals is an insult to all football fans.

On the way to Ibrox, I met lots of decent Rangers fans who gave me tips and advice on how to get there. They were happy to talk football and  nothing but helpful. Wearing St Mirren Tops four of us went for a drink in the Louden. Not sure if it's normal for away fans to step in to the bears den but everyone inside was courteous and we had a bit of banter the way we would in any  bar near an away ground. The strangest part was despite it being packed to the rafters it was one of the quickest pubs to get served  in.

In and around the stadium it was busy but no one made an issue because we were away fans. No intimidation, no animosity just fellow football fans going to support their team. 

After the game.No problems. Walked back to the town centre. No one gave a toss about our St Mirren Tops and everyone was friendly.

We ended up drinking with Rangers Fans in the city Centre before dumping them for a couple of birds from a German Rock Group( No Kidding)

All in all a good day out. Shame about the result.

Read this morning Saints fans had been bottled, subjected to missile attacks and Rangers Fans had to be hunted down, banned from football and exterminated. 

99.999% of football fans are good guys. No matter what team they support The 0.001% who are A-Holes are Just A-holes. No matter what team they support.

Get things into perspective. Please......

 

You'll not be popular pointing out we have a moronic element in our support, although far less than Rangers. 

Ooops, just seen Kemp who likes dishing it out but can't handle any point that he doesn't agree with. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Possibly the worst post in b&w army history. Get your head out of the sand!

I Dispute your view which is also why I criticised our banner at the game. 

Football is about fun.  Two teams are needed to hold a game! 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Possibly the worst post in b&w army history. Get your head out of the sand!

Not sure if you were there. Maybe you had an awful experience.

Maybe just the idea that Rangers and Celtic fans can be like any other fan threw you. Maybe the idea that other fans can be like Rangers and Celtic tipped you over the edge.

I'm not doubting for a second there are Bigoted Morons out there. One or two Morons on here too .

Worst post in b&w army history.

Do you get a prize for that

Funny-Quotes-46803-statusmind.com.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

 

Football is about fun.  Two teams are needed to hold a game! 

Fun ?,

I have been hyper happy all day after seeing that Banner this morning. Haven't stopped laughing.

Two Teams ?

We have 39 other Teams we can play against, no need at all to entertain the Weegie Bigots.

Edited by shull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Not sure if you were there. Maybe you had an awful experience.

Maybe just the idea that Rangers and Celtic fans can be like any other fan threw you. Maybe the idea that other fans can be like Rangers and Celtic tipped you over the edge.

I'm not doubting for a second there are Bigoted Morons out there. One or two Morons on here too .

Worst post in b&w army history.

Do you get a prize for that

Funny-Quotes-46803-statusmind.com.jpg

And maybe four Celtic fans never walked into the Louden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any issues with going/not going to the OF cesspits. I'm not into one upmanship against fellow fans. My preference is not to because i'm a grown adult and i'm not at a football match to be called a f****n or orange B*****d . I prefer to do other things on those days, fair play to those who can be bothered with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why people don't want to go to ibrox and parkhead but don't understand why some of us don't want to support our team at home I know all the vile shite that comes with these two but this is our home we will outnumber them. In saying that i would just give them the north and try and get as many buds to attend if any of the mutants do infiltrate the home ends just get them pointed out to the stewards/police so they get papped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there with my daughter yesterday where we were seated (row O) we felt reasonably ‘comfortable’, however we had a clear view of the threats from their contorted faces, my late mother used to say one thing that I will never forget to my own dying day and that’s that “their both as bad as each other”!!

I don’t think I’ll be going back again, I don’t need the stress of covering up my colours and watching my daughter like a hawk to and from their stadium!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The seating issue is an argument which has pro's and Cons.  I won't get into that BUT

Some of the language and attitudes towards fellow football fans however is pretty disgraceful. No wonder football fans get treated like second class citizens. Anyone who wasn't actually at the game and reads this forum would think the Saints fans had been subjected to continuous missile bombardment from all sections of the Rangers Support and had to fight for their lives to get into and out of the ground without being maimed, murdered, and stabbed by hordes of Rampaging, Rioting  Rangers Fans.

As someone who was at the game. My observations were as follows.

Yes, In traditional football fan, logic. One or two A-holes on both sides thought the netting on the seats between them provided some sort of force field that made them invincible. As at every ground I have ever visited a few on both sides couldn't stop themselves indulging in some animated banter and it seemed like a couple of people had issues with individuals on the other side of the netting. This was reciprocated both ways. Most of the Rangers Fans in the ground simply supported their team and in the main they did it well. Sure there was the odd reference to outdated traditions but FFS it was Ibrox and that's what they do. It's not right. It's not big or clever but in the main if you didn't bother them they didn't bother you but those boys and girls created at atmosphere.

Missiles- I saw a young apprentice - Rangers fan throw an apple. I'm not doubting the odd plastic bottle may have been launched but to be honest the only reason I saw the apple was because I was engrossed by the exchange between the young Saints fans and the young Rangers fans who felt safe enough behind their netted barriers to shout the sort of abuse at each other which would merit a smack in the mouth if it happened in the real world. There are fans in every team like this and to Brandish all Rangers and Celtic fans as animals is an insult to all football fans.

On the way to Ibrox, I met lots of decent Rangers fans who gave me tips and advice on how to get there. They were happy to talk football and  nothing but helpful. Wearing St Mirren Tops four of us went for a drink in the Louden. Not sure if it's normal for away fans to step in to the bears den but everyone inside was courteous and we had a bit of banter the way we would in any  bar near an away ground. The strangest part was despite it being packed to the rafters it was one of the quickest pubs to get served  in.

In and around the stadium it was busy but no one made an issue because we were away fans. No intimidation, no animosity just fellow football fans going to support their team. 

After the game.No problems. Walked back to the town centre. No one gave a toss about our St Mirren Tops and everyone was friendly.

We ended up drinking with Rangers Fans in the city Centre before dumping them for a couple of birds from a German Rock Group( No Kidding)

All in all a good day out. Shame about the result.

Read this morning Saints fans had been bottled, subjected to missile attacks and Rangers Fans had to be hunted down, banned from football and exterminated. 

99.999% of football fans are good guys. No matter what team they support The 0.001% who are A-Holes are Just A-holes. No matter what team they support.

Get things into perspective. Please......

 

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/317613-how-lucky-are-these-adult-male-non-pregnant-non-disabled-opposition-supporters/?page=4

 

Have a read at this im sure they dont mind us really.

They are bitter to the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, paisleysaint said:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/317613-how-lucky-are-these-adult-male-non-pregnant-non-disabled-opposition-supporters/?page=4

 

Have a read at this im sure they dont mind us really.

They are bitter to the core.

I'm sorry but i can't take those crettins on that link seriously, also their attempts at humour are about as funny as a funeral!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jackbud said:

I was on holiday when they had the South stand and appreciate they had already won the league but how did the segregation work before and after?

They cleared off at full time after a quick wave from their team.The majority of Saints Fans stayed behind to give the Players an end of season cheer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like East Lothian Saints post I went to match with my Saints colours on and walked from Bellahouston Park to Ibrox and Back with not one hint of hassle.

Inside Ibrox my seat was directly beside the Rangers fans in Govan stand and indulged in exchanges of friendly banter for most of the match.

At no time did me, my son or my mates feel intimated, afraid, were spat on, had anything thrown at us.

I must have saw easily 100-200 Saints fans in that ground that I recognise their faces who have been going for as long as me no one is going to convince that most of these guys were intimated on Sunday.

Think alot of Saints are jumping on the anti OF bandwagon I'm not condoning any bad behaviour from Rangers "fans" but by reading all the comments on here you would think most of the 900 fans had been the victims of intimidation, assault etc on Sunday when clearly that wasn't the case.

Think a few people need to man up on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Like East Lothian Saints post I went to match with my Saints colours on and walked from Bellahouston Park to Ibrox and Back with not one hint of hassle.

Inside Ibrox my seat was directly beside the Rangers fans in Govan stand and indulged in exchanges of friendly banter for most of the match.

At no time did me, my son or my mates feel intimated, afraid, were spat on, had anything thrown at us.

I must have saw easily 100-200 Saints fans in that ground that I recognise their faces who have been going for as long as me no one is going to convince that most of these guys were intimated on Sunday.

Think alot of Saints are jumping on the anti OF bandwagon I'm not condoning any bad behaviour from Rangers "fans" but by reading all the comments on here you would think most of the 900 fans had been the victims of intimidation, assault etc on Sunday when clearly that wasn't the case.

Think a few people need to man up on here.
 

If the the wooden flag stick that was thrown from the upper Govan had hit someone's eye, would you be saying the same to them ? "Man up , you've still got another eye".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Like East Lothian Saints post I went to match with my Saints colours on and walked from Bellahouston Park to Ibrox and Back with not one hint of hassle.

Inside Ibrox my seat was directly beside the Rangers fans in Govan stand and indulged in exchanges of friendly banter for most of the match.

At no time did me, my son or my mates feel intimated, afraid, were spat on, had anything thrown at us.

I must have saw easily 100-200 Saints fans in that ground that I recognise their faces who have been going for as long as me no one is going to convince that most of these guys were intimated on Sunday.

Think alot of Saints are jumping on the anti OF bandwagon I'm not condoning any bad behaviour from Rangers "fans" but by reading all the comments on here you would think most of the 900 fans had been the victims of intimidation, assault etc on Sunday when clearly that wasn't the case.

Think a few people need to man up on here.
 

Why would one need to man up to attend a football match ?

Maybe the 12 year old girl should have had a man up moment rather than cry her eyes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...