3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Injury-plagued St Mirren midfielder Greg Tansey is pushing to be fit for the new season after having potentially career-saving surgery on his groin. (Daily Express, print edition)

Just more corroboration he is in the frame for next season. I know he got absolute pelters from the fans in his early Games. Him and Ryan Edwards were the scapegoats for just about everything that went wrong in our early games.  

I thought he was actually coming on to a game  just before he got his famous red card and his condition was properly diagnosed preventing him from returning.  when  he gets back to full fitness I think he will be a decent addition.

Good luck Greg

OF course if he is sorted this is great news.... I think we need to be cautiously optimistic as these kinds of infections often don't fix well, but even just for his sake I do hope that this one is well mended . . .

All the best Greg - hope you get the chance to show us your best over this next season too !

Jim Goodwin in the PDE today stating that Tansey is nowhere near fit. "Miles away" from being fit apparently.
Which may explain why he's training on his own.
May also explain any "rift" between him and the club - he believes he is fit, but club don't think he's fit "enough", yet.

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Which may explain why he's training on his own.
May also explain any "rift" between him and the club - he believes he is fit, but club don't think he's fit "enough", yet.

It still does not explain why he is not being put through proper rehab by our physios. 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

It still does not explain why he is not being put through proper rehab by our physios. 

How do you know that he isn't?

Tansey was a signing that had "danger Will Robinson" written all over it. It would seem it has been a gamble that hasn't paid off.

A fully fit Tansey would have been brilliant.

However, it would seem that this injury has a habit of reoccurrence.

I hope the contract reflects this.

Edited by FTOF

I was really hoping we would see the good side of Tansey - but it sounds like things have broken down between him and the club. JG could have put a more positive spin on things if all was well (e.g. "he's a bit away just now but working hard to get back" etc.)

I've not quite given up the ghost though - need some positive news!

It is complicated. What is of interest to me is how he managed to contract osteomyelitis after a hernia repair that does not involve surgery to a bone.
Bone infections like this can be triggered by other infections as well as through blood spreading the infection.
No idea if this is the case in Tansey's situation.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:17 PM, djchapsticks said:

I feel for him, I honestly do.  I've done similar myself, conned myself into believing a slipped disc in my spine was just a wee strain and worked through it for 4 months

And now imagine it's your career at stake - you can understand why he might be deluding himself a wee bit. Easy to  look sharp when you're running round some cones and pinging balls at some rugby posts.

Reminds me a bit of some videos Wayne Rooney put out before the, I think, 2010 World Cup. He'd had fitness/fatness issues so showed videos training on his own in a park. The World Cup came and he was still fat and slow and couldn't trap a bag of sand. It was probably about fooling himself as much as anyone else.

No doubt the usual suspects and conspiracy theorists will be along to criticise the decision to let him go and provide their own “insight” into the situation.