Jump to content

Recommended Posts


42 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That is tragic for the player first and foremost.

Wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery.

Exactly this. Just as he was rediscovering good form. Speedy recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Exactly this. Just as he was rediscovering good form. Speedy recovery. 

This. Worrying for the lad and wish him well.

Hopefully we can get him right for next season, and get a good pre-season behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infections like these can require another operation to get rid of the infection and to remove any damaged tissue.

Hopefully, if this is required, and the infection clears up, then he might be ready for the start of next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Infections like these can require another operation to get rid of the infection and to remove any damaged tissue.

Hopefully, if this is required, and the infection clears up, then he might be ready for the start of next season.

Thanks for that Dr FTOF. :rolleyes:

Good luck Greg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Horrific luck. He looked so happy when we signed him and he thought this shite was behind him. 

Recover quickly bud.

I am afraid its game over for Greg

 

Bloody tragic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I am afraid its game over for Greg

 

Bloody tragic

Nah...

Assuming the worst” seldom works out, especially when this is an athlete that you’re considering

I was stupidly certain that John Hartson was a goner when his testicular cancer spreads his brain, but he proved idiots like me utterly misguided and wrong - he’s still going strong!

a pal of mine  also had testicular cancer... then 2 cancers in his brain and 3 more in other parts of his body.  He was treated and, to my surprise, still going strong and “healthily”.  He had been a top runner.

modern medical treatments and a basically sound, strong body means more and more people now show a resilience that is happily astounding!

im kinda assuming that Greg Tansey’ll be back doing a good job for the Saints.  :)

 

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nah...

Assuming the worst” seldom works out, especially when this is an athlete that you’re considering

I was stupidly certain that John Hartson was a goner when his testicular cancer spreads his brain, but he proved idiots like me utterly misguided and wrong - he’s still going strong!

a pal of mine  also had testicular cancer... then 2 cancers in his brain and 3 more in other parts of his body.  He was treated and, to my surprise, still going strong and “healthily”.  He had been a top runner.

modern medical treatments and a basically sound, strong body means more and more people now show a resilience that is happily astounding!

im kinda assuming that Greg Tansey’ll be back doing a good job for the Saints.  :)

 

Not for me to officially say but Greg knows the score..............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Infections like these can require another operation to get rid of the infection and to remove any damaged tissue.

Hopefully, if this is required, and the infection clears up, then he might be ready for the start of next season.

Exactly this ^^^^

Infections in some parts of the body cannot be resolved easily by common antibiotics. Bone infections need long term antibiotics to target these, but the other option is an op to clean out the infected area and then drugs etc. There is no quick fix. 

Gutted for him, and for Oran but really really hope he gets what is needed and is back fit for the new season.

A fit Tansey is a real asset - Come on Greg get a lucky break for a change! :magic

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, antrin said:

Nah...

Assuming the worst” seldom works out, especially when this is an athlete that you’re considering

I was stupidly certain that John Hartson was a goner when his testicular cancer spreads his brain, but he proved idiots like me utterly misguided and wrong - he’s still going strong!

a pal of mine  also had testicular cancer... then 2 cancers in his brain and 3 more in other parts of his body.  He was treated and, to my surprise, still going strong and “healthily”.  He had been a top runner.

modern medical treatments and a basically sound, strong body means more and more people now show a resilience that is happily astounding!

im kinda assuming that Greg Tansey’ll be back doing a good job for the Saints.  :)

 

How many thought Darren McGregor's career was over when he got that second terrible knee injury? I hope Greg makes a full recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HSS said:

Sadly it would seem that the bacterial infection that got into the bone during surgery has indeed established itself.

Unfortunately surgical site infections (no matter the technique used) are the most common and costly of hospital infections nowadays.

A sign of the times, and further evidence that we're losing the fight against bacterial infection.

Anyway, fingers crossed that Greg's situation improves soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they have operated on the previously botched Hernia again however it appears that the bone infection once present in the body is treatable but not preventable so may return. Hopefully he recovers but we need to plan accordingly. As callous as it may sound we can't afford passengers on what will be a tight squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Sounds like they have operated on the previously botched Hernia again however it appears that the bone infection once present in the body is treatable but not preventable so may return. Hopefully he recovers but we need to plan accordingly. As callous as it may sound we can't afford passengers on what will be a tight squad. 

Have to agree. We should keep our fingers crossed for him but not look to count him as a squad player till fully fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Have to agree. We should keep our fingers crossed for him but not look to count him as a squad player till fully fit. 

 

Injury-plagued St Mirren midfielder Greg Tansey is pushing to be fit for the new season after having potentially career-saving surgery on his groin. (Daily Express, print edition)

 

Just more corroboration he is in the frame for next season. I know he got absolute pelters from the fans in his early Games. Him and Ryan Edwards were the scapegoats for just about everything that went wrong in our early games.  

I thought he was actually coming on to a game  just before he got his famous red card and his condition was properly diagnosed preventing him from returning.  when  he gets back to full fitness I think he will be a decent addition.

Good luck Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...