Welcome Curtis Main

He's been playing on an ankle or heel injury most of last season that needed surgery. To answer the question, yes he is still recovering but I think he's back in full training.

I think in the last 3 or 4 games of the season, he showed that he could potentially have something to offer under a different system, so I'm definitely not for writing him off just yet. I remember Michael Higdon only scored 3 or 4 goals in his first season with us and was almost universally disliked.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He's been playing on an ankle or heel injury most of last season that needed surgery. To answer the question, yes he is still recovering but I think he's back in full training.

I think in the last 3 or 4 games of the season, he showed that he could potentially have something to offer under a different system, so I'm definitely not for writing him off just yet. I remember Michael Higdon only scored 3 or 4 goals in his first season with us and was almost universally disliked.

So he’s been playing with an Ankle or heel injury which miraculously got better for the last 4 games of the season ? 

Nah , not buying it .  Surely injuries clear up or need treatment to clear them up early . Nothing to do with a new boss coming in and him thinking, “Shit , I’d better get my finger out and stop being a useless lump of wood “

Oh ,  & btw , perhaps he also thought “this new Kiwi guy they’ve brought In who’s never played at this level really is showing me up “

And lastly from me , yes he played better in the last 3 or 4 games but he was hardly the f**king messiah !! He simply got a wee bit nearer to where we need Premier level players to be . 

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So he’s been playing with an Ankle or heel injury which miraculously got better for the last 4 games of the season ? 

Nah , not buying it .  Surely injuries clear up or need treatment to clear them up early . Nothing to do with a new boss coming in and him thinking, “Shit , I’d better get my finger out and stop being a useless lump of wood “

Oh ,  & btw , perhaps he also thought “this new Kiwi guy they’ve brought In who’s never played at this level really is showing me up “

And lastly from me , yes he played better in the last 3 or 4 games but he was hardly the f**king messiah !! He simply got a wee bit nearer to where we need Premier level players to be . 

You are not a massive fan of Main.

Just a guess.

6 minutes ago, Rascal said:

You are not a massive fan of Main.

Just a guess.

I’ve been clear from the start . EVERY player who pulls on the Saints strip joins with my best wishes and hopes of success. 
Some players are a bit of a punt , some come with a decent track record and then some come in who have done the square root of f**k all previously at this level .
Main most definitely falls into the latter category - he reached the heady heights of being a 1 goal in 6 “striker “ with ‘well but for me he was most definitely a Meh signing . 

I really really hope he rams my doubts down my throat and becomes a Saints hero in 22-23 but given the fact he can’t win a header, can’t run, his second touch is a tackle , can’t shoot and looks n plays like a Rugby league player - I won’t hold my breath .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...