Hibs v St Mirren - today 03/02/24

Due to circumstances I was forced to follow today's game on BBC radio.

Well done to the lads. Sounds as if they all had a good game. Also, credit to the travelling fans. They must have surely enjoyed what they saw.

I think we should petition the BBC NOT to send Michael Stewart to any of our games from now on. Every report he sent was all about how poor Hibs were. He complained over and over about the penalty we got. We understood that he thought it was soft the FIRST time he mentioned it! Also, he stumbled over the names of our new players - clearly hadn't taken the time to check them out. Finally, on Mandron's goal, it was fully 25 seconds into his report before he told us which team had scored. Abysmal!

16 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Well done to the lads. Sounds as if they all had a good game. Also, credit to the travelling fans. They must have surely enjoyed what they saw.

I think we should petition the BBC NOT to send Michael Stewart to any of our games from now on. Every report he sent was all about how poor Hibs were. He complained over and over about the penalty we got. We understood that he thought it was soft the FIRST time he mentioned it! Also, he stumbled over the names of our new players - clearly hadn't taken the time to check them out. Finally, on Mandron's goal, it was fully 25 seconds into his report before he told us which team had scored. Abysmal!

Michael stewart should be nowhere near a mike.... have to say apart from McCann they are very poor...that includes Thommo

15 minutes ago, pondsman said:

It was the same from the studio, hardly a mention of what was happening until at half time Rory Loy said it was wave after wave of St. Mirren attacks.

Well, who could be surprised after such a dismally disappointing transfer window when we missed out on our number one target KVV, it's understandable that we played appallingly today and clearly we're heading for a stick-on bottom 6 spot, and ..., erm, um ..., oops, oh dear, my bad  !!

Absolutely fantastic performance - when we chip in with goals from other areas  it helps considerably

Always looked a threat going forward and defensively looked very secure 

Every game is big - but huge huge game against Dundee in the context of securing a top 6 berth 👌👌  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Well, who could be surprised after such a dismally disappointing transfer window when we missed out on our number one target KVV, it's understandable that we played appallingly today and clearly we're heading for a stick-on bottom 6 spot, and ..., erm, um ..., oops, oh dear, my bad  !!

Yip.

Fortunately our manager knows so much more about football than the negative tits in our support.

Great performance today . Great link up play and great partnerships through out the team . Full backs got forward and constantly got crosses in , Mandron led the line well and constantly linkedup play from the front .Kwon was superb ,excellent positioning ,seldom wasting a ball and constantly got stuck in , Kiltie , Scott and CBM had great games too . Hemmings had little to do , but what he did he did well . Not often I've seen a Saints team where  everyone plays well .

8 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Gogic was great today hopefully we have him signed up for next season as well the way he attacked that header was the way to do it , go for it and take everything round about you with it.

Gogic has been superb for us. As you say, his goal yesterday just typifies his attitude on the pitch. He’s the top player in the league for tackles/ball wins and his energy must rub off on the rest of the team. He’s rarely injured (touch wood), has great experience at international level too, can bag a goal, great engine and is versatile. I’ve got mates that support teams like Aberdeen and Hearts that say they would want him at their clubs. 
Wonder if some of the reported big bucks that we would have been spending on Van Veen can be used to get him signed up on a decent contract. I know there’s an offer on the table at the moment. 
What a brilliant result yesterday. A win against a strong Dundee team on Wednesday would be massive for our top six push. Some big games coming up for us. 

15 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Gogic has been superb for us. As you say, his goal yesterday just typifies his attitude on the pitch. He’s the top player in the league for tackles/ball wins and his energy must rub off on the rest of the team. He’s rarely injured (touch wood), has great experience at international level too, can bag a goal, great engine and is versatile. I’ve got mates that support teams like Aberdeen and Hearts that say they would want him at their clubs. 
Wonder if some of the reported big bucks that we would have been spending on Van Veen can be used to get him signed up on a decent contract. I know there’s an offer on the table at the moment. 
What a brilliant result yesterday. A win against a strong Dundee team on Wednesday would be massive for our top six push. Some big games coming up for us. 

It’s great form to be going into that game, no doubt.

Unfortunately I couldn't manage to get to the game as I'm sunning myself in Lanzarote ATM. What a fantastic result. Going by the stats it could have been even more. Well done to all. I'm away for a midday tipple so by for now.

14 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

In my lifetime going to Easter road, that  is the best performance I have witnessed , magnificent result. super saints.

Definitely the most dominant first 45 I've witnessed over the years. The second half was a canter because of the hard work they put in in the first half.