Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Not according to the Falkirk fans who watched him week in week out at this level he's not.

Indeed one of their fans said they'd be 'delighted' if he signed for us.

That's nothing to go on, some of our fans would say the same about our goalies over the few seasons.

Well they watch him every week at that level and you don't.

I will take their opinion of him with far more credence than I will take yours.

Our fans watch the team week in and week out and some fans were delighted when Higdon left.

Just my view , for me Ridgers is a good goalie would have pitted any goalie with our defence last season. Ridgers is a goalie not some new Russian defence system excl.png

I think people forget that Ridgers is only 24, still fairly young for a keeper. If we can bring in an older, experienced back up who wants to coach, I think that would benefit everyone concerned. Edited by ulysses

The two names i have heard we have made offers for Agnew which we all know about

Liam Buchanan was the other one

I actually wondered if we'd be interested in Buchanan.

He's still only 31 and was one of the Championship's top scorers last season with struggling Alloa.

Derek Lyle was also one of the top scorers in this division last season so it sort of shows the standard.

Buchanan has a decent record and with a better team he could maybe bag 15. A partnership with Steven Thompson should be good enough to get us into the play offs?

I heard a wee story today that David Barron is coming back if he can prove his fitness. ohmy.png

A fully fit Barron would be a welcome squad addition , especially if he was playing himself back in at Championship level !

I see that David Barron only made 1 sub appearance at Greenock Juniors.

If he had been playing in the juniors regularly then I could understand him trying to make a comeback but if he hasn't been playing then why not?

A fit David Barron would be an excellent player. Can play anywhere in the back 4 and defensive midfield.

Despite his versatility, when he was fit he would always have been one of the first names I would have put on the teamsheet - any of the positions noted above.

I really can't see him coming back though.

Seen Ian Black come out the stadium today, hope hes only asking to train with us.

The guy is an utter fud, hope he doesn't sign. In fact, his fud status is so well established that it's blocking out any memory I have of his actual footballing ability.