Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

O’hara to Celtic……you heard it here first 

Not a chance. Ohara is good but nowhere near good enough for Celtic, Rodgers has been promised funds to compete in Europe not finish in the top 6.

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I would have hoped that a sfrategy of developing to sell would not be based on low release-clause thresholds 

it takes away the control and continuity with poor reward, possibly only 10 s of thousands after his salary agents fees living costs and management fees have been met by the club

what next, O’Hara to Bury for80 k?

😂😂

Perhaps the club have an arrangement with players considering signing for St Mirren that they will sell them on for a quarter of their market value so that they are not stuck in Paisley longer than necessary.
Well maybe the initial fee, but with add-ons it goes to what the club want? Shows we are the show case and stepping stone the player was promised and we make some money rather than no money like seasons in the past. Each year we then look to increase this initial amount with the increase of gradual quality of players.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Well maybe the initial fee, but with add-ons it goes to what the club want? Shows we are the show case and stepping stone the player was promised and we make some money rather than no money like seasons in the past. Each year we then look to increase this initial amount with the increase of gradual quality of players.

Can we afford to replace Baccus with a player of similar quality?

If not, we are just perpetually chasing our tail.

Can we afford to replace Baccus with a player of similar quality?
If not, we are just perpetually chasing our tail.
I see what you are saying, but of all the players in contract being talked about that could go (O'Hara and Strain as well), I think Baccus is more replaceable than the other two.

1 minute ago, SamSmith99 said:

He’s not - he was brought in because he fits the same profile as Ethan.

I think we’ve missed Ethan more than well miss Bacuus, I liked him as a player but I think if we properly replaced Ethan his berth is easier to fill

Just now, WeeBud said:

I think we’ve missed Ethan more than well miss Bacuus, I liked him as a player but I think if we properly replaced Ethan his berth is easier to fill

Got to agree. Ethan was tremendous in the first half of the season and was pivotal to the way we played. Here’s hoping when he’s up to speed that Boyd-Munce can get to the same level.

15 minutes ago, SamSmith99 said:

Got to agree. Ethan was tremendous in the first half of the season and was pivotal to the way we played. Here’s hoping when he’s up to speed that Boyd-Munce can get to the same level.

The transformation of Ethan’s game this season was a joy to watch. Under Robbo he developed a confidence in his ability and despite his age showed great maturity in decision making. 

Had he stayed to the end of the season I have no doubt that we would have finished higher in the league. 

We won away at Aberdeen in February after he had left to take us above the Dons but we kinda fell away for the remainder of the season with a lot of inconsistency with results.

I really hope Ethan goes on to have a great career down south.
Sadly (even this season) despite how well he played there were idiots in our support verbally abusing him to which he reacted. 

ETA: agree about Boyd-Munce Looks a good signing for us.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

14 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I take it we are deciding that big Peter should go out on loan this season for 1st team/make or break experience then? If for Carson,  not so great.

:(

14 hours ago, SamSmith99 said:

He’s not - he was brought in because he fits the same profile as Ethan.

That was certainly the talk at the time but if so , why hasn’t he been playing ?

I haven’t seen enough of Boyd Munce to form an opinion but for us to take up the option on his contract , I’d hope the gaffer knows what he is doing 🤞

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

That was certainly the talk at the time but if so , why hasn’t he been playing ?

I haven’t seen enough of Boyd Munce to form an opinion but for us to take up the option on his contract , I’d hope the gaffer knows what he is doing 🤞

He wasn’t up to the level we wanted him at fitness wise and hadn’t played anywhere near enough football at Boro

16 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I take it we are deciding that big Peter should go out on loan this season for 1st team/make or break experience then? This can't be for No1 spot as Carson has been great.

I have seen some rumours flying about, re the GK situation , I read them but don't really believe them. However , one rumour last week had Carson leaving ( I know he signed a new contract recently) and a GK coming in on loan from the English championship (not Alnwick) 

I have seen some rumours flying about, re the GK situation , I read them but don't really believe them. However , one rumour last week had Carson leaving ( I know he signed a new contract recently) and a GK coming in on loan from the English championship (not Alnwick) 
Thing is Carson follows Robo about. Why would they fall out? If he is to go it is for money and we look for a starter. We have done well in GK so I'd not worry.
I feel it's likely rubbish. We are looking to loan out peter for more time to see if got it. Loan in a number 2

Update on Mcmenamin offer

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sport/glentorans-conor-mcmenamin-ponders-transfer-request-to-force-scottish-premiership-move/a45421957.html

Hope we get him so we can use the song.

Mcmenamin, do, do, do, do, do 

Mcmenamin do, do, do, do 

Mcmenamin do, do , do, do, do, do, do do do do do.

8 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Update on Mcmenamin offer

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sport/glentorans-conor-mcmenamin-ponders-transfer-request-to-force-scottish-premiership-move/a45421957.html

Hope we get him so we can use the song.

Mcmenamin, do, do, do, do, do 

Mcmenamin do, do, do, do 

Mcmenamin do, do , do, do, do, do, do do do do do.

Appreciate the update - all "ifs and buts " - but you would think if we are to bid any higher that would indicate someone would definitely be leaving for a fee ... Maybe Keanu 🤷🤷