Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elvis said:

I see we have signed the Ugandan Elvis till end of season .A full back.

Unusually quick off the mark with this one. . Was he in demand so it was a case of, "It's now or never"?

ETA. Hope we don't end up saying, "Return to sender"!

What? "Too much"?

Edited by stlucifer

Good-ish signing and could prove to be a find

I hope we also get a decent central defender to boss Taylor & Dunne and release Gogic back to the middle of the park.  All areas of the team will work better with AG back in midfield.  O'Hara in particular seems to be missing AG as back-up and if we can get A O'H back on form then the rest of the team should spark up nicely again.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Good-ish signing and could prove to be a find

I hope we also get a decent central defender to boss Taylor & Dunne and release Gogic back to the middle of the park.  All areas of the team will work better with AG back in midfield.  O'Hara in particular seems to be missing AG as back-up and if we can get A O'H back on form then the rest of the team should spark up nicely again.

Gogic plays at international level in defence. He has proven to be one of our best players since he joined us. 
His time at Hibs as a midfielder was not very successful.

I think he does a great job in defence but is also great cover in midfield when needed. 

We are likely to lose Baccus to the Asian cup (or perhaps a move during the January transfer window) that may well open up an opportunity for Robbo to move Gogic to midfield. 

Robbo has my support to do what is right by the team. 

I would certainly like to see Gogic contract extended. I believe he is out of contract at the end of the season. I’m not sure whether he would be keen to sign as he might still have a desire to move back home. 

On 12/9/2023 at 8:37 PM, StanleySaint said:

I guess we should be looking to replace Strain, even if he does stay until the end of the season we would be sensible to bring someone in Jan.

I really hope can hold on to him. Our form has dropped since his injury. 

On 12/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, pod said:

I really hope can hold on to him. Our form has dropped since his injury. 

Is that really true though pod?

Prior to his injury we had only won 1 of the previous 7 games and that was a game Strain didn’t play in (4-0 v St. Johnstone).

Neither Strain nor the team have really been very good since the home win v Hearts. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2