Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, mattman said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere but seems we’ve agreed a deal with Peterborough for Mark Ohara. He’s rejected terms with motherwell.

AC2D6866-BFB3-4707-94DF-8CE91AC317E1.png

Surprised we are willing to pay a transfer fee in these uncertain times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Gordon is just fed up with us struggling each year and has decided it's best to pay a bit more.
I think we have raised our sights but with smaller squads everywhere there will be a lot of decent players available for free. £50K is being quoted. Maybe that nice banker from Edinburgh is paying for it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

it looks like Motherwell have been trying to take advantage of the crisis and it’s back fired. Good news for us however. 

 

He made 142 appearances, some of those alongside midfielder Mark O'Hara, who has been tipped to join him at St Mirren after spending last term on loan at Fir Park from Peterborough.

"He'll be a welcome addition if he does come," Tait said. "He's a dedicated boy, a proper athlete, and he can play as well."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Gordon has rejected an offer from St Mirren (The Sun) 

No shit he was never ever going to come to us in the first place. Lyness is a perfectly capable keeper in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye you've said.

FFS. 🤡

I don't know what's worse. The Resurrection Man spamming the entire forum with low quality content like "my thoughts exactly" or you feeling the need to respond to everyone one of his posts like a 3 year old kid. We get it. He's a dick. We don't need you constantly telling us.

Any chance either of you could pack it in for the sake of the sanity of everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know what's worse. The Resurrection Man spamming the entire forum with low quality content like "my thoughts exactly" or you feeling the need to respond to everyone one of his posts like a 3 year old kid. We get it. He's a dick. We don't need you constantly telling us.

Any chance either of you could pack it in for the sake of the sanity of everyone else?

Ironic. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, elvis said:

No shit he was never ever going to come to us in the first place. Lyness is a perfectly capable keeper in my opinion. 

Nah, wouldn’t be comfortable going in to the season with Lyness as number one. He’s a decent enough backup, but that’s it. Had some ok performances when he stepped up, but he’s effectively played zero first team football in over a season, and his last run of games was playing 8 league games for Raith and the back end of the 2019 season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Rep said:

We still need another keeper.

I think two keepers are enough, you can get an emergency loan if really needed. It has been the plan for sometime now that Lyness will be getting the job with Peter in reserve. 

A921D277-696B-4B74-BA86-5DB67927E185.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think two keepers are enough, you can get an emergency loan if really needed. It has been the plan for sometime now that Lyness will be getting the job with Peter in reserve. 

A921D277-696B-4B74-BA86-5DB67927E185.jpeg

If that was the plan why did we offer Gordon a deal? Goodwin obviously isn’t comfortable with peter or lyness being number 1, issue is with the lower leagues starting later then we can’t send either of them out on loan if we bring in a number 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...