Next St Mirren Manager

Team selection at Parkhead last week; Kello should've been in goals & neither Reilly or Thommo shouldn't have started. Today was a little better, although Wylde came on too late.

Me for manager.

Ridgers made some fantastic saves at Parkhead. He was fine again today. Wylde done nothing when he came on.

Teale has done fine, but I'd rather him continue in a coaching capacity along with Longwell, under an experienced manager.

Team selection at Parkhead last week; Kello should've been in goals & neither Reilly or Thommo shouldn't have started. Today was a little better, although Wylde came on too late.

Me for manager.

Kello wtf? Ridgers was clearly our MOTM last week. Thommo started the week before. Why would you have played a weakened team?

Today your criticism of him is that he brought on Wylde - who hasn't kicked a ball for 6 weeks or so - too late? Would you have brought him on at half time? Bizarre.

Teale hasn't done anything wrong at all in my book. The one citricism I'd maybe level was that he was too attacking at Parkhead. Better that than too defensive though.

I hope and think he will get the Dundee and Killie games.

I hope we get points in both and I hope he gets the job.

I still think the BoD should make an appointment from out with the club, but Gary Teale didn't do himself any harm today. Decent shout for no2?

I would imagine that whoever gets the job, that he may well be told that he has to work with Teale as his number two. Due to the fact that T C is on garden leave and some time soon the directors will have to find the cash to pay him off.

I can't see there being much left in the pot for a new man to bring 2 or thee coaching staff in.

At least Gary Teale has implemented a few changes to our play in a very short time.

Whilst Tommy Craig was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't understand why we were losing when we were doing the exact same things in training that we were doing in the run up to the cup win... and this despite the fact he was appointed to take us in "a new direction"... he changed nothing... tried nothing new... and as much as he may have been respected as a coach... those coaching techniques were obviously very rigid.

Teale had us try something different at corners... leading to McLean's "goal"!

He was articulate post match, and seemed to get a response from the players.

Those advocating Locke... I really don't see a lot of difference between Locke and Teale in terms of potential... half a season's experience, that's all.

Would love us to appoint Butcher , but also keep Teale and Longwell on to assist , and get that Steve Marsella bloke to do the scouting and Goalkeeper coaching , thought the management team got a good performance from the team today , but thinking the experienced physically strong players Butcher has brought to ICT , along with some of youngsters coming through would be an excellent mix.

Me for manager.

Me for manager.

Thommo should not have played last week our best striker mmm !

Regarding Kello , my theory is that he will be moved on in January to make way for a wage space no matter who the manager is. Kello is one of our better paid players and will be replaced with a centre back. Ridgers is a very capable goal keeper who can hold his own.

Butcher is almost def a no chance. He takes malpas with him everywhere so we certainly ain't gona fork out fir a number 2 aswell do no chance

Butcher is almost def a no chance. He takes malpas with him everywhere so we certainly ain't gona fork out fir a number 2 aswell do no chance

You had a good time in that marquee tonight didn't you !

Which is where the problem would lie I reckon.

Malpas is an excellent coach and Butcher is more the motivator of the partnership, it's been proven that they don't work too well without each other.

Butcher would be decent, although I wouldn't really want us just to have a team full of lower English league journeymen. He would need to be forced to commit to bringing through our own youngsters and mixing that up with his own guys. However, as stated above, Butcher + Malpas isn't going to come cheap.

Calderwood + Teale looks a decent shout to me.

The more I think about this however, the clearer it is that Tommy Craig should not have received any pay off. In fact, he should be sued...or possibly shot for abandonment of duty. The clown has left us without a single striker for the upcoming games and no central defenders to drop McAusland for. It's just incredible. Added to the fact he seemingly just chucked it at training as a few of the players have hinted at. Then there is his complete lack of interest during the games.

Teale has managed to get more fight out of the team in two matches than we had all season. Things like not playing Kenny McLean in front of the defence when he is an attacking midfielder have been blindingly obvious.

Whoever comes in now is going to have a job on their hands, its not just a 6 point gap that needs to be made up but its going to need to be done with guys like Marwood, Ball, the Man City kids and Reilly while our rivals have Ojamaa and Sutton.

Thanks again Tommy.

Edited by Kemp

I,m more hopeful after the fighting display yesterday.We looked dangerous from corners which is a welcome change and we were set up well and the kids who have come in done well.Dundee next week is massive but 3 points are certainly achieveable if the team show the same spirit and the fans rally round them like yesterday.Its been a while since we,ve witnessed such unity and passion from the stands.I,m sure the players felt the support and more of the same next week will hopefully get us a result.

If you can be at Dens next week be there.Your club really needs you right now.

Thommo should not have played last week our best striker mmm !

Regarding Kello , my theory is that he will be moved on in January to make way for a wage space no matter who the manager is. Kello is one of our better paid players and will be replaced with a centre back. Ridgers is a very capable goal keeper who can hold his own.

Kello has not looked interested since christmas last year. Should have binned him and kept Dillo

Calderwood would want jimmy nicholl and sandy Clark brought with him. No chance

Beggars can't be choosers. Calderwood has long been whining about Scottish football being a closed shop so this presents his best opportunity about getting a foot back in the door.

My preference is Butcher and Malpas, but a combination of Calderwood, Teale (assistant) and Longwell as first team coach would not be a bad shout either.

Agreed, Butcher and Calderwood will just need to live within the budget and accept that for the moment they can't be bringing in 2 or 3 guys with them. Teale looks to be an able assistant.

If Butcher needs Malpas to come I'm sure he can wait until the summer when he will have more control over the budget.