Next St Mirren Manager

Agreed, Butcher and Calderwood will just need to live within the budget and accept that for the moment they can't be bringing in 2 or 3 guys with them. Teale looks to be an able assistant.

If Butcher needs Malpas to come I'm sure he can wait until the summer when he will have more control over the budget.

Why would butcher turn down Motherwell but come to St Mirren?

I reckon he was thinking the rangers job would be up for grabs which it might still be if reports of Ashley paying mccoist off come to fruition. I'd say there's more chance of calderwood if as the previous poster pointed out his fellow coaches being tied up means he'll work with teale

Edited by Big Yards

Butcher was allegedly unhappy about 'the interview process' at Well and withdrew his application - whatever that means.

he was obviously told that he would have to accept that his players will be kicking out at other players and then going down holding their face as if being punched and that alan muir would give him a wee hand up now and then - so dont be critical of referees ever, and he didnt fancy that

Well it seems Butcher has applied.

He may have thought that going back for a 2nd spell at Motherwell wouldn't work for whatever reason.

By all accounts Butcher wanted to bring Malpas with him to Fir Park and Motherwell wouldn't accept this.

It's well known that those two come as a package.

We really need to get a move on.

We really need to get a move on.

By the sounds of things Teale got the team playing yesterday granted we lost the game and our striker playing most of the game with 10 men just a bit unfortunate not to take something from the game. Given that could you explain to me what another manager could have brought to the table , genuine question

For me Teale should be given time , yes it's a gamble but so is bringing in a new manager.

If Teale can get the team playing would rather see the money spent on strengthening the team in the January window.

Teale had the team motivated and disciplined on Saturday with a game plan (and its not often we can say that), that should have gotten us 3 points even with 10 men. If he has a list of possible targets for Jan then I would not be unhappy with Gary getting the gig. Saturday was night and day from the pish we have watched over the last few months.

Edit to Add: And why on earth would we want Kenny McDowall? Absolutely no management experience and the coach of a team which cos £22M to run over the last 3 years when their competitors were spending £2M and TFKAR being slaughtered for their long ball tactics and unmotivated players?

Edited by Sonny

Teale had the team motivated and disciplined on Saturday with a game plan (and its not often we can say that), that should have gotten us 3 points even with 10 men. If he has a list of possible targets for Jan then I would not be unhappy with Gary getting the gig. Saturday was night and day from the pish we have watched over the last few months.

Edit to Add: And why on earth would we want Kenny McDowall? Absolutely no management experience and the coach of a team which cos £22M to run over the last 3 years when their competitors were spending £2M and TFKAR being slaughtered for their long ball tactics and unmotivated players?

But for the officials

Was Saturdays performance not maybe partly down to the fact the players rallied round after Thompson got sent off? Responding to feelings of injustice maybe. Not saying Teale hasn't made some positive changes, certainly better than Craig would have done in a similar situation, though I do wonder how the 90mins may have panned out with 11 players on the park. I wasn't at the game so can only speculate, but how were we playing before Thompson got sent off or was it too early in the game?