Newton Loan Ending

Newton hasn't been himself the last few games but I hardly think we can fault him for what he's added over the past 12 months. Over that piece he has been well worthy of his place and has spent the last few months stuck out at right-mid which I'd assume isn't his preference but also worth noting that this coincided with the up-turn in form as we re-jigged the formation and Teale got injured. I'd suggest that Newton has provided a decent attacking/defensive balance out there.

I'd love him to stay (assuming it's just a quick dip in form) but if he wants a Championship move then good luck to him!

Hope Newton's loan gets extended and he remains for the rest of the season. He has done ok this season and helped with the wee run we were on showing up well in adscense of Teale. He has been forced to play on the right of midfield and not getting the chance to develop his skills in the middle so maybe Newcastle might fancy a move to a better league like the championship and a chance for him to play in his natural position. A gamble as he might not get the game time he is getting with us.

Hope he stays though as Harkins away, Gowser having court case hanging over him plus Goodwin having his demons we need cover in the middle. And I don't even want to think of McGinn leaving in January.

I'm assuming it is a condition of his loan that he has to play when fit.

If so, with Teale coming back, I'd be happy to let him go back to Newcastle. Whilst I think he is a decent all round midfielder, I feel that McGinn and McLean bring much more to the table, and with Goodwin back in the midfield, I don't really see a starting place for him. I think by keeping him on loan till the end of the season we could be shooting ourselves in the foot in regards to the development of our own young players, such as McGinn and McLean.

Much needed considering our injury and suspension woes of late. A decent enough player, but if we had all our players fit I doubt he'd be in the first team.

He's looked lost playing wide right, with Teale potentially coming back in a few weeks, and McLean injured for a while hopefully he can kick on and recapture his form from the end of last season.

Much needed considering our injury and suspension woes of late. A decent enough player, but if we had all our players fit I doubt he'd be in the first team.

He's looked lost playing wide right, with Teale potentially coming back in a few weeks, and McLean injured for a while hopefully he can kick on and recapture his form from the end of last season.

As much as I love Teale as a player we then have the problem that he can't offer any defensive cover as Newton can on the right. Naismith likes to bomb forward and that could leave us very exposed on the right.

Good news. He has been off the pace at times recently, but then again, so has Gowser, or Grainger, or McAusland, or, or... no-one is perfect, certainly not young players in a team that is struggling at times. We are a better team with him in and around it, and would certainly miss him if he had left for another club.

Edited by pozbaird

Aye, aye....but what about Conor?

*aherm*

Good news. I think he has been a bit off-colour of late, but having his immediate future settled should be good news for all parties.

I think he has been off colour due to the uncertainly of his future

So it's good news and maybe he will get a chance at centre of midfield where he has looked good before

Delighted to see conor signed up til end if season. Think he will be an important player for us as Teale is a while away from actually being match fit and Mclean looks like being sidelined for a number of weeks.

We need all the talented players we can muster to get us through til the end if season and in my opinion Newton is a talented youngster.

All the best for the second half if the season conor.

Glad he's staying. His form has been patchy this season, but he's definitely a player who offers plenty of energy and drive to the team. Oh, and he's got a peach of a shot, I wish he'd use it more.

Hopefully his decision making improves, if he does that he could be a top midfielder one day.