Hartley Walks Out....

HSS

2 points off the play offs and 10 clear of the relegation play off spot despite losing 3 on the bounce and he walks !

You would like to think there has to be something in the pipeline ? Either that or his over inflated ego made him forget exactly which club he was managing. I would hazard a guess Alloa have never had it so good he must rate himself.

Unless he's got a nod about a managerial job in the pipeline and he wants to avoid any compensation hassle it comes over a bit prima-donnaish.

For a team like Alloa in that division it's always gonna be a struggle and even though Dumbarton could be classed as a team of similar stature you can't really cut it as a manager if you're going to chuck it at the first bad defeat/run (4 defeats in their last 5 games). Looking at their league position it's still looks par for the course to me this is the time to take it on the chin and prepare for the forthcoming games but obviously he felt differently.

Strange as he never seemed thin skinned as a player.....................................

Unless he's got a nod about a managerial job in the pipeline and he wants to avoid any compensation hassle it comes over a bit prima-donnaish.

For a team like Alloa in that division it's always gonna be a struggle and even though Dumbarton could be classed as a team of similar stature you can't really cut it as a manager if you're going to chuck it at the first bad defeat/run (4 defeats in their last 5 games). Looking at their league position it's still looks par for the course to me this is the time to take it on the chin and prepare for the forthcoming games but obviously he felt differently.

Strange as he never seemed thin skinned as a player.....................................

He'll be wanting to keep his CV clear of any significant run of losses/bad form, but I'm not sure that effectively walking away from your club during a bad spell that couldn't be unanticipated will enhance his CV a great deal in any event.

Edited by Drew

wee shit has walked so that his next emloyer doesn't have to pay Alloa for his contract. Apparently that is the only reason he didn't get the ICT job.

He may have done a lot for Alloa, but they did a lot for him. He will treat his next club with the same disdain

If Alloa prevented him from leaving then they deserve everything they get.

Can you imagine YOUR employer denying you the chance of a better job?

wee shit has walked so that his next emloyer doesn't have to pay Alloa for his contract. Apparently that is the only reason he didn't get the ICT job.

He may have done a lot for Alloa, but they did a lot for him. He will treat his next club with the same disdain

Hmm, I also heard that he was the No1 candidate for the job, until he advised ICT that he would not relocate his family home ?? A lot of stuff around Hartley and the ICT gig seems a bit odd tbh.

Dunno for sure on the travelling front , I mean the Aberdeen manager lives in Houston , Renfrewshire, albeit he does not commute on a daily basis. I cannot see a club insisting on a home reloation forming the basis for whether or not a contract offer was to be made. I suspect some last minute dirt was uncovered on the wee shit.

I always said it wouldn't matter to me who the St Mirren manager was , if we were successful and progressing, I'd tolerate and support anyone. I think Hartley however should that event ever befall us, would force me into reconsidering that particular stance. He really is an orrible wee shite.