Lennon Out

I think the board will see Danny out to the end of the season and then replace him afterwards. Arguable if this is the right choice, but will changing a manager now fix things or just cause more disruption and distraction to the team?

A change of manager is well worth the gamble, let's be honest the team couldn't play any worse. This team looks beat before a ball is even kicked, get somebody in who can install a bit of fight into this team.

A change of manager is well worth the gamble, let's be honest the team couldn't play any worse. This team looks beat before a ball is even kicked, get somebody in who can install a bit of fight into this team.

Oh I think this lot have got "worse" in them.

I have to agree with Drew, I'm not saying that ST wouldn't want the position at some point in his career, but not when you are needed up front, playing for the jersey and then also coaching, managing and adjusting team tactics.bangin.gif

What has troubled me for some weeks has been the lack of focus on exactly what our team tactics are. One week it's the cross field own half passing regime and build from the back, the next it's the long ball, the next it's press in mid-field. Now I accept that different opposition teams need different approaches, but a team that is struggling and being asked to change line-up and approach week on week can't get into any kind of a stride.

I've said for more than a year that we lack a commanding centre half. Saturday was another glaring example, or at least that is how it appeared to me. Goodwin got bossed off the ball and a number of cross balls into the box were very poorly dealt with. I'm sadly coming to the point where I think he with the name that you say twice is a luxury we can't afford, as the reason he is here is to protect the back two................ well you need a central back two to defend in the event he is injured / substituted / dropped.

The BoD's have a direct responsibility, but their decision to hold onto both DL & TC through such a dismal run will reflect extremely badly on them come May if their approach is to then hold on to both to the end of their contracts.

I've never seen us play the long ball game - it involves getting the ball up the park quickly to a target man and then getting supporting players up quickly for balls that he has won or that are loose. What I have seen, frequently, is us passing our way into trouble and having to punt the ball up the park aimlessly - there is a difference.

Other than that I agree with your analysis.

On the subject of T&T as a management team I wouldn't want to heap any more pressure on Thompson at this stage but Gary Teale seems to be entering that stage of his career when he spends more time injured than fit.

On the subject of T&T as a management team I wouldn't want to heap any more pressure on Thompson at this stage but Gary Teale seems to be entering that stage of his career when he spends more time injured than fit.

I think now we should be looking at this as a option. It doesn't take a tactical genius to work out what is wrong. The players will know best what system suits them, it's clearly not the current one.

Let T&T take over just until the end of the season. Gary seems to be finished now, he can do the sideline stuff whilst letting Thompson do his thing in front of goal.

At least you'd have players playing in the correct positions, back to basics and a much happier dressing room.

If we finish in the play-offs so what, we are heading that way anyway.

I think now we should be looking at this as a option. It doesn't take a tactical genius to work out what is wrong. The players will know best what system suits them, it's clearly not the current one.

Let T&T take over just until the end of the season. Gary seems to be finished now, he can do the sideline stuff whilst letting Thompson do his thing in front of goal.

At least you'd have players playing in the correct positions, back to basics and a much happier dressing room.

If we finish in the play-offs so what, we are heading that way anyway.

You REALLY think giving control to two current players, who may or may not want this role, and we will magically turn into some happy camp and start to roll teams over?

lol.gif

There is much more to managing a football team with individuals requiring to be "managed" rather than just sticking 11 names on a team sheet. bye1.gif

You REALLY think giving control to two current players, who may or may not want this role, and we will magically turn into some happy camp and start to roll teams over?[/size]

lol.gif

There is much more to managing a football team with individuals requiring to be "managed" rather than just sticking 11 names on a team sheet. bye1.gif [/size]

In isolation Faraway I'd probably agree with you but the parallels between where we are today and where we were in 87/88 are eerie. Now what did we do to get out of the brown and sticky stuff then??

One thing is undeniable, things just now aren't good and something has to change.

Faraway saint you just seem to disagree with everyone. What would your magic formula be for turning things round. Danny is struggling big time and in my eyes we appear to be in deep s...

I'm putting my point of view.

I'm not disagreeing with "everyone", just stating that the previous post suggestion was, in my view, crazy.

My magic formula? lol.gif

I'm only a dafty supporter, what would I know. whistling.gif

I've already said, here we go again, I think we're in trouble.

Would me joining in with the zillion suggestions, which get mixed around and come to no real conclusion, really help?

As around half the posts in this thread must be yours.....are you trying to say that it's taken you 24 pages to say nothing??!!whistling.gif

Long way from half lol.gif but I'm only tryinjg to look at the bigger picture and not join in with the nonsense.

I do enjoy some of the posts right enough. whistling.gif

PS This post has taken me to just over half, ya b'strd. tongue.png