Jim Goodwin Liability

other players seem to get away with it (hamell and lasley ) jump to mind straight away ,,the difference is these guys go in hard and can take it ,,Goodwin tries to be fly all the time and gets caught every time ,,so it look like cowardice doesn't always pay

Having now seen it....

Other people do seem to get away with stuff.

I like the hard physical side of fitba. I've never really minded it being a contact sport. I couldn't play nowadays, though. I'd be off more often than JG.

What worries me about it is his stupidity. There was no way with cameras being so prevalent that such an OBVIOUS DIG would not be spotted.

He has been playing in the modern game for long enough. Has the man learnt nothing? ohmy.png

And yet.... And yet.... I do feel he IS being persecuted. He should have been thinking that and reacting appropriately a long time ago.

In all honesty I love it when our players elbow opponents in the face, give a sly rake of the studs down someone's calf or blatantly boot them six feet up in the air. It shows fight and passion which has been devastatingly lacking at our beloved club for some time now. I just don't like it when they get caught doing it. I dream of the day we have another Aber in the squad.

A one off incident, ha ha ha. Why did he call his book Abers gonnie get you?

2 of the 3 were absolutely not related to the physical side of his game that his book title refers to, he was sent off for foul play and the other two were for continuously refusing to leave the pitch and arguing with the ref

The man was in a real state at the time

Hmm, plenty mileage on this , well fwiw I think Jim Goodwin's elbows are now starting to feature more and more in his game as he struggles to command his place in matches now.

I remember watching him have a nightmare start to the Hearts LC final , allbeit maybe carrying a knock, but he did grow into he game and organised and held towards the end, that was fabulous.

Unfortunately time rattles on , young fast dynamic players get unleashed with pace and Goodwin struggles....he's getting caught out all over the place now. I think his elbows are now as much part of his frustration at his own limits, as trying to slow down , dunt , intimidate opponents.

Three more games in the stand now , ffs , I think Jim Goodwin himself is first to know that does the clu no good at all.

A nicer guy you couldn't meet off the park ,but on the field for Jim it's all going a bit Pete Tong now, especially the last year and a half.tbh.............

Maybe a sweeper role , who knows, but as a final general point our central defence is as bad as I've seen in a long time

Edited by Seaside Nipper

3 game ban coming up. This is a terrible season it seems to be one thing after another. Maybe it's our time for the drop and Mrs Fate is playing her part to help us along sad.png

mellow.png

Fate could add an assist if needed.

Presently we are doing a good enough job of stalling all on our own.

Just imagine when we start to get some bad luck

2 of the 3 were absolutely not related to the physical side of his game that his book title refers to, he was sent off for foul play and the other two were for continuously refusing to leave the pitch and arguing with the ref

The man was in a real state at the time

Steve Kirk stuck the nut on him and he was the one who got sent off

As you say the other 2 red cards came about of his first and he couldn't believe he was issued with

Basically Louis Thow made a right cnut of it in the first place

In view of the fact that Jim has proven (time and time again) he is not capable of changing his ways by his own efforts, how about the club offering him counselling in anger management?

That is what most responsible employers would do in this situation.

On the other hand, some employers would probably have got rid of Jim long ago!

St Mirren quoted today as being 'disappointed' with Goodwin.

Okay , that's fair comment albeit a milder version of what fans might say.

So , as they feel the need to comment on a 'disappointing' performance of a club employee, then why the silence on the appalling job Tommy is doing ?

Surely we should know how they 'feel' about his underachieving ? Also what action may be taken ?

Fair enough thats your view,

I think you are being absolutly delusional, Goodwin gets barged in the back, agreed, but it hardly made him break stride, Goodwin then fires an elbow (totally unnaturally) at the face of the DU player

You have your view and I have mine, Im sick of Goodwin pulling stunts like this, hes nearly 33years old for f**ks sake. You think hes hard done by.....

The wiser action that Jim should have taken was to allow himself to be barged to the ground and it would have probably resulted in the United player receiving a booking and his manager would have bemoaned this as an unnecessary booking given that the ball was going out of play.

For a player that should have an "auld heid" he doesn't use it very often.

Edited by E=Mc2

The wiser action that Jim should have taken was to allow himself to be barged to the ground and it would have probably resulted in the United player receiving a booking and his manager would have bemoaned this as an unnecessary booking given that the ball was going out of play.

For a player that should have an "auld heid" he doesn't use it very often.

Perhaps too auld.

Dementia causing him to forget he's done the same thing sooooo many times.

I am on record as stating I think use of 'TV evidence' is wrong. Realistically though, I accept the reality of what we have.

In Jim's position of a senior player, and near management, I expect him to set an example on the field to the rest of the team. In this latest incident he has shown himself unable or unwilling to do that. Sadly, I think he should have been shown the door, and fired.