St Mirren V Ross County Spfl Premiership 25/10/14

shull

Not really getting the clamour for Caldwell to start, wasn't hugely impressive when coming on last Saturday.

However, using that logic we would only be playing two players on Saturday....

He was playing quite far out on the left though, not sure that's his natural position. Play him just off Ball and I'm sure he'd put in a better performance.

That's a decent looking line up but sadly TC won't go with that, I fully expect Reilly to start, it will no doubt be the same team that started against Inverness.

You're probably right. I will be very disappointed if Reilly starts the game. In that case Tommy should start the game with 10men as "it's harder to break down 10 men"

FFS, young Thomas seems to be really getting on some folks tits,, is this a personal thing?

ICT game apart where everyone played shit, I think he's done really well since his start against Celtic..

So Reilly needs dropping yet Marwood and Drury who have been f**king dreadful should keep there

place... FFS guys take the blinkers off and give the lad a break.

Yet again,will not be attending as sadly have given up watching second rate players wear our famous jersey. We may well scrape a win tomorrow but thats not(despite what others on here seem to be willing to accept)what paying £20 is about.I expect the crowd figure to reflect my sentiments as fans vote with their feet.Football used to be about entertainment, theres not ONE Saints player I put in the category at present,unfortunately.Having said that, still hope we win tomorrow.

Fans support their team through thick and thin. If you find it unacceptable to support your team in the top tier because they are not playing as well as YOU think they are, feel fortunate you did not witness us when we struggled in the early 70s. If you did see us back then, you should not be surprised with our lack of consistency, it has always been the Saints way.

A supporter does not pick when to support their team. They are there to support the team come what may. Remember, we are neither fair weather or old firm fans.

FFS, young Thomas seems to be really getting on some folks tits,, is this a personal thing?

ICT game apart where everyone played shit, I think he's done really well since his start against Celtic..

So Reilly needs dropping yet Marwood and Drury who have been f**king dreadful should keep there

place... FFS guys take the blinkers off and give the lad a break.

It's a matter of opinion, I think he's utter pish, you don't.

I think if you look back at my previous post shows I don't rate Drury ( as he wasn't in my starting 11) Marwood was only there as there's no one else. Might be an idea to take your own advice with regards to the blinkers.

Right - negative thoughts and pessamissim aside - I'm just up - grabbing a cuppa - and about to set off on my journey north to see my family - grab some lunch - and head down to the Sp(hell) game of the day

I'm bringing mini liverpoolbud jnr and my dad and coming to the game

From what I've seen on the tv and highlights this season and from the negativity from some if you guys who post on here I'm not expecting much

But I've got that positive I'm going to the game feeling in my stomach and as an optimist I'm hoping to see a win - some good football - and 11 st mirren players giving 100%

I'm going Saints to win 2-1

It will be a low crowd - 3345 ( + 3)

I don't care who scores

Not too many planes

Hopefully not to much rain

One pie and bovril at half time!

See you there!

Thanks to another Motherwell defeat, we will end the first round of fixtures out the bottom two - barring a six goal loss today. Minimum expectations met then, good news.

I do hope Marwood and Reilly are dropped in place of Caldwell and Tesselaar. Both James and Thomas have had enough chances, neither has done anything with them.

Ross County's defence was all over the place last week against Celtic. They lost 5 and it quite literally could have been 10. If they play like that again we should win.

I will predict a 2-0 home win.

Don't see this as must win at all.

How can it be must win if we finish the day outside the bottom 2 regardless? It would be must win if we were cut adrift at the bottom of the league. We aren't though.

10 of our 12 games this season have had 1 goal or less between the sides after 90 minutes. The only two games that didn't were our losses to Accies and Dundee Utd. Those sides are first and second in the league, unsurprisingly.

This is such a tight division this year and the margins are so slim. Hopefully the fans get right behind the side today and give us that extra 1 percent, it could be so crucial.

How can it be must win if we finish the day outside the bottom 2 regardless? It would be must win if we were cut adrift at the bottom of the league. We aren't though.

10 of our 12 games this season have had 1 goal or less between the sides after 90 minutes. The only two games that didn't were our losses to Accies and Dundee Utd. Those sides are first and second in the league, unsurprisingly.

This is such a tight division this year and the margins are so slim. Hopefully the fans get right behind the side today and give us that extra 1 percent, it could be so crucial.

Okay Tommy :P

Indeed though , a couple of wins an odd draw and we're in business, starting today !

Edited by whydowebother

Lets face it if we can't beat Ross County at home a team who have been p*sh all season then we are in bother ! The standard of the league this season is poor hence how a well drilled and organised side like Hamilton are doing so well. We need to get back to basics and a start would be by getting some organisation on the park and playing players in their best positions.

Here's hoping for today unsure.png

Edited by Dare

Yet, just about every game last season you called it as a must win.

Apart from the Thistle and septic games which I was able to watch live, I've seen nothing but the five minutes or so of highlights ( lowlights? ) packages on youtube, so without any good reason outwith my own hopes and lifelong support of our mutual obsession, I'm going to predict a nervy 2-1.

I'll be waking up with a mixture of hope and trepidation as I fire up the trusty laptop tomorrow morning, with my cup of tea placed strategically out of reach just in case...

COYS!

This certainly is a must win or Tommy should be shown the door, 6 straight defeats at home is unthinkable.

If a defeat could guarantee that Tommy leaves our club , then I'd be happy to sacrifice these particular 3 points.

Of course I don't want us to lose any game in real terms , but if this was the game that could force change of management then so be it.

This is not must win for the season, but let's hope it is for Tommy.