Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

I do not like to have a personal go at players. My point is simply that we have not kept a clean sheet this season so obviously the defence isn't doing what it is supposed to. Time for a change and a kick up the backside and a chance for Teale to let everyone know he is the boss. What we have ain't working so time for a change at the back.

mid calder saint is quite right, for a balanced centre half pairing you need a right sided and a left sided centre half, Cheesy is the only right sided centre half we have (except Naismith). The only way we could drop Cheesy is to move Drury to right back and move Naismith inside paired with any of the left sided players - Goodwin, Tess, Plummer,Baird etc.

7 defensive players at home to a side as poor as us - surely not ? Lets see the new management having a go to try to get the home win monkey off the back. Baird and Tess with Kelly and Naismith in their natural positions please. Would. Be nice to get Wylde back to play up top with Thommo a bit of pace to run onto his flick on's leaving McLean, McGinn, Osborne and either Mallan or Goidwin in midfield. Play guys in their natural positions and take the game to Well.

Normally I would agree. However, Thompson is just getting back to fitness at the minute and Ball + Marwood + Caldwell have about 2 league goals between them. Kenny McLean may be our best hope of a goal if he makes up for his misses at Parkhead. I don't see us scoring more than 2 goals tops and wouldn't be surprised if we just score 1... unless it is one of those pre-Christmas games between relegation threatened teams where there are lots of defensive blunders and commentators joking about Christmas come early.

At the minute I think all the teams love to play against us because we are easy to play against and easy to score against and easy to beat. I'd be in favour of a few games where we are well stocked with defenders and holding midfielders and where we focus on trying to register some clean sheets. If we do get some clean sheets the worst we can do is a draw... something we have only achieved twice in the last 10 league games, where we have now lost 5 in a row again.

Heard on radio tonight this fixture described as 'must not lose.'

What a load of rubbish, if we have any chance of staying up it's only a must win.

I don't think so, main thing is to stop Motherwell getting the 3 points.

Of course if we go in looking for a draw we will get pumped, but as a result it wouldn't be a disaster.

Motherwell are no better than us,its a home game ...3pts in the bag

3-1

Ross County were no better than us, it was a home game...3 points.... No wait....

There is no advantage to being at home for us just now. We just need to try and win a game. Any game, anywhere.

Obviously very hard to call the game tomorrow. Well have a new manager, we have a caretaker taking charge of his first home game. Anything could happen really.

Can never really read too much into a performance at Parkhead, but Teale did go for it last week. It was a bit too open at times, but it was something a bit different from what we'd normally do there.

I'm assuming we'll probably go for it tomorrow too, so both teams to score would be a likely outcome IMO. It's a big game for us and our caretaker manager. If we lose his chance of getting the gig full time is basically gone. If we win he'll be in the box seat.

Expecting another close game, as every match between us and the teams in the bottom 6 has been this season. Another 3-2 home win would do just fine, but I'll go for a score draw... Say 2-2.