Kenny Mclean

Not having that at all. Were you at either game?

We scored two perfectly good and legal goals against Motherwell, they scored one. The final score was 1-0 Motherwell. Oh and we also had an extremely dodgy early red card. What decisions went in our favour in that game?

The Kilmarnock game we had another incorrect red card and two phantom penalties given against us. Granted we were given one phantom meaningless penalty ourselves, but that's still one penalty less than they got. And we actually had a decent penalty claim (the only valid one in the match) not given. Is Killie scoring phantom penalties them 'capitalising on their chances'? Fs lol.gif:

If the refs had just made the correct decisions just regarding penalties and goals in those two games we'd have four points, instead we got zero. That's before we even factor in the negative effects of our two dodgy cards!

In games as close as both of them were it's extremely difficult for any team to overcome so many big decisions incorrectly going against them. It's absolutely the referees fault.

Agree with this.

I try not to buy in to any officiating conspiracy theories, instead attempting (difficult though it is, granted) to simply look at the performance of the officials on a more objective level. On that basis, Collum had an absolutely shocking afternoon on Ne'er Day and cost us dearly. Pretty much any neutral commentator has said as much. He is an arsehole of a man who seems to want to be in the spotlight yet lacks even the most basic level of self-awareness to realise that, on account of his gross ineptitude, he would do well to keep as low a profile as possible.

Edited by Drew

From today's Scotsman

Aspirational Fleetwood Town, just outside the League One play-off places and managed by Teale’s former international team-mate Graham Alexander, made an almost derisory offer of £150,000 for McLean last weekend, which was swiftly rebuffed.

Teale feels it was typical of the attitude of clubs south of the Border, who feel they can plunder the best Scottish talent at knockdown prices.

Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara holds the same view after Sheffield United offered £150,000 for Gary Mackay-Steven, even if the forward’s contract is up this summer.

Teale said: “I think English clubs chance their arm a bit as they don’t hold Scottish football in high regard. Lewis Macleod went for around £850,000 to £1m to Brentford so I don’t see how anyone thinks they can get Kenny for £150,000.

“For me Kenny has shown it a lot more consistently than Lewis Macleod and for a longer period, plus he’s played a lot more top-flight games.

“Whether we would get £850,000 for Kenny, I would very much doubt. It’s hard to put a value on him but it’s certainly a lot higher than £150,000. The Macleod deal might be with add-ons but I would rate Kenny at about the same.

“Look at what Dundee United have done by sticking to their guns with transfers. It’s a hard one as the club has to look after itself financially and, if they were to get a reasonable amount of money, it would set them up for the next wee while.

“So it’s about deciding when the right time is to sell. I’ve not heard about a second bid. Fleetwood are an excellent club going in the right direction but, for me, Kenny could go into a Championship club no problem.

“As a manager you want to keep your best players and Kenny is certainly one of our best so I don’t want to see him go. But, in terms of him making a career for himself, I’d love him to move on to bigger things, so you have mixed feelings.

“It would hinder my chances of getting the job full-time and the club’s chances of staying in the league if you are selling your best players. But he’s been here a long time and, if somebody comes in with a reasonable offer, then he’ll move on.

“Then you would hope that, if he moves on for a good price, you will be able to replace him.”

At least Teale will have McLean’s services for the visit of impressive league leaders Aberdeen tomorrow after the SFA’s Fast Track Tribunal yesterday overturned the red card issued by Willie Collum in the New Year’s Day defeat by Kilmarnock.

That was timely given that striker Stevie Thompson is now sidelined for another three weeks following hernia surgery yesterday, having only managed eight games this season after groin surgery in September.

Teale said: “At the time I was very vocal about the referee. I think that was justified. I’ve nothing against him but I felt we had to appeal. I’m just delighted that we’ll have Kenny available as we’re going to be without Marc McAusland through suspension and Steven Thompson.

“It’s very disappointing for the team because Stevie is such a big player but he has been carrying the injury for a while now and we need to get to the bottom of it and get it sorted.”

Teale, with one win and four defeats since replacing Tommy Craig, is desperate to chalk up a first home victory of the season to enhance his chances of becoming manager on a full-time basis.

He said: “Somebody said to me that Aberdeen have the best defensive record in European football right now. We are under no illusion – it’s going to be a difficult game. Their front four are excellent and Derek McInnes has been an excellent manager for them.

“We will go in with belief. Our home form has been terrible but how nice would it be to get the first three points of the season against the form team in the league.”

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny,s attitude in recent games and his effort and commitment this season , have for me shown that he is a much improved player from last season , and it won,t surprise me if we get a few decent bids in , come the end of the season.

Not entirely fair, in my opinion. McLean had a huge bearing on Saints avoiding the play-off spot last term. His post-split performances in particular were excellent.

Not entirely fair, in my opinion. McLean had a huge bearing on Saints avoiding the play-off spot last term. His post-split performances in particular were excellent.

What was the game where he hit the post from about 35 yards? He was miles ahead of everyone else that day.

Amazed if Accies have knocked back £2M - who knows how much was upfront and how much was conditional.

ETA - You'd have to assume Accies league position has a lot to do with the valuation.

As for comparing the guy to a Saints player it would more appropriate to go with Steve "MelonMan" Mallan.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Aye it says Accies knocked it back

Some PR machine the Accies have

Their fans say the boy isn't that good and another player Ziggy Gordon is far better

Accies accepted the £2m offer.............

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30920759

Why are they getting an offer like that for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season?Could they not save money with a pre contract thingy?

Accies accepted the £2m offer.............

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30920759

Why are they getting an offer like that for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season?Could they not save money with a pre contract thingy?

there's a queue a mile long for him !

Edited by billyg

Kenny Mclean has almost singlehandedly dragged St Mirren out of the mire in the last month. We now have a fighting chance of staying up which looked inconceivable under TC when Mclean and everyone was having a mare.

Kenny is turning in performances that will finally bring the so called bigger clubs calling. He has always done well then picked up an injury which has kept him out for weeks at a time and then struggled to come back and find the same form straight away. If Kenny keeps these performances up then he surely could move in the summer for a tidy sum. That's what I hope anyway. :-)

I wonder how good a player would be if he was playing in the current United or Aberdeen team alongside better players. I am sure his transfer fee would be a minimum of £1 million.

Thought his goal tonight was excellent, but a little concerned about GT's interview on BT Sports. He said he couldn't understand why we still had Kenny, although he wasn't complaining. I think we need to try and hold onto him until the summer and allow the younger lads a little more time. If we play like we did tonight and can keep Kenny until the summer I think we'll stay up and then Kenny can get the move he deserves.

Sorry I cannot accept our interim Manager saying McLean should be gone on to bigger things by now on Sky or in press.... ok we all know the lad will move on etc, but as Saints manager you down play it at this stage especially when we are in a dog fight !...can you imagine Fergie coming away with that naive crap?

Bottom line shows G T is still very much in learn mode ....as a real Manager ....but seems to be getting more as a coach than the tit! Mind you so good most of us ! Worst Manager ever?