Smfc Chief Executive

Times are tough, we can all see that.

We have a professional club manager in Brian Caldwell. Been there quite a few years now and recently promoted from General Manager to Chief Executive, big title.

He barely gets a mention on here, why?

Is he doing a job, could he do better?

Came from a small town team in Ayr United but paid by the board to run the club and make key decisions. Was it him that out of the blue offered Tommy Craig a two year contract? If not, who was it?

Drives a big expensive sponsored car, seen drinking coffee in the tunnel on crucial match days (nothing better to do?) and generally gets an easy ride in these difficult times.

Come on Brian, whats the story? It's always the board that gets the stick.

What are your plans to improve our current situation?

Brian is there from the crack of dawn until after 6 on a match day,that cup of coffee is probably his first break,he does a great job

I am no fan of the board but without Brian it would all fall apart, he has to control every penny that is spent on a daily basis .

It might help if Brian and Div could update the 'Updates from Brian Caldwell Thread'. It would be good to know the timeline to which the club is filling the managerial vacancy.

I'm sure that he does not appoint the team manager, and responsibility for that error of judgment lies elsewhere.

Times are tough, we can all see that.

We have a professional club manager in Brian Caldwell. Been there quite a few years now and recently promoted from General Manager to Chief Executive, big title.

He barely gets a mention on here, why?

Is he doing a job, could he do better?

Came from a small town team in Ayr United but paid by the board to run the club and make key decisions. Was it him that out of the blue offered Tommy Craig a two year contract? If not, who was it?

Drives a big expensive sponsored car, seen drinking coffee in the tunnel on crucial match days (nothing better to do?) and generally gets an easy ride in these difficult times.

Come on Brian, whats the story? It's always the board that gets the stick.

It's not rocket science and I'm not being sarcastic towards you.

Brian will follow orders made a boardroom level. He will also negotiate with potential signing targets though importantly will not make the final decision to sign players.

There will be other roles also.

Don't care if he came from Viewfield Rovers as far as I can see the guy does a good job. Spoke to him when I went to an under 20's game. Helpful and polite guy.

We seem to be attacking everyman and his dog at the moment sad.png

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

While my direct experience of Brian (limited though it is) has been of the mixed bag variety, I don't envy the guy having to constantly steer The Good Ship SMFC away from the rocks. The club have a long tradition of employing too few people and expecting them to do way too much. Granted, it has ensured that it remains solvent, but it is yet another indication of the evangelical parsimony on the part of the BoD that has gone some way to stifling the development of the club.

Edited by Drew

While we're at it.

Alan the kit man, what do you do all day?

I'm sure I could see some crease lines on the shirts on Sunday.

I blame the Groundsperson Docherty(¿) Buddie!

He, one assumes, has the ground sitting immaculately and playable, he has a shovel...

and yet Murray Street is still metres deep in dog- and human-shit.

Get it fixed, McPhers... Docherty!

I blame the Groundsperson Docherty(¿) Buddie!

He, one assumes, has the ground sitting immaculately and playable, he has a shovel...

and yet Murray Street is still metres deep in dog- and human-shit.

Get it fixed, McPhers... Docherty!

And while he's at it, tell him to paint over the yellow lines in the surrounding streets and tarmac over the big grass area outside the ground so we can park our cars there. And make sure there's a private parking space marked out for Dicko. (It'll need to be big enough for his fat arse to get out of the car!)

And while he's at it, tell him to paint over the yellow lines in the surrounding streets and tarmac over the big grass area outside the ground so we can park our cars there. And make sure there's a private parking space marked out for Dicko. (It'll need to be big enough for his fat arse to get out of the car!)

Now yer talking