Tess Calls Paisley A Shithole

dakota7

I don't read any papers these days, full of their own agendas and itching to be controversial in order to get sales but did click the link to read this.

Seems I may be in the minority but I actually like staying in Paisley! Yes, we know the issues but the positives for me outweigh a dilapidated town centre. Happy to discuss with Tess if he wants.

Been all over this country and quite a few places beyond and must have missed the utopias people think exist outside our border!

If it is so bad, I wonder why he's stuck around for so long... perhaps these poor fans spending all their money on his wages!

I don't read any papers these days, full of their own agendas and itching to be controversial in order to get sales but did click the link to read this.

Seems I may be in the minority but I actually like staying in Paisley! Yes, we know the issues but the positives for me outweigh a dilapidated town centre. Happy to discuss with Tess if he wants.

Been all over this country and quite a few places beyond and must have missed the utopias people think exist outside our border!

If it is so bad, I wonder why he's stuck around for so long... perhaps these poor fans spending all their money on his wages!

I think you might have missed the point................it's a non story, unlikely to have much truth in respect to the headline.

I would be surprised if the Daily Shitfest has reported anything close to to what Tess has said.

You're choosing to highlight the worst aspects yet ignoring the many better things Edinburgh has to offer.

I doubt Paisley gets a fraction of the tourism Edinburgh does. Why is that?

Who knows , but Edinburgh is a shithole , I can't stand anyone or anything to do with it ! The tourism thing is actually an odd situation , until the 70s Edinburgh didn't even require a major airport , all it had was a runway and a wooden terminal that could cater for 4 planes. The tourists , at that time, all arrived in Paisley/Renfrew or Prestwick. Then the Easties thought it was a good idea to overstate the importance of the Castle on the Rock and the gullible millions bought it !

I love Paisley and I take pride in being a Buddie. I now live in probably the most picturesque and rugged area of the UK and my family have grown up in the safest place imaginable but I still love where I grew up. The fact my kids have now grown up means I can spend a bit more time coming down and its not only because of our famous football team.

Just wandering up the west end to where my gran lived makes me happy. A cup of coffee and a bacon roll in Cardosis cafe sets me on my way past the magnificent Coats memorial church. I'm easily pleased. Flying down there tomorrow as it happens and going for a drink in Harvies, cannae wait.nologo.gif

Good on you, Dani. Well said. My son uses Harvies quite a bit and when I'm home he usually drags me in screaming. Have a good time.

I was born yards from the current ground (should we re-name it New Westmarch or simply Westmarch, as one other member said recently?) and like many forum members, have chosen not to live in Paisley for most of my life now. When I come into the town these days I am appalled at how run down it is these days. Part of the reason for that is down to a degree of mismanagement / certain lack of foresight by the town council but the main factors are still the recent recession and the rise of the Braeheads and Silverburns (why does Paisley still charge for parking?). We still suffer from being so close to Glasgow and always will both economically and footbally (new word - mine). :-) Many of my friends and relations live in Paisley. I visit often and I spend money in the town. If people would just open their eyes, they will see that culturally, historically and architecturally Paisley still has a lot going for it (maybe not for Tess who wants a lot of ponsie clothes shops). Its my home town and like my home town team, I believe we have the potential and will see better days again.

(btw As for the language being foul mouthed, that is also correct - often confirmed in this forum. High time the support shouted encouragement rather than expletives)

If the Dutch Dick actually took his camera and explored Paisley he would realize that he is talking out of his shthole. But some guy called Stuart Gilmour came back to say he hadn't read it, Who he ??????????

Have you actually read the article or the rebuff???

BTW. A poll actually heralded 70% of Buds called Paisley a shithoose! But it's our shithoose!

Is there anything our precious wee fans won't get ludicrously upset about? lol.gif

Paisley is a shithole. Pure and simple.

Streets covered in dog shit and litter, houses and gardens in some areas indescribable.

What would YOU call it?

Easterhouse, Drumchapel, Castlemilk, Nitshill, Pollok, Blackhill, Anywhere east of Maryhill, Paris, London. Paris is especially dogshit ridden.

“I’m also disappointed that I have to deal with this issue when we are preparing for yet another big game this weekend. The fans should be in no doubt that I have a lot of affection for them and our club and my efforts are always to do the best for them and the club, on and off the park.”

I also stayed in Paisley for years and was brought up there. When I go back there it saddens me to see how far from grace it has fallen. No I'm not on drugs but if I needed some then Paisley would be the place to find a dealer or two. Seriously would you consider moving back to Paisley?

Having lived in the south side of Glasgow for 6 excruciating years, I can tell you that it has a far bigger drug issue than anywhere in Paisley.

Why on earth did a Dutch journalist travel all the way to Scotland to talk to a player who is unknown in holland to discuss not even football but photography?!

Sounds like he's been stitched up to me!

Reporter apparently spoke Dutch....... KINDA

Edited by stlucifer

Who knows , but Edinburgh is a shithole , I can't stand anyone or anything to do with it ! The tourism thing is actually an odd situation , until the 70s Edinburgh didn't even require a major airport , all it had was a runway and a wooden terminal that could cater for 4 planes. The tourists , at that time, all arrived in Paisley/Renfrew or Prestwick. Then the Easties thought it was a good idea to overstate the importance of the Castle on the Rock and the gullible millions bought it !

TBH you've not got anything positive to say about anything or anyone so your opinion doesn't count. bye1.gif