Should We Sack Gary Teal

Why in hells name would any one want Stark as manager hes bloody done nothing in football managment.

I don't think any of the fans would, but if I was a betting man, which I am, I would make him favourite at the moment.

Dave J, how do you PM someone, I have read the instructions but cannot find the link to do it?

Am I being wooshed?

Click on their name, at the side of their post, in their profile there is an icon to send them a message.

ETA, now sits back and waits for Ditto to pm me saying... Hi it's ****** here, what you doing revealing stuff I told you in confidence!

Edited by dave.j

Not true not sure where you are getting your info from he is not constantly being over looked. Thompson wanted to continue his playing career unfortunately this season he has been plagued with injury. He went into hospital to fix the injury which was hoped to be fixed. The injury is still giving Thompson pain which has affected his whole season now as he has never been 100 percent fit all of this season.

Thompson in the press today full of compliments for Gary and David saying they gave it absolutely everything they can to try and make a success of it. He says it is not an easy job and goes on to say the management and himself would like to know what is happening contract wise.

That is not true. Thompson has never been offered the managers job.

Div, after effectively calling me a liar, I pm'd you, which you read last night, and have since been in posting on other threads. Is there a reason you haven't offered me the courtesy of a reply to my PM?

Thanks.

Dave

Div, after effectively calling me a liar, I pm'd you, which you read last night, and have since been in posting on other threads. Is there a reason you haven't offered me the courtesy of a reply to my PM?

Thanks.

Dave

Don't think he called you a liar, effectively or otherwise. You say Thommo was offered the gig, he said it isn't true. That isn't saying you are a liar, it is (to my eyes) saying that your information, even if given in good faith, was incorrect. I have no idea if you or Div are correct in your differing view, so I am certainly not on anyone's side.

When Div said a deal to sell the club was happening, and it didn't happen, we never jumped down his throat calling him a liar, the information he was given in good faith turned out to be incorrect.

What I do find annoying is that you seem to like letting us know that you are 'in the know' about this Thommo' thing, then you start giving it the clandestine 'I'll PM you mate' etc. Why not just PM the guy on the QT? Looks to me like you wanted to let us all know that you know something we don't.

Edited by pozbaird

Don't think he called you a liar, effectively or otherwise. You say Thommo was offered the gig, he said it isn't true. That isn't saying you are a liar, it is (to my eyes) saying that your information, even if given in good faith, was incorrect. I have no idea if you or Div are correct in your differing view, so I am certainly not on anyone's side.

When Div said a deal to sell the club was happening, and it didn't happen, we never jumped down his throat calling him a liar, the information he was given in good faith turned out to be incorrect.

What I do find annoying is that you seem to like letting us know that you are 'in the know' about this Thommo' thing, then you start giving it the clandestine 'I'll PM you mate' etc. Why not just PM the guy on the QT? Looks to me like you wanted to let us all know that you know something we don't.

9 mins and he hasn't replied to you, shocking!

Club statement about finding a new manager:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=43316

There is no getting away from the fact that this has been a difficult and disappointing season for everyone connected with St Mirren Football Club culminating in what will be a 12th place finish and relegation to the Championship.

As a Board of Directors we have always made what we believed to be the best decisions for the good of the Club. This season, unfortunately, we have got some of those decisions wrong, and we hold our hands up and accept responsibility.

One of the reasons we all love football is that it moves on quickly and as a Club we have to do the same and start the rebuilding process immediately. So rather than spend the next few months dealing with the recriminations we will look to the future and start this process from today.

The first step on this road is the appointment of a new manager. We are now inviting applications from managers interested in managing this great club with first class facilities and excellent young players. The Board would like to place on record our thanks to both Gary Teale and David Longwell for taking over the reigns after Tommy Craig’s departure and whilst the job of avoiding relegation proved to be a step too far their commitment, effort and endeavour has been there for all to see. We would expect Gary to put his name forward for the vacant manager’s position and we will duly consider his application along with all others we receive.

Glad they've made a statement, but as far as decisive action, and accepting job applications goes? I'll believe it when I see it.

We can only hope that lessons have been learnt. I want a new, fresh appointment in place within a week of the season ending. I want the new guy to not take a holiday - he should be spending the entire summer knocking our terrible squad into shape.

I bet that won't happen.

Pretty sensible statement, let's see who applies.

I am in two minds about it however - on the one hand it's good that they're taking applications and will consider them, but at the same time I want a new guy in quickly. Oh well.

Well they cannot afford to dilly dally around.Time is of the essence in that players are out of contract etc and we need to build a strong squad for what will be a difficult season ahead.Also we will shortly be selling season tickets and fans will have to be convinced of any new management team.Nonetheless its about time the current Board have at last admitted their errors of judgement.

Great statement and well timed IMO.

Hopefully they take their time this time and go through a thorough application and interview process before deciding on the manager.

Nice touch regarding inviting Teale to apply for the job too.

Also, this bit in the article about the English consortium caught my eye.

A board meeting was planned for today at which the topic of Teale's future, as well as the possibility of a new management structure including the potential appointment of a director of football, were expected to be under discussion.

I wonder if they binned this idea today? Might have expected something about it in the statement.