Should We Sack Gary Teal

Whenever a football team requires a new manager, you'd like to think that the board would draw up a list of preferred candidates, but also receive cvs from would be suiters! I think collectively we all agree that in the past 12 months, the latter has been ignored by our current BoD and the former has been a list of 1, (whoever was 2nd in command to the previous manager!)

Here's a thought, imagine we were the current BoD what would our list look like for our next appointment, the one who offers a swift return to the SPFL?

What's the thoughts on this lot? If we were drawing up a list would they all be on it, and anyone to be removed or added?

Derek Adams

Jimmy calderwood

Terry butcher

Ian murray

Stevie aitken

Gary teale (with an experienced n'o2)

Darren Ferguson

That's just 7 IMO that I think we could afford, or who we would have a chance of hiring!

Surely the first step in the process should be for the BoD to decide what direction they want to go in and where they would like to see the club in 3,5,10 years time. Then come up with a set of criteria/skills that the new manager should have, to help the club achieve that aim. Then advertise the job and make sure that all applicants are judged against those agreed direction, criteria/skills.

The BoD have a few weeks until the end of the season, so there's plenty of time to take a step back and consider what is the medium to long term aim and what we need to do to get there. There is far too much short term thinking (we need a wheeler dealer er.... keep the job under the end of the season, Gary) in football, but we're down and the BoD has a chance to wipe the slate clean and start again.

Keith Jackson said on match day one all is not well in the saints camp. The players are a huge part of the problem and I think Gary and any other boss would have had a hard time stopping this rot with them. Maybe Gary with an older football director would work . I actually feel quite sorry for Gary he has been hung out to dry over McLean but I do think he should have been able to get more fight. It's tough one?

GT is not the first player to be handed reigns , but he clearly has not got players onside, there may be many reasons for this, but facts and stats show under him after the TC Car crash, we have not improved, whilst I have an element of sympathy with the hand he got, as said above, its the total lack of fight or tactics. Lets be honest, when we saw that team against Well we knew it was wrong. His tactics against Well and county were bad, but if players don't do what asked, including McAusland, Goodwin and Thommo who all had mares, what chance does anyone have. New manager, some soul searching, some experience and some young talent needing a break and lets get our mojo back. It left the day the other 3 teams won when we beat Hamilton

There have been some big personalities in the dressing room over the last few years which is great when they are all pulling in the same direction. However when factions appear the dressing room is lost whoever the manager is. (Sir Alex eventually had to get rid of his captain due to a split in the dressing room).

Teale (the man, not the colour) was on a hiding to nothing in my opinion - fractious dressing room, shit squad, no money and his best player away when he could do nothing about it. Teale did do some very good things like move McLean to his correct position just off a striker and dump some of the garbage. Some of his signings have been poor, however he had no money nor time and it was January so the shops were pretty empty. He did not have the courage of his convictions with some signings by bringing back players who had shown they were not good enough and some of his substitutions were baffling.

Teale is a guy learning his trade but we want a finished article. I like the guy and feel very sorry for him. I would give him a gig as a No 2 maybe if he still has a year contract to run but I think a fresh face is required. Gary's time may come but probably elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Some guys get their first job in management and take to it like a duck to water, but Gary Teale just isn't one of them. He's been handed a raw deal, but I think it's clear that he isn't really up to it at the moment. I like Gary, but it just isn't the right time.

If Gary gets the nod for next season, I will get behind him and the team.

Let's hope I'm not in the minority.

I really hope he doesn't get the job but if he did, then we would have no option but to support him. I will be there supporting St. Mirren regardless who is in charge.

If we do appoint Gary I think it may be another difficult season in the championship!

I really hope he doesn't get the job but if he did, then we would have no option but to support him. I will be there supporting St. Mirren regardless who is in charge.

If we do appoint Gary I think it may be another difficult season in the championship!

If we appoint Gary Teale I'll be staying at home with my Peroni!

We shouldn't need to sack him. He should resign. I mean... Miliband, Clegg and Farage - and that was after just ONE shite result. Just saying like.

Teale will be the equivalent of Murphy - somehow keeps his job even though he should be booted.