Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

Eh? Ridgers isnt a young keeper, he is 24!

Also this "decent shot stopper" thing does my head in. That is the bare minimum you expect from a keeper, its like giving a winger credit for being able to run, or praising a centre back for heading the ball. Some on here seem to think that commanding your box, guarding your near post and getting the ball out of danger are optional extras for a goalkeeper!

Ridgers seems to have a great attitude and comes across well in the press and on social media. He should use those skills to become an estate agent or something similar as he clearly is nowhere near good enough to be the goalkeeper at St Mirren FC.

ETA: sorry, 25.

The bit I've highlighted - fully agree. It should be a given that a goalie stops shots.

Edited by Stu

If you are being harsh you could lay some blame at Ridgers door for every goal we lost on Friday.

The first one he didn't come for the corner even through the cross was just outside the six hard box.

The second one was a very tight angle and the ball went right through his legs.

The third one he made a good save but then palmed the ball straight back to Shiels who put it in with his knee

I know that is harsh. He did make a couple of good saves in the game but I think it's a wee bit much to say it was a great performance.

The first goal he would be struggling to get though a crowd to get the ball.

If anyone was to blame for the second goal it was McMullan who gave up on the runner Wallace who ran away from him to collect the return pass. He should have ran with him.

For the third Ridgers made a fantastic save to keep the initial shot out and was unlucky.

Our defeat certainly wasn't his fault he made many good saves.

Edited by Kendo

I will be pleased if we sign Langfeild as Goalkeeper/Coach!

I don't think Ridgers did that bad on Friday! But anytime the ball went near him my heart was in my mouth!

If the defender's feel the same way that's not good for St.Mirren!

I would start our next game with Langfeild in Goal if he sign's!

I am not a Ridgers fan and really don't see much potential hopefully Langfeild can develop him!

Ridgers is fairly young but has now had quite a bit of first team experience he doesn't command his box is Ropey at Crosses and is not particularly good with Long kicks. His shot stopping is actually quite good!

I hope I'm wrong and he turns into St.Mirren's next Cambell Money!

But I doubt it!!

As I said I am pleased with Langfeild but would have been over the moon had we digned Sampson!

Are you sponsored by an exclamation mark?

I think it's harsh to dismiss a goalkeeper with ten years top flight experience. Jamie will be coming in to help Ridgers & Wilks and all the other young goalkeepers at the club as well as playing himself.

I can't think of a goalkeeper who hasn't made some mistakes in his time. Jamie seems to be a popular whipping boy for some reason.

Can only be a good thing to have two good keepers on the books.

Clangers, Ridgid and Mr Wilks... (One for old school Emmerdale Farm fans there)

Our defeat certainly wasn't his fault he made many good saves.

He made one really good save with his feet in the second half after Baird had wiped out Wallace, apart from that I can't really remember any particularly good stops.

I'm not really having a go at him, as I do think he's decent, but I don't really think he had a particularly good game in Friday night.