St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

We had a former Saints manager in the away dugout, didn't realise we had one in the home dugout too. Reminiscent of Gus at his very worst. Passing it about from side to side and then backwards, retaining possession at all costs without risking a pass that might lead to something. No movement, no urgency, no creativity, no willingness to change a system that was clearly not working after 10 minutes and then didn't even use his final subs to give us some fresh legs.

Disgraceful performance. Alloa came for a point and got it and we can have no complaints on that front as we sure as hell didn't deserve to win. Have held off being too critical of Murray but really concerned. Think he is struggling with the step up from a team that is trying to stay in a division to one that is expected to be challenging for the play-offs.

It's very poor what murray is producing. Yes tommy and Gary where poor but they were playing full time teams like celtic, United and Aberdeen every week not failing to beat Livingston X2,Dumbarton, Raith, Falkirk and alloa two of whom are part time and train wide a week from 7-9. I see nothing no style of play, no desire and no enthusiasm from a manger who seems cannot attack teams with any success. He is ok away from home when he sets the team up to defend just like he did in every game as manager of Dumbarton. I really can't take much more we have had enough and I can't see murray making this work. One quarter gone and we have 7 points and no home wins. This season was meant to be about seeing our team win again and having an entertaining team to support. It's turned into a nightmare and the manager is already on borrowed time.

It's very poor what murray is producing. Yes tommy and Gary where poor but they were playing full time teams like celtic, United and Aberdeen every week not failing to beat Livingston X2,Dumbarton, Raith, Falkirk and alloa two of whom are part time and train twice e a week from 7-9. I see nothing no style of play, no desire and no enthusiasm from a manger who seems cannot attack teams with any success. He is ok away from home when he sets the team up to defend just like he did in every game as manager of Dumbarton. I really can't take much more we have had enough and I can't see murray making this work. One quarter gone and we have 7 points and no home wins. This season was meant to be about seeing our team win again and having an entertaining team to support. It's turned into a nightmare and the manager is already on borrowed time.

It's already getting to the point of irretrievable for Murray. Shockingly inept. He slunk up the tunnel at full time hell of a quick as well. Clearly flak dodging. His actions and body language today from what little we saw of him clearly looked like a man who knew he was on borrowed time.

I'll be honest. I won't slate the board for this, it seemed the right guy at the right time. This club has a horrible habit of things turning to shit when a previously successful player or manager walks through the door.

Thing is this form under Murray as a manager isn't just with us

This calendar year Murray has managed 27 league games And won 4.

Folk saying give him time. f**k me. 27 matches as a manager Abd won 4. This stat proves Murray is not upto it

Abd clearly got lucky with jack Ross and beauzilen to back him up unlike Spalding

If for no reason other than his own credibility, that was a must win game for Murray. His reputation is hurtling round the u-bend alongside our chances of even finishing the season mid-table.

The Chairman felt we had to win, I felt we had to win, the fans felt we had to win and Murray sent the players out there to mince around. Was it 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3? Nobody knows, Gallagher was everywhere, Shankland occasionally behind Mallan who was central ahead, deep and left.

At home to the bottom team in the League when after 5 mins it was obvious they were going to play with 11 players behind the ball. We started with a 4-4-2 with Carswell, a defensive midfielder playing on the right. Get him off and get a winger on. But no we wait until 70 mins for that.

Thank goodness for Goodwin the best player on the park today but the guy was frustrated as hell especially in the first half with the complete lack of movement in front of him. No wonder he pinged a couple from 35 yards as it was a game of statues in front of him.

I took an unemployed relative to the game today and he is not interested in repeating even with free entry. Absolute rubbish.

And ignore this shit about rebuilding for next season. We need momentum - NOW. I do not want to tear up my season ticket the first week in October! Pish.

The Chairman felt we had to win, I felt we had to win, the fans felt we had to win and Murray sent the players out there to mince around. Was it 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3? Nobody knows, Gallagher was everywhere, Shankland occasionally behind Mallan who was central ahead, deep and left.

But on Spalding's playstation and X-box games this no tactic set up worked a treat and we managed to horse them 1 0. In all honesty it was one of the most painfully awful games I've witnessed in many years.

The team as has been mentioned is totally devoid of ideas and if a certain Mr. Thompson would concentrate on his own sadly pedestrian game rather than shout at the younger forwards around him he may be more productive to the team.

As for Sean Kelly the guy couldnae cross the road never mind cross a decent ball.

Man of match for me was Jim Goodwin but, even he looked lacklustre at times.

Is Murray the man for the job, well the clock is definitely ticking but in all honesty would or could any of us trust the incompetent board to make a decent appointment?? Cheap options only mind.

Very disappointed by the performance today. We did try to keep possession but never looked like scoring. When we got the goal, once again we sat back and defended our 1-0. Cant see what Murray is trying to do. No real drive or urgency from the team. The only positive we can take is that we weren't beaten, although it feels like it.

That was a disgrace today. Utterly clueless, tippy tappy ball retention negative shite. No direction in our play, no desire, no gameplay, no win.

Have to say, I'm not sure about the great squad I keep hearing about. Yes, we have some genuine talent (Mallan, McMullen, Gallagher) but we also have players who are guaranteed a spot in our starting XI who are dreadful footballers. Sean Kelly - total liability, too weak, prone to moments of madness. Keith Watson - sluggish, unfit, poor positionally, dreadful first touch. Carswell - where do I start?

We won't be automatically relegated but we are on our way to relegation play offs.

Can't be bothered going back to be honest. Same hopeless, gutless shite we are served every week.

Sort it out or f**k off Murray!

Thing is this form under Murray as a manager isn't just with us

This calendar year Murray has managed 27 league games And won 4.

Folk saying give him time. f**k me. 27 matches as a manager Abd won 4. This stat proves Murray is not upto it

Abd clearly got lucky with jack Ross and beauzilen to back him up unlike Spalding

That is an absolutely shocking record.

Just in after a long trek with my two kids on toe again. We will be taking a break from coming through now. Keep thinking, this week will be the turning point, the platform to build our season on.

Today has made my mind up. Murray hasn't got it. It seems the players have no faith or belief in him. He is lost and has no direction or game plan.

Goodwin, yet again and Gallagher were looking to take responsibility and make things happen. Shankland got his goal I suppose. Mallan was busy, but couldn't hit the target with any of his free kicks. The rest didn't do much or were poor. Unfortunately, Thommo does not look like a leader to me. McMullan is our best player, so we need him back quick.

Dark times ahead. Dunfermline will be rubbing their hands and Murray will be climbing further back into his shell. This is pish!!!!

Goodwin, yet again and Gallagher were looking to take responsibility and make things happen.nd got his goal I suppose. Mallan was busy, but couldn't hit the target with any of his free kicks. The rest didn't do much or were poor. Unfortunately, Thommo does not look like a leader to me. McMullan is our best player, so we need him back quick.

Mallan was busy thinking about what he was gonna get 4 dinner. A kebab would be my guess.

In the car on the way there and heard we were playing 3 forwards which was interesting, sit and watch a match where we created barely anything against a team who look to me like the worst team in the division by a good bit. Strangely in the first half all the noise i could hear was talking amongst fans who had literally given up watching. Truly a surreal day.