Complain To The Bbc Hearts = Greetin Faced Wee Bottlers

Granted, that is what I conveyed. This is incorrect. I was a bit pished when I typed out the initial post. The correct account is as posted earlier today.

It did come directly from a player, however, and I am 100% clear that my mate didn't make anything up. As such, it makes little material difference.

Fair enough but with respect it makes a huge difference.

He could have misheard or taken the player out of context or simply lost something in translation.

Anyway f**k it.......time for bed.

Edited by oaksoft

Can't believe this pish comes up again. I, like many on here, was there that day and we were straight up humped by a very good Celtic side who had the bit between the teeth whereas we were safe and had nothing to play for.

I do remember us having a few chances ourselves though which would have made the score a bit more respectable, however, no team were living with them that day.

Truth be told I actually like the fact that Hearts blame us for their total capitulation and then, seeing us as their nemesis, have singularly failed to gain revenge in any of the matches that count between us since that day. (2 cup semis and a final for anyone that's counting!)

Pleasing!

On Off The Ball last weekend they had a Hearts player (can't remember who - try iPlayer if you want to check) who played at Dens that day. Tam asked him about St Mirren throwing their game. He said that he not believe it nor had ever heard anything within football to give credence to a claim.

I was there that day. Celtic had everything to play for, a good team that had skelped us a few times and we were shit on the day.

Of course it was irrelevant anyway - Hearts Hibsed it.

Edited by Sonny

FFS why get all defensive about it? And why the f**k would anyone complain to the BBC. Any claims that St Mirren players threw the match isn't an attack on your integrity or professionalism. Its an attack on the players who played for St Mirren that day.

I was at that game. St Mirren put in a woeful performance and I had Jim Stewart down as the player I'd blame most on that day.

Celtic needed to win by 5. They'd got that by half time and no one kicked a ball - for either side in the second 45.

As I said in an earlier post Celtic needed a swing of 4 goals.

As Hearts had to lose, therefore minimum -1, then Celtic required to win 3-0.

If Hearts lost by 2 goals, which they did, Celtic needed to win by 2 goals.

If Celtic had only beat us by 2 goals then the final league table would have had both Hearts and Celtic with the same goal difference, but Celtic had scored more goals and would have won the league.

It's basic arithmetic.

As I said in an earlier post Celtic needed a swing of 4 goals.

As Hearts had to lose, therefore minimum -1, then Celtic required to win 3-0.

If Hearts lost by 2 goals, which they did, Celtic needed to win by 2 goals.

If Celtic had only beat us by 2 goals then the final league table would have had both Hearts and Celtic with the same goal difference, but Celtic had scored more goals and would have won the league.

It's basic arithmetic.

Aye. I was going on memory. It doesn't matter though. I can't understand why a fan should feel the need to defend that particular poor performance though. St Mirren were poor on the day no matter how good Celtic were. Jim Stewart had an awful match. Did they throw it? The response should always be go ask the players.

Fair enough but with respect it makes a huge difference.

He could have misheard or taken the player out of context or simply lost something in translation.

Anyway f**k it.......time for bed.

Aye, I readily concede that point.

I was simply looking to throw something into the mix. No intention to seek attention or come across as ITK. To be blunt, if I could turn back the clock, I wouldn't have bothered....

I was simply looking to throw something into the mix. No intention to seek attention or come across as ITK. To be blunt, if I could turn back the clock, I wouldn't have bothered....

Don't drink & post! lol.gif

If you end a thread conceding a point to Oaksoft something has gone wrong.

Well at least you don't feel as bad as Michelle Mone does this morning.

Now THAT is a reddie.

Edited by oaksoft

It's a bloody nightmare Hearts lost the league themselves that is the bottom line. Days gone bye used to like Hearts watching then in Europe now I can't stand them. Like Hibs always remember it was pissing down at Easter Road and they moved us out the open end into the stand. Also was in a Hibs pup near Easter Road full of Hibs fans they made me feel very welcome really top blocks I met that day.

Paedo Bestiality is a crime Bud...

attachicon.gifhqdefault.jpg

So.......,going by the greeting faced Hearts players and supporters logic, you only win something if another Team gets the result you need.

Don't know what to say next but I'll try....

Get it right up the lot of them, especially Sandy Clark ,Gary Locke and that horrible wee shit Kenny Black. moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

As many on here have said,their twisted version of history omits a tasty 6-2 gubbing by us on the second week of the season.

They cannot accept that they just plain bottled it in spectacular fashion....Boo F*****n Hoo...

Looking back, maybe I was a bit harsh.........

Naaaa..... F**k the lot of the Greetin' Faced Gets....flipa.gifflipa.gifflipa.gif

All Hearts had to do was draw,not win.All they had to do was keep the score the same as it was at kick off but they couldn't do it.......and that's our fault?

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

The Hearts team of that era, which Alex McDonald created in his image, were vermin to say the least, and must be as despicable a bunch of thugs and villains assembled in one place at any time since I've been watching football.

Then he left and did the same at Airdrie, who he also turned into pond life.

If any of these dicks are still upset, it's great, and even more so that we've sent them packing in two semi-finals and a final since then.

That arsehole Sandy Clark won't have been as keen to examine the surroundings to the shenanigans behind his 120th minute 'goal' in the semi-final replay at Hampden a couple of years earlier.

Ah yes, how very, very sweet. :)

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes