January Arrivals

div

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Not sure at all where all this "well done the management" arse licking is coming from?

This looks to me like a lot of hopeful random punts cobbled together at the end of the window. Has Gus been out to scout these guys or have they been brought in on the basis of some youtube videos? The 2nd lad from Dinamo Bucharest presumably here after a last minute suggestion from his mate :lol:

Obviously, I hope these guys have a storming half season with us! But why are so many trying to delude themselves by suggesting there was some form of strategic planning and execution behind this random jumble of signings?

Correct. 

Some are mistaking negativity for realism. Some are making out these signings can’t possibly go wrong because the recruitment team have watched them. 

Lording the signing of any old striker over the people questioning our dealings this window like some kind of victory is laughable and makes them seem more like loons than those who are concerned about our strategy.

I hope it turns out to be a stroke of genius, but i’ll reserve my praise until May without being called a knickerwetter thanks.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I concede that you are far more likely to have heard comments internally that I will - but assuming can be very different from the reality.

We could each trot out what cost us and where we gained income from various things etc. But have we as yet had the vast majority of the McGinn money? Was it paid in 2 or 3 tranches etc.? I do think we got a number of bigger earners off the books and to date we are paying 10 instead of 16 previously. As well as this where we finish in the league can change what funds we gain at the end of the season too.

What I am really asking is how much is this your assumption, I know based on a number of things that have happened OR based on folk internally dropping this idea with some serious concern? Did we not set off with the budget before we knew that the McGinn money was coming our way?

It's all assumption mate. I've no idea about the current finances and nor should anyone other than those employed by the club to look after that side of things.

What I do know is that we've paid off Darren Jackson and Alan Stubbs very early into their contracts.
We also paid money to spring Brian Rice from Inverness.
We possibly paid money to get Oran.
We've assembled one of the biggest first team squads I can ever remember the club having.
Then we've ripped that to bits and let half of them go, several on mutual terminations against early contracts.
We have then added another ten players in albeit mostly on loan.
We've added a wage for Gus MacPherson, and a wage for Jimmy Nicholl.
And finally we've been spending on infrastructure like Ralston, the new Astro pitch etc....

We're in a bigger league where the "prize money" even for finishing last is significantly higher than we got for winning the Championship but it's fair to assume the players are all on much higher wages than they were when we were down a league.

Some of the above will have been budgeted for but all the mess left behind by Stubbsgate will certainly have put a hole in that budget I think.

Quite how big a hole remains to be seen and we won't know for another 11 months when the accounts are published.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I would hope to f**k that we received either an equal amount for Rice from Hamilton, if not greater. If we’ve let him go cheaper than we bought him, then the board have seriously messed up here.

We now save a wage.  Jimmy N is there. 

4 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Grayskull = good guys

Snake Mountain = bad guys

Ibrox = Big Ugly Building and so is Grayskull 

BBC Weather girl warned rangers fans on way to Ibrox of an impending storm at Castle GraySkull. 

Grayskull is Ibrox. Confirmed by BBC so its a fact 

Edited by East Lothian Saint

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Ibrox = Big Ugly Building and so is Grayskull 

BBC Weather girl (Kirsty McCabe) warned Rangers fans on way to Ibrox in 2006 of an impending storm at Castle GraySkull. 

Grayskull is Ibrox. Confirmed by BBC so its a fact 

Oops made a mess of that edit. What fecking button did I press there

Edited by East Lothian Saint
big thumbs

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Correct. 

Some are mistaking negativity for realism. Some are making out these signings can’t possibly go wrong because the recruitment team have watched them. 

Lording the signing of any old striker over the people questioning our dealings this window like some kind of victory is laughable and makes them seem more like loons than those who are concerned about our strategy.

I hope it turns out to be a stroke of genius, but i’ll reserve my praise until May without being called a knickerwetter thanks.

dae you never get fed up ya greetin faced bassa B)

Agree with W6saint, he is being realistic.

However, we’ve  got to hope (and maybe cross fingers) that the 10 guys we’ve brought in can make a difference.  But it’s going to take time for them to gel, for a few of them to get match fit, and for all of them to get used to what we call football in Scotland.   It’s not going to happen overnight..  

I’ve long thought that the current BoD were out of their depth, that their recruitment of people like Tony F and Gus M was misguided... and with Alan Stubbs sheer lunacy..  but they’ve backed the manager this window, and they deserve absolute credit for that.   So all we can do now is keep supporting them on the park, keep trying to be an “extra man” and keep our fingers crossed that we can turn around what has been an absolutely horrible season so far.  

So good luck to everyone that has come in this window, and everyone who managed to survive the cull..  fresh start..  and a wee bit of good luck might make all the difference over the next few months..  

Oran Kearney confirms in his interview on the official site that “ it was something like 16 or 17 out in total”.

Having signed 8 players before last night, that means that LPM was correct in the ratio of in/out being 50% at that point in time.

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll! [emoji1]

A different route this time round as opposed to previous transfer windows.

We have the pieces of the new jigsaw, let’s hope it looks good when it’s put together.

A few weeks down the line we will start to get a picture of what’s to come this season.

I’m looking forward to it.

Naturally, they can click into place tomorrow and take an unexpected 3 points if they wish [emoji2]

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Oran Kearney confirms in his interview on the official site that “ it was something like 16 or 17 out in total”.

Having signed 8 players before last night, that means that LPM was correct in the ratio of in/out being 50% at that point in time.

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll! emoji1.png

:lol:

So desperate it’s unbelievable! 

What a loser. 

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We get our money in 3 installments for John McGinn's transfer

The usual presumptions by many fans.  I do not think the BOD have frittered lots away. Considering the Stubbs debacle, I think they have turned things around very well indeed.

I suspect they have managed things much better than we think - time will tell though.  :spud5

Compensation for JR and James

Compensation for Brian Rice, Ross Stewart and Smith

Extra money from cup run

Less people on the wage bill now - may not have lowered the wage bill, but may also not have increased it either. Even the 2 out on loan are partly getting paid elsewhere

2 more tranches of the McGinn money to come. (I don't know if this is true, but some more to come I believe)