Squad 2023/24 Arrivals & Departures

1 hour ago, alwaystrue said:

Could SR do a job with Lee Griffiths and manage him. Surely the man has to grow up at some point, he averaged a goal every couple of games even when he was a Livi. Kicking about Australia lower divisions, maybe he wants to come home?

No thanks,the guy is done at our level

10 hours ago, alwaystrue said:

Could SR do a job with Lee Griffiths and manage him. Surely the man has to grow up at some point, he averaged a goal every couple of games even when he was a Livi. Kicking about Australia lower divisions, maybe he wants to come home?

Jesus Christ man. He’s been done for years - a creepy, overweight, waste of space.

Jesus Christ man. He’s been done for years - a creepy, overweight, waste of space.
Bloody hell. The people calling for Griffiths are the same people calling for a 15 goals a season striker. They are all delusional.

Griffiths is 100% done at this level and has been for years. In fact he is even older.

Finances dictate what areas we look at. 15 goals a season is where the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts can play at a push.

I cannot stress how lucky Motherwell has been with Van Veen. He didn't do this level of goals down south and they took a punt and won a watch. This is where we are at. I'm sure we are hoping to do this for this season.

We hoped this was going to be Brophy and it hasn't been.

Main could have got there if his missed chances had gone in... He did more as he helped contribute to like 20 goals this season.

I trust us this season to get maybe more players in with a bigger squad for depth as we struggled at times for numbers and I'm sure Robo and Foyle will get them in on little, look to put more team options in the contracts (like Taylor and CBM) so if it works out we are in the driving seat.

I like the changes we have done as we offered a long contract to O'Hara and if he goes we will get paid. Gone are the days that talent leaves for f**k all and I'm happy the business model has changed as it needs to for the team to change and take the step up to hopefully push higher season after season.

My rambling is done, but I'm so sick of the Griffiths chat and the 15 goals a season chat. Shows how unrealistic, lack of financial and business savvy fans really have.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, alwaystrue said:

I thought about Griffiths too at one point but I think it’s too late.  If he couldn’t compete at the Celtic level then what incentive does he have with smaller teams?

9 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Bloody hell. The people calling for Griffiths are the same people calling for a 15 goals a season striker. They are all delusional.

Griffiths is 100% done at this level and has been for years. In fact he is even older.

Finances dictate what areas we look at. 15 goals a season is where the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts can play at a push.

I cannot stress how lucky Motherwell has been with Van Veen. He didn't do this level of goals down south and they took a punt and won a watch. This is where we are at. I'm sure we are hoping to do this for this season.

We hoped this was going to be Brophy and it hasn't been.

Main could have got there if his missed chances had gone in... He did more as he helped contribute to like 20 goals this season.

I trust us this season to get maybe more players in with a bigger squad for depth as we struggled at times for numbers and I'm sure Robo and Foyle will get them in on little, look to put more team options in the contracts (like Taylor and CBM) so if it works out we are in the driving seat.

I like the changes we have done as we offered a long contract to O'Hara and if he goes we will get paid. Gone are the days that talent leaves for f**k all and I'm happy the business model has changed as it needs to for the team to change and take the step up to hopefully push higher season after season.

My rambling is done, but I'm so sick of the Griffiths chat and the 15 goals a season chat. Shows how unrealistic, lack of financial and business savvy fans really have.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I just asked a question and never once mentioned 15 goals. In the close season it is good to have some kind of debate.  For what it's worth thought the rest of your post made sense and was well put 👍

9 hours ago, Hunterian said:

I thought about Griffiths too at one point but I think it’s too late.  If he couldn’t compete at the Celtic level then what incentive does he have with smaller teams?

Good point, although rehabilitation of his image might be a factor. Never been a fan of his but the 2 free kicks for Scotland do live in my failing memory 😁

24 minutes ago, alwaystrue said:

I just asked a question and never once mentioned 15 goals. In the close season it is good to have some kind of debate.  For what it's worth thought the rest of your post made sense and was well put 👍

Griffiths was very much dismissed on here quite a few years ago, long before he reached the current ripe old age of 32.

It seems that's past your best if you're a football player. 

Edited by faraway saint

The most depressing aspect as far as I'm concerned is that there appears to be precious little exciting young talent bursting through from our Youth Academy.

If Offord and Jamieson are our best prospects coming through from the Academy to the First Team Squad then it's no wonder our scouts are off trawling through various diddy leagues around the world. I'd love these two youngsters to prove me wrong but, from what they've shown when given their (admittedly few) opportunities so far, there's a helluva lot of improvement required before we're going to see a positive end result.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Griffiths was very much dismissed on here quite a few years ago, long before he reached the current ripe old age of 32.

It seems that's past your best if you're a football player. 

I put the name out as a discussion point not aware of the history of previous discussion. Off field aside, he has outscored the likes of Watt and Fletcher his entire career, both still playing in scottish top flight and fletcher is older by a few years at least. I am not advocating for Griffiths, I just wondered if SR could manage him and get a  tune out of him, mixed metaphors all round 😁

48 minutes ago, alwaystrue said:

I put the name out as a discussion point not aware of the history of previous discussion. Off field aside, he has outscored the likes of Watt and Fletcher his entire career, both still playing in scottish top flight and fletcher is older by a few years at least. I am not advocating for Griffiths, I just wondered if SR could manage him and get a  tune out of him, mixed metaphors all round 😁

He definitely got a tune out of Main when most others failed so it's perfectly legitimate to expect Robbo to extract the absolute maximum from every player - his ability to make chicken pie from chicken shit could be what gives us the opportunity to have another run at the top 6. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The most depressing aspect as far as I'm concerned is that there appears to be precious little exciting young talent bursting through from our Youth Academy.

If Offord and Jamieson are our best prospects coming through from the Academy to the First Team Squad then it's no wonder our scouts are off trawling through various diddy leagues around the world. I'd love these two youngsters to prove me wrong but, from what they've shown when given their (admittedly few) opportunities so far, there's a helluva lot of improvement required before we're going to see a positive end result.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

The young boy Frazer Taylor looks like he has loads of ability 

On 5/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, linwood buddie said:

Strains been good this season at times when Baccus flies into the tackle your waiting for a booking , good player but can a times be a tad reckless.

Strain is a better player than Baccus and has made a better contribution this season IMHO.