Hibernian v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 6/8/23

shull

Brilliant result, very good performance, especially after Hibs getting back in the game, as expected TBH.
3 points at a tough away venue, roll on next week against Dundee. 

A tough away venue??? As expected Hibs would come back into it??? last week you had us winning really easy you've more faces than Paisley Town Hall clock.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

So Olusanya and Greive are no good at this level 🤔 brilliant start to the campaign, always like to get the first away win as soon as possible!

always liked Grieve, just seemed he was consistently a yard short but a grafter, I thought Olusanya a waste of space, playing naive schoolboy chase the ba fitba, but clearly, I know feck all, he was superb today, and made chances out of being a pain in the arse, so, very glad to be proved wrong, long may he continue in this vein

Typical BBC. St. Mirren who?

"Hibs made a lively start, but the sunshine enveloping Easter Road was soon enveloped in clouds of home despair as St Mirren striker Eammon Brophy went down under a Joe Newell challenge".

They later corrected this.

Edited by stlucifer

We should have stuck with the same formation and brought on Jamieson, Grieve and Nahmani at the same time when the front boys looked out on their feet. Hibs were all over the place in the first half because of the pressure placed on their defence. We let them get back into the game as they started controlling the ball and being able to play passes from the back that they didn't have time to in the first half.

We were controlling the game easily then resorted back to usual tactics and tried to defend the lead way too early. We got off with it thankfully but only just. I have to agree that the best form of defence is attack and we should try and keep the ball as high up the pitch as possible. Hopefully SR will learn from it as it would have been a right pisser if we ended up with a draw after that first half performance. 

A very good result today, all things considered, especially after we had been pegged back. 
clearly showing Character when historically we’d capitulate in that situation. 
the highlights showed us in a positive light although we were certainly defending too high up the pitch for their first goal. But an impressive performance and turnout from the fans 👏🏻👏🏻

three goals and an away win, what’s not to like. 
as an aside, those pitches at killie and livi are getting worse. An absolute disgrace to professional football at this level!

5 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

I have been critical of Greive but I have to give him credit for his effort and his goal today. The cross from Kiltie was fantastic but he still had to tuck it away which he did. A great 3 points away from home, and a fantastic support. Well done all 👍

Aye. Commentary on the beeb.

sic. Kiltie has faded badly, second half....... Great run and cross. Goal!

Great result. Added to this my grandkid's team the Edinburgh Cup. Capital!

Edited by stlucifer

Couldn’t make or watch the game today. Great result & brilliant character to get the winner after losing the two goal lead. 
Almost all our forward options opening their account already this summer. Great to see. 
Yeah good to see the strikers getting amongst the goals as it looked like we might struggle in that department. Here's hoping we could have 3/4 of them with between 5-10 goals anything above 10 be a bonus.

Can you show me where exactly? 
Nice swerve on your drivel of a post. 
I'm afraid you've shown yourself to be unhinged in the last week or so, might be better to calm down, you're on a downward spiral. [emoji38]
You couldn't follow the instructions on the 23/24 predictor thread that's why you were outed as an idiot.

My drivel of a post consisted of the recent history of St Mirren matches away from home including Easter Road and our 3 away matches this season just plain boring old facts no drivel.

You on the other hand 2 mins after one of our best away results in years scrolled back days of messages to call me out on something you couldn't even enjoy the victory first sad sad man must be something else you can find to occupy you in your wee garden shed in Arbroath.