Kyle Magennis

shull

Have not posted on this site for some time due to the roasters that are regular contributors. Felt compelled to say something regarding Kyle Magennis challenge. First thing I should say, McMullan is a horrible, wee, diving, chancer that did nothing for us. 
The posters on this thread saying that Magennis did not deserve a red card should be sin binned for life. McMullan slides in, goes to ground but with the front of his leg showing, studs away from Magennis. Kyle, goes in, studs showing, leg almost straight (protecting himself) and catches McMullan on leg who was lucky his leg wasn't snapped as his leg was not planted. All the experts, who have played football at a high level, agreed he should have been sent off. I totally agree. I love Magennis by the way. Potential superstar for us. I just grinds me the blinkered dimwits that come on here and defend everything St.Mirren that is sometimes indefensible. Also, Elvis is a good laugh. Everyone gets worked up at his posts. He is a pantomime villain that we shouldn't take seriously. I love his daft posts and adds a bit of colour to a one sided forum where everyone is totally biased. Stop calling him a dick and embrace his light hearted nonsense. You too Faraway Saint, who I regard as one of the most honest, centred posters on here. Hoof Hearted, I genuinely have sympathy for you and hope you are getting the help you obviously need. 
Roasters.
Blinkered dimwits.
Should be sin binned for life.

You really are a charmer sir!
What a strange way to break a self imposed absence... All guns blazing attack on anyone who dares to disagree with you and "all the experts, who have played football at a high level".

That must make them correct and everyone who holds an opposing view a blinkered dimwit after all!

No room for discussion here obviously. Sinbin or hanging! That should suffice.

Very strange contribution sir. Very strange indeed.

5 hours ago, Stoobs said:

I think Chris Sutton is the biggest arse that is on our telly but I honestly cannot believe that you think this is not a red card. I was working on Friday night and could not attend. Watched game on Saturday with 4 other mates. There wasn't even a debate. If that is not a red card then I don't know what is. Do you think if McMullan perpetrated that tackle on Lewis Morgan, all the fans on this site would be saying " Lewis got what he deserved." Lewis went to ground too easily and McMullan's momentum carried him into the challenge if you could call it a challenge. No, I don't think so. Everyone would be going berserk. That is why I hate forums to be honest. It is just a totally one sided view of everything. I should stay clear but it is like a scab that you can't help picking at. 

Ref say it clearly and called it correctly.

Don't think forums are for you if you get so precious about others having a different opinion.  This isn't an opinion of course, you are plain wrong.  Spot the roaster indeed.

Plenty of comments from non-blinkered, full-witted (presumably) neutrals suggest it wasn't a card offence.

Like others, I've watched it countless times. It's blatantly clear to me that it wasn't a reckless tackle. It was a coming together. It happens in fitba. I thought people understood that.

Edited by Drew

12 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Have not posted on this site for some time due to the roasters that are regular contributors. Felt compelled to say something regarding Kyle Magennis challenge. First thing I should say, McMullan is a horrible, wee, diving, chancer that did nothing for us. 

The posters on this thread saying that Magennis did not deserve a red card should be sin binned for life. McMullan slides in, goes to ground but with the front of his leg showing, studs away from Magennis. Kyle, goes in, studs showing, leg almost straight (protecting himself) and catches McMullan on leg who was lucky his leg wasn't snapped as his leg was not planted. All the experts, who have played football at a high level, agreed he should have been sent off. I totally agree. I love Magennis by the way. Potential superstar for us. I just grinds me the blinkered dimwits that come on here and defend everything St.Mirren that is sometimes indefensible. Also, Elvis is a good laugh. Everyone gets worked up at his posts. He is a pantomime villain that we shouldn't take seriously. I love his daft posts and adds a bit of colour to a one sided forum where everyone is totally biased. Stop calling him a dick and embrace his light hearted nonsense. You too Faraway Saint, who I regard as one of the most honest, centred posters on here. Hoof Hearted, I genuinely have sympathy for you and hope you are getting the help you obviously need. 

Just one question.

How hard did you hit your head?

Um, watched the highlights to see what the fuss is - possibly a yellow for MaGennis for being a bit late, possibly one for McMullen for going down into the challenge (which might well have happened had he not been hurt), possibly a double yellow but I reckon the ref got it correct. As others have pointed out the problem was caused by McMullen going down into the challenge, does that mean MaGennis must then pull out - I'd say not.

I wouldn't rate Magennis's challenge as being careless or reckless. They upshot is Sutton doing what  usually do, endearing himself to the bigger club - fuck'im, our boy did good!

Edited by Bud the Baker

All about opinions but mine is it is a straight red. Nasty challenge and if it was any United player on Magennis everyone on here would be looking for them to be sent off.

That said McMullen has the heart of a smartie and has gone to ground because he didnt fancy a 50/50 with Kyle. He didn't  kick another ball in the match after being a real danger in the opening minutes getting past Stelios with ease.

Result all round but we got away with one.

13 hours ago, Stoobs said:

It would seem that you don't have to be a regular contributor to be a "roaster" ...............................:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

If you check the match thread on P&B there is not one complaint from a Utd. fan about the tackle - case closed!

No comment by McMullan or any other United official either, which is unusual given the usual roaring and greeting that usually ensues after an unpunished "bad" tackle.

Edited by FTOF

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Back to Kyle. I thought first half yesterday he was looking almost back to his best. Terrific performance.

Unfortunately, a bit like everyone else he was dogshite in the second half.

Agree with this. I think he's been a bit stunted with the timing of his injury but I have no doubt he'll be a player. He'll continue to improve and be a massive player for us for the rest of the season. 

Would agree he would be worth a turn in central midfield. I suppose Ross has a concern over an obvious right winger if he does so. Additionally mcshane would be the one to go in midfield which while l agree he has been a bit up and down he has been archetypal in many of our goals. Glad I am not the manager, but great that these debates can rage whilst we sit top of the league rather than where we were twelve months ago

• 5 months later...