Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Why?

The Killie fans are being unanimous with their praise for him and seem disappointed he's not going back to them.

The Middlesborough keeper coach has a sound reputation for developing keepers apparently.

However, the usual experts on social media seem to know better, as usual.

Boro seem to have faith in him to develop further, so why not we have some faith too

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Why?

The Killie fans are being unanimous with their praise for him and seem disappointed he's not going back to them.

The Middlesborough keeper coach has a sound reputation for developing keepers apparently.

However, the usual experts on social media seem to know better, as usual.

Probably used the wrong emoji. I was being sarcastic, meaning we do usually seem to be ok at replacing keepers, especially with JL coaching. 😻

28 minutes ago, elvis said:

0-0 17 shots 3 on target made 9 changes at interval.

I remember when testimonials used to end up 6-5 or 7-4 or 8-3

If it was for a goalie he’d be guaranteed to score a penalty

Nothing fkn each 🤷

9 hours ago, W6er said:

I've been busy today, so only just saw that Carson didn't play tonight. Sorry if this is old news to everyone else, but clearly bringing Hemming in indicates Carson's away. :( 

Carson became stronger, more confident and capable as the season progressed. (From what I saw).

I had put this down to Jamie Langfield and the goalkeeping tutoring being done.  No coincidence, surely, that the three latest goalies were capable of good distribution of the ball and becoming a mobile midfielder, on occasion?

As well as giving punters a general confidence in their goalkeeping.

Peter Urminsky  mibbe just had a bad day at the season’s end…  I’d bet JL “analysed” parts of his performance that day…

Edited by antrin

3 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

What do you mean? Play load for someone who is always injured and like not scored at home? Is that considered good?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Ross County/Malky McKay seem prepared to take a risk on his fitness.

It's possible we were just unfortunate with Brophy's run of injuries.

13 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I still think this could come back and bite us on the arse.   🐶

That may well happen but we can't hold on to every player just in case. We'd have a squad of hundreds and huge debt !!!

The value of a good manager is not just deciding who to bring in but who to let go. He is in a better position than you or I to make an informed decision and minimise the risk

That may well happen but we can't hold on to every player just in case. We'd have a squad of hundreds and huge debt !!!
The value of a good manager is not just deciding who to bring in but who to let go. He is in a better position than you or I to make an informed decision and minimise the risk

Go on, name the first hundred players. [emoji1787]

I really need to read what folk write before posting. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

I still think this could come back and bite us on the arse.   🐶

There’s always the chance that could be the case , most former players would tend to try a bit harder when returning to a previous club, especially if they felt they hadn’t done themselves justice .

Like all players who join Saints ,I so wanted him to succeed , it simply didn’t work out . 🤷‍♂️.  
 We move on, the player moves on.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

most former players would tend to try a bit harder when returning to a previous club, especially if they felt they hadn’t done themselves justice .

Did he ever do that against his old club when he played for us. :unsure:

4 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66026062

BBC's shoddy reporting - ambiguous wording if ever there was one.

What they actually mean is the 'the move is off".

However, St Mirren move on - to where is anyone's guess - probably a 36 year old striker?

Still think it could happen if Glentoran accepts our offer. But mean while Robbo will carry on looking elsewhere. Balls in their court.

Edited by pod