Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Is it not the case that if he's played for 2 teams already this season then we can't sign him? unsure.png

That rule has been relaxed - wur ain DVZ played for three clubs in 2009/10 (Hibernian, Morton & Hamilton), although maybe it'll be slightly different in this case as his two previous clubs were in England.

Edited by Bud the Baker

That rule has been relaxed - wur ain DVZ played for three clubs in 2009/10 (Hibernian, Morton & Hamilton), although maybe it'll be slightly different in this case as his two previous clubs were in England.

I think you have it the wrong way round, they have tightened up on it.

In the past a player in Scotland could be registered for 4 domestic clubs in the one season and play for 3 in that period, while international transfers were register for 3 play for 2.

We have now followed FIFA and went with registered for 3 play for 2.

Edited by davidg

I think you have it the wrong way round, they have tightened up on it.

In the past a player in Scotland could be registered for 4 domestic clubs in the one season and play for 3 in that period, while international transfers were register for 3 play for 2.

We have now followed FIFA and went with registered for 3 play for 2.

Yeah, I did some checking and the rule which allowed DVZ (& Mo Camara) to play for three clubs in a season changed during the last close season. Still it makes you wonder why Kinniburgh (who was himself registered with three clubs in 2008/09: r*ngers, QotS & St. Johnstone) ended his contract and why we're taking him on trial if he can't play for another club till next season.

Yeah, I did some checking and the rule which allowed DVZ (& Mo Camara) to play for three clubs in a season changed during the last close season. Still it makes you wonder why Kinniburgh (who was himself registered with three clubs in 2008/09: r*ngers, QotS & St. Johnstone) ended his contract and why we're taking him on trial if he can't play for another club till next season.

Presumably a trial for possible PCA if he isn't eligible to sign on just now. No harm in it.

Presumably a trial for possible PCA if he isn't eligible to sign on just now. No harm in it.

This is a guy who couldn't get a regular game with QotS (unlike Mark McAuslandrolleyes.gif ), was a fringe player at League 2 in England and presumably didn't impress at Conference level. As a cheap & cheerful back-up CH for the rest of the season I could just about see it, but I'm sure there'll be better available in the summer so I'd be disappointed if we offered him a deal before then.

You're probably right that there's no harm in us looking at him I just don't see why he quit Oxford given the circumstances unless it was a desire for square sausage on a slice of plain bread.