Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Going what has been in the PDE over the past while it seems whoever we are signing has agreed. As has been said the fact they don't start getting paid until July might be the reason. One thing is for sure new players will be in for the trip to Spain so we should hear something very soon.

Brian Caldwell is on holiday next week so we will not be signiong anybody till he returns

According to the PDE our 2 new keepers will be announced on Monday ...

I think it unlikely that because the General Manager is lying on a beach somewhere, the whole club grinds to a standstill until he gets back. If DL says Monday, then Monday it is!!!!

Edited by rabuddies

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/8791877/Transfer-news-St-Mirren-are-eyeing-a-move-for-Swansea-keeper-David-Cornell

Sky Sports understands Swansea City goalkeeper David Cornell is in line for a loan move to St Mirren.

Cornell, who has come through the ranks at Swansea, is highly regarded within the corridors of power at the Liberty Stadium.

The 22-year-old is well down the pecking order at Swansea with Michel Vorm and Gerhard Tremmel ahead of him in Michael Laudrup's plans.

Laudrup is keen to loan out Cornell so that he can get some valuable first-team action under his belt to continue his development

St Mirren are leading the race for the Wales Under 21 international with Buddies boss Danny Lennon keen to bolster his goalkeeping options.

Killie, Motherwell, Ross County, ICT, Hibs, Dundee United etc etc have all announced more signings from us. For whatever reason, we seem to be very slow off the mark this summer.

It is simple. Not signing players at this time means we do not have to pay out more in wages for players to laze around during the summer months. Secondly, there will be a lot of players looking for clubs between now and when we begin the friendlies and we will have our full quota sorted out by then. No point in rushing at this time to only find out that someone better is available for the same terms of contract. Patience if a virtue so they say and I am confident that Danny and Tommy have their irons well in the fire. As for those other clubs, outwith Celtic, none of them are earth shattering and/or worrying.

I would guess that if we sign Cornell part of the deal from Swansea would be that he plays regularly as No 1 or there is no point loaning him out.

I dont think we would ever agree to that kind of deal, I cant see anyone doing that. If they are confident in him they would expect him to be no.1 but how could you make a deal that he had to play? That would be off no benefit to a keeper, they want to be no.1 on merit not by default.

It doesn't seem to matter whose name gets associated with St.Mirren, within minutes if not seconds the 'He's shite!' brigade are on here moaning. I've not been here all that long and I just wonder has anyone ever enjoyed universal approval? How about Steven Thompson? Did any of the usual suspects weigh into him? I can't imagine that even he got away scot-free.

It doesn't seem to matter whose name gets associated with St.Mirren, within minutes if not seconds the 'He's shite!' brigade are on here moaning. I've not been here all that long and I just wonder has anyone ever enjoyed universal approval? How about Steven Thompson? Did any of the usual suspects weigh into him? I can't imagine that even he got away scot-free.

You, sir, get a gold star. It's a huge bugbear of mine.

For the record, Thommo was injury-prone, past it, and not a proven goalscorer.

It always seems to me that our fans expect miracle signings. When a new name is mentioned they are usually either deemed to be crap, or beyond our budget, by the hard to please. I'd say it is obvious that if people openly recognise our budget is small, then our expectations regarding who we can sign should reflect that.

Me? I'd take anybody that can do a job for us - whether that be a M*rt*n player (Tidser), a rat faced bastard (Novo), an injury prone has-been (Gordon), a ned (Griffiths) or anybody else who fits the bill.

For me, the jury is still out on DL, but I'd love this to be the season he takes us into the top 6 and proves a lot of us wrong. If he's going to do that, he is going to have to think carefully about who he brings in. I for one hope (and actually believe) that he will do that this season.