jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Would that be the two we sold for "peanuts" and caused weeks of angst on the forum? :lol:

PS Back in your box. :rolleyes:

Also don't really see why it's the youth developments fault that board is letting players go on the cheap, ralston is holding up its End of the deal by producing quality players they we're let by the old board by under valuing players 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

4 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

Also don't really see why it's the youth developments fault that board is letting players go on the cheap, ralston is holding up its End of the deal by producing quality players they we're let by the old board by under valuing players 

Spot on . 

Maybe the good residents of Ralston will have a whip round to get ride of us since our players language is more suited to council schemes As for the faked, do they not have small pitches in front of their main stand that they train on ?

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Bit late back to the party...and it is, as I said, all academic as we were signing Harry anyway.

On your post, "pretty sure" means little in the great scheme of things.

The underlying attendance figure is affected greatly by the corresponding TV revenue and prize money, of which ours is far greater.

All of this is largely conjecture on both sides, all because we were told Davis would definitely go to Orient as they would pay more...

emoji41.png

You have no idea how much TV or prize money either gets, but even on the figures you estimated - in St MIrren's favour - Orient would have earned enough from their extra gate money to cover that gap and then some. You even admitted eventually that Orient would have been able to pay more than us last year, and that is almost certainly true again this year as a result of their significantly greater season ticket sales, which will translate again into significantly greater attendances (for a higher number of games). I didn't pretend to know anything about what Davis would do (although I am pleasantly surprised he has returned), but was simply pointing out that you were wrong to suggest they were not a club who could pay more than us!

There is potential for the Council , Sports Development Scotland , A House Building Company , St Mirren , Ralston Residents Association and whoever we lease Ralston from to come together and work a solution out where Ralson is developed into housing and training pitches are developed on land next to the ground ( probably as p[art of the first phase of the new sports village ) . 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

You have no idea how much TV or prize money either gets, but even on the figures you estimated - in St MIrren's favour - Orient would have earned enough from their extra gate money to cover that gap and then some. You even admitted eventually that Orient would have been able to pay more than us last year, and that is almost certainly true again this year as a result of their significantly greater season ticket sales, which will translate again into significantly greater attendances (for a higher number of games). I didn't pretend to know anything about what Davis would do (although I am pleasantly surprised he has returned), but was simply pointing out that you were wrong to suggest they were not a club who could pay more than us!

You haven't proven I'm wrong to suggest they wouldn't be able to pay more than us, despite weeks of trying. I suggest this ends now - nobody really wants to read any of this any more.:thumbs2

3 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

If the club already owns the land across from the away stand, would it not make sense to punt the valuable land in Ralston, use some of the cash to build a state of the art synthetic pitch and a gym at St Mirren Park and bank the rest? Could even be another revenue stream for the club. 

Since we don't own Ralston we should build the pitches next to the stadium, move the portable buildings as well and either abandon Ralston or lease out the pitches to anyone who is willing to pay..  Anyone seen Jogging Susan recently?

Edited by beyond our ken

27 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Since we don't own Ralston we should build the pitches next to the stadium, move the portable buildings as well and either abandon Ralston or lease out the pitches to anyone who is willing to pay..  Anyone seen Jogging Susan recently?

I can't imagine we'd be able to sub-lease the complex.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The Greek striker is reported to be interesting Dumbarton now so I doubt if we have retained our interest in him.

That's good news. Means we'll hopefully go for Brian Graham. And Froxylias only had 3 career goals.

7 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

If the club already owns the land across from the away stand, would it not make sense to punt the valuable land in Ralston, use some of the cash to build a state of the art synthetic pitch and a gym at St Mirren Park and bank the rest? Could even be another revenue stream for the club. 

Does the club own the land across from the away stand?

I got told it was Stewart Gilmour's as his family had a shop there as well

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh, and how much does it cost?

I never said it WASN'T value, just trying to establish the running cost.

You've made an massive assumption these players would not have been with us if we hadn't had Ralston. :blink:

No idea. But good players want to play at good training facilities, so if we didn't have a 5 star facility, I'm 99% sure we would now be in league 1. 

We may have the Paisley Sports Village by 2020 anyway! 

355FA52C-EBC5-4E9C-A9D5-D1B358AE6271-4297-000003D784A3077E.jpeg

No idea. But good players want to play at good training facilities, so if we didn't have a 5 star facility, I'm 99% sure we would now be in league 1. 
We may have the Paisley Sports Village by 2020 anyway! 

355FA52C-EBC5-4E9C-A9D5-D1B358AE6271-4297-000003D784A3077E.jpeg.36e5044c89879dab5d50f7871f03df5b.jpeg

Don't see this ever being built.

that massive amount of land at ralston must be worth a few million to a housing development ,and probably cost half that too build same thing across road from greenhill road,id Imagine

It currenlthas a for sale sign up.

1 hour ago, Edinbuddie said:

Brian Graham would be decent and should score goals if he gets a run in the team.

Conor Sammon was out of favour at Hearts. Where's he now? Big and strong and would score goals in the championship.

Still at Hearts. St. Johnstone have been linked

About half of the January signings were unknowns really from outside Scotland: Fjelde, O'Brien, Davis, Stelios, Eckersley.

No-one from off the beaten track this window though. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new striker coming in under the radar. Maybe one who was set-up as a possible signing at the start of the year.