jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Just this . He does not want relegation on his cv.

On 9 August 2013, Ferdinand was released by Queens Park Rangers in an effort to cut costs having been relegated to the Championship.

9 minutes ago, pod said:

On 9 August 2013, Ferdinand was released by Queens Park Rangers in an effort to cut costs having been relegated to the Championship.

Forgot he'd played for QPR in their mad money years. He definitely won''t need any more cash, that's for sure.

57 minutes ago, pod said:

He spent the second half of that season playing in Turkey, I guess that would allow him to say he hasn't been relegated as he wasn't actually playing for QPR at the point of relegation....ambiguous right enough!!

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Just this . He does not want relegation on his cv.   (QPR did but he was out on loan)

I don't think money is the most crucial for Ferdinand at this time in his career. It doesn't appear that he has better offers down south, which would be nearer his family, so what might appeal to him is having Sunday and Monday with his family and being up here Tue - Sat.

I think he is here to train, keep fit and sign - 2 others today as well - happy days

My understanding is that he likes the club but being away from his family is difficult. Hopefully the club can put some deal to him along the lines of what you've said to keep him, i.e. paying for flights to allow him to see his family, or helping them to come up during school holidays. At least OK will have empathy with him, being in the same situation. Hopefully he confirms he is staying soon.

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Just my thoughts, as im currently lying in bed waiting on a nurse to examine me.

PS, I cannie laugh, cough or sneeze because of the pain. emoji24.png

Are you sure it's a real nurse who is doing this to you? :o

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Just this . He does not want relegation on his cv.   (QPR did but he was out on loan)

I don't think money is the most crucial for Ferdinand at this time in his career. It doesn't appear that he has better offers down south, which would be nearer his family, so what might appeal to him is having Sunday and Monday with his family and being up here Tue - Sat.

I think he is here to train, keep fit and sign - 2 others today as well - happy days

I don't think AF would be worrying about his football CV at this late stage of his career.

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I don't think AF would be worrying about his football CV at this late stage of his career.

I read somewhere that he has said as much - i.e. that "He did not want relegation on his cv."

I guess a man who is a winner in many respects can sometimes take this kind of stand.

He may go into management some day, and that is the kind of reputation he would probably let the dressing room know - winners don't get relegated - or something like this.

Of course there will be others who are big winners who had relegation at clubs or who may have been let go previously etc etc.

32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Of course there will be others who are big winners who had relegation at clubs or who may have been let go previously etc etc.

Very much so. Some managers have made promising starts to their careers despite once having been part of a side that lost a cup final against nine men.

When can we start guessing this Slovak wingers name? I reckon I've got it but don't want to be the guilty party who let the cat out the bag.

Though if I do have it right it's really the fault of the ITK folk who have given me enough info to think I can guess at it.

15 minutes ago, Hambud said:

When can we start guessing this Slovak wingers name? I reckon I've got it but don't want to be the guilty party who let the cat out the bag.

Though if I do have it right it's really the fault of the ITK folk who have given me enough info to think I can guess at it.

Just keep it to yerself until he signs on the dotted line :)

I miss the old fashioned press conference to parade new players. They should bring them back. This casually announcing sometime after dinner takes the fun out of it.

I miss the old fashioned press conference to parade new players. They should bring them back. This casually announcing sometime after dinner takes the fun out of it.

Especially when you factor in that the ‘official’ f**k up of a site & social media platforms are ALWAYS last to post the news we find out.

I’ve honestly not looked at our ‘official’ media platforms for about 10 years i think.

53 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Especially when you factor in that the ‘official’ f**k up of a site & social media platforms are ALWAYS last to post the news we find out.

I’ve honestly not looked at our ‘official’ media platforms for about 10 years i think.

I can guarantee you that it has changed a bit since then...

5 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Friend of mine works for a company that supplies the letters on the back of shirts. Says Saints have just ordered a rush job of S, L, Y, and N :lol:

That might explain the hold-up in announcing a certain Irish midfielder!

Let us know if your friends has to supply more letters any time soon?

20 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Just the one signing today then? I think we should upgrade to a signing in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Its a good idea as the number of days remaining keeps reducing.

Ideally another 3 in before the weekend including Ferdinand.

Then next week we can survey the squad and watch for final arrivals to descend.