jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

7 minutes ago, mattman said:

Daniel finlayson from rangers according the b&w army twitta, loan, no idea when till 

He was decent for me in football manager. Had a few games on loan at the appropriately named Orange County in the good ol' U S of A.

Scrambling around the bargain basement for the players no one else wants.

Jim saying today he has funds available to bring in another two players he is now looking at players out of contract and is hopeful of adding to the squad soon.

If out of contract players are unwanted, then we don't want them either so none of those players will be signed by any team. What do you think the chance of that is?

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

If out of contract players are unwanted, then we don't want them either so none of those players will be signed by any team. What do you think the chance of that is?

I think we did ok by Ferdinand , Hammill and Jackson. 

18 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Plenty of good players are currently free transfers.

Quick glance throws up such experience as Ikechi Anya, Cameron Jerome, Jackson Irvine, Andy King, Isma Goncalves, Nathan Dyer

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Plenty of good players are currently free transfers.

Quick glance throws up such experience as Ikechi Anya, Cameron Jerome, Jackson Irvine, Andy King, Isma Goncalves, Nathan Dyer

Aye, on the other hand plenty of good players will already have been signed.

The other "problem" is we seem to be unable to attract any players that are decent. 

Either we don't offer the cash or players don't fancy a relegation battle.

Let's see if any of the above come to us. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, on the other hand plenty of good players will already have been signed.

The other "problem" is we seem to be unable to attract any players that are decent. 

Either we don't offer the cash or players don't fancy a relegation battle.

Let's see if any of the above come to us. 

Agreed but then most of the above aren't in much different a bracket from Jackson, Hammill and Ferdinand from a few years ago. All massively experienced players that we were surprised at landing given they'd surely attract higher wages.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed but then most of the above aren't in much different a bracket from Jackson, Hammill and Ferdinand from a few years ago. All massively experienced players that we were surprised at landing given they'd surely attract higher wages.

For every one of the above I could scrape around and name you duffers we've been landed with.

The key point is you have a better selection before the window closes, players can settle quicker and the support have some hope.

When we had the choice of every player in Europe & abroad within our budget we got a player who is injured until past the date he can be recalled by his parent club and a 19 year old who has played 12 games in his career.

For those reasons I don't hold out much hope of decent signings of the limited choice of out of contract players.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:46 PM, barrhead saint said:

The way we play leaves our strikers feeding on scraps. 15 goals for a player this season, on the way we are set up, would be a miracle. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yeah Shankland  and Stewart are two strikers that fill that criteria who were on our books. We need to be a bit less Hamilton Accies 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:56 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:
On 10/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Hendo said:
Still think we need a left back as cover and a creative midfielder in the Stevie Mallan mould in.

Jim saying today he has funds available to bring in another two players he is now looking at players out of contract and is hopeful of adding to the squad soon.

Perhaps this what Moralis was hinting at.

46 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Wee Freddo hinting that he'll be away to Dubai soon 

Couldn't he have done that while the window was still open and I don't  mean jump threw in. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

1 hour ago, pod said:

Did I miss something.  Serious question. 

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

Wee Freddo hinting that he'll be away to Dubai soon.

Junior?  Who ye talkin about?

Edited by antrin