Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts


Well done Saints for bringing in a few new faces , looks like interesting times ahead . I'm thinking we,ll be saying good bye to a few players by the end of the month , reckon a couple will be off to Aberdeen . Very pleased about how things are progressing , just have a feeling a few will be moving on to make way for the new signings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Well done Saints for bringing in a few new faces , looks like interesting times ahead . I'm thinking we,ll be saying good bye to a few players by the end of the month , reckon a couple will be off to Aberdeen . Very pleased about how things are progressing , just have a feeling a few will be moving on to make way for the new signings. 

Yeah. I think we still need about 4 players currently but have a feeling SR is going to move a few on to make room for more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Well done Saints for bringing in a few new faces , looks like interesting times ahead . I'm thinking we,ll be saying good bye to a few players by the end of the month , reckon a couple will be off to Aberdeen . Very pleased about how things are progressing , just have a feeling a few will be moving on to make way for the new signings. 

Who’s going to Aberdeen? Dunne? I can’t see many more going? Goodwin was a bluffer and I’m not sure every player believes his nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Who’s going to Aberdeen? Dunne? I can’t see many more going? Goodwin was a bluffer and I’m not sure every player believes his nonsense.

Aberdeen are loaded.  Think they will sign at least 12 players . Can see them being interested in Dunn ( well documented) and Brophy  , a very good player  , who would be  so much better in a very attack minded team . And think that they might make a bid for Henderson in the hope that they can can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

Aberdeen are loaded.  Think they will sign at least 12 players . Can see them being interested in Dunn ( well documented) and Brophy  , a very good player  , who would be  so much better in a very attack minded team . And think that they might make a bid for Henderson in the hope that they can can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay . 

Can also see them trying to sign Hladky , McGrath and Ronan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Who’s going to Aberdeen? Dunne? I can’t see many more going? Goodwin was a bluffer and I’m not sure every player believes his nonsense.

Dunne may well be off but with money coming to us from Aberdeen. Ok. As for other current players, I don’t see JG wanting to take them other than Jay. If I am wrong (which is possible) then it will cost them money which will come to us which we can use to add to our squad. (Same if we sell Ethan elsewhere).

Jay is however, a very promising young player and wouldn’t be the first (or the last I hope) who is coveted by a richer team. If he goes it will do two things. Bring in money and help show that our Investment in the Academy is working by introducing young players like Jay into the first team squad and attracting transfer interest and brings in money with add ins as they move to bigger clubs again.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Aberdeen are loaded.  Think they will sign at least 12 players . Can see them being interested in Dunn ( well documented) and Brophy  , a very good player  , who would be  so much better in a very attack minded team . And think that they might make a bid for Henderson in the hope that they can can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay . 

You think Goodwin is going to sign Henderson in hope they can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay? You would get on well on the st mirren supporters page on Facebook with chat like that mate.

Aberdeen is a dump and not many players want to go there, Ronan won’t go to Aberdeen, he will sign for Hearts before Aberdeen.

Dunne is an average defender and I will volunteer to drive him to Aberdeen if we get a 6 figure bid for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You think Goodwin is going to sign Henderson in hope they can convert him into a wing back to take over from Ramsay? You would get on well on the st mirren supporters page on Facebook with chat like that mate.

Aberdeen is a dump and not many players want to go there, Ronan won’t go to Aberdeen, he will sign for Hearts before Aberdeen.

Dunne is an average defender and I will volunteer to drive him to Aberdeen if we get a 6 figure bid for him.

Comparing transfer business of SR and JG I think SR is doing better in reshaping our squad. Unfortunately I can't see JG lasting beyond Christmas at Aberdeen and I do wonder how much of the money for Ramsey will be invested in the playing side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ramsay now confirmed to Liverpool from Aberdeen for in the region of £6.5m so if there is genuine interest in Dunne, then it will surely get ramped up now.

It’s a very high fee for a player with so few games. Good move for him, but that is an enormous fee for Aberdeen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a very high fee for a player with so few games. Good move for him, but that is an enormous fee for Aberdeen.
A lot of add ons incorporated into that total I'd imagine.

TBH he's never really stood out when I've seen him play.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A lot of add ons incorporated into that total I'd imagine.

TBH he's never really stood out when I've seen him play.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
 

I think i saw it's £5.5m upfront before addons. Including a 20% sell on for Aberdeen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like interest in Tom Pietermaat has cooled at our side which means he's moved elsewhere. Our lack of commitment to move on him makes me think that Gogic and Matt Butcher remain our main two holding mid targets. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20220576.tom-pietermaat-makes-st-mirren-frustration-statement-pens-deal-patro-eisden/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like interest in Tom Pietermaat has cooled at our side which means he's moved elsewhere. Our lack of commitment to move on him makes me think that Gogic and Matt Butcher remain our main two holding mid targets. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20220576.tom-pietermaat-makes-st-mirren-frustration-statement-pens-deal-patro-eisden/

Portsmouth have dropped their interest in Butcher too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I think i saw it's £5.5m upfront before addons. Including a 20% sell on for Aberdeen.

Radio Scotland yesterday said £4.5m rising to a possible £7m

Dont know how much of the Henderson to Aberdeen chat is accurate but if there’s any truth in it we should slap a £2m price tag on him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HSS said:

Radio Scotland yesterday said £4.5m rising to a possible £7m

Dont know how much of the Henderson to Aberdeen chat is accurate but if there’s any truth in it we should slap a £2m price tag on him

Correct. We need to stop letting our talent go so cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Ramsay now confirmed to Liverpool from Aberdeen for in the region of £6.5m so if there is genuine interest in Dunne, then it will surely get ramped up now.

Aberdeen won a watch with Ramsey. Imo he is not as good as Patterson who went to Everton. But hey well done on getting good money. Let's see if the Aberdeen board have any real faith in Goodwin and allow him to spend big. I think Dunne will not be heading North any time soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Surely his legs have gone by now🥴 Ian Munro could still probably out sprint Ramsay. 

When you can hit a volley like this - who needs to run. AB at Celtic Park in November 1980. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...