BarneyRubble

Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

I don't think MacPherson ever said anything similar to what Lennon has but his fans on here certainly did. It is a high risk strategy to say 'it could be worse under someone else' as eventually you bluff will be called and the hypothesis will be tested.

Lennon's record in the SPL is not good, not good at all. I think since joining, his win percentage is around 20%. An average manager would hope to have a win percentage of 30 odd % and a good manager 40 odd %. Not many managers would survive winning only on average one game in five.

I would be delighted for one win in five. Try three league wins in10month minus 2 for June and July of course

It's worth pointing out to Lennon that the last manager who won us a cup was on an horrendous league run (2 draws and four defeats in his last six) the following season with relegation staring us in the face when he was bagged , the new guys whistling.gif came in with two games to go and won both of them , with the same players !

It's worth pointing out to Lennon that the last manager who won us a cup was on an horrendous league run (2 draws and four defeats in his last six) the following season with relegation staring us in the face when he was bagged , the new guys whistling.gif came in with two games to go and won both of them , with the same players !

The win away at Tynecastle is one of the best "away-days" I've enjoyed in my 40 years following St Mirren, absolutely brilliant!!

If Danny Lennon referring to himself in the third person and equating the players, staff and board of directors to himself is seen as a flaw, I completely disagree.

Perhaps he is simply stating fact, and things things that are non negotiable. He has delivered all the things he has stated and regardless of the facts raised highlighting other elements of his performance he has delivered all he has been asked.

Once again current form has slumped and confidence is low but one win could change everything.

Ok I keep coming back to the stats, stats and damned lies. Unfortunately in this case they don't lie! sad.png

Since the start of January 2012 ........................... yes that is 21 months ago, we have played 23 league matches - a possible 69 points.

In that time we have won just 3 games ...........................YES that's right you are reading this correctly - 3 league games, we have drawn 9 and lost 11. A total of just 18 points.

The League Cup masks our stats slightly in that if you include all competitive games since 1st January 2012 we have played 3 games in that competition and won 2 and lost 1. In the Scottish Cup we have played 2, won 1 and lost 1.

The Cup win was fantastic, we all loved our day in the sun and over the years I can still remember the moments when we lift a cup - they stick in the memory, but it's the bread and butter of the league that sets our standards and determines the standard of football that people talk about and write to this forum about (in the main).

The stats are woeful. bangin.gif

I'm sorry Danny, your comments in the press a couple of days ago are the signs that you too expect the chop - why else allude to the idea that maybe someone else might do no better!

The time has come my friend, leave with your head held slightly high, and wish the next person the best of luck in improving these woeful figures that you have managed over these 21 months!

Edited by The Original 59er

Ok I keep coming back to the stats, stats and damned lies. Unfortunately in this case they don't lie! sad.png

Since the start of January 2012 ........................... yes that is 21 months ago, we have played 23 league matches - a possible 69 points.

In that time we have won just 3 games ...........................YES that's right you are reading this correctly - 3 league games, we have drawn 9 and lost 11. A total of just 18 points.

The League Cup masks our stats slightly in that if you include all competitive games since 1st January 2012 we have played 3 games in that competition and won 2 and lost 1. In the Scottish Cup we have played 2, won 1 and lost 1.

The Cup win was fantastic, we all loved our day in the sun and over the years I can still remember the moments when we lift a cup - they stick in the memory, but it's the bread and butter of the league that sets our standards and determines the standard of football that people talk about and write to this forum about (in the main).

The stats are woeful. bangin.gif

I'm sorry Danny, your comments in the press a couple of days ago are the signs that you too expect the chop - why else allude to the idea that maybe someone else might do no better!

The time has come my friend, leave with your head held slightly high, and wish the next person the best of luck in improving these woeful figures that you have managed over these 21 months!

Difficult to argue with any of that.