Tesselaar

I can see why some fans are chuffed, Tess was a good player for us and had we signed him at this time last year instead of Grainger I would have been chuffed as well, but having seen Kelly, Yaqub, and Plummer come in and do well I don't really see the point of this signing - if the left side of midfield needs to cover Kelly against a strong team play mcginn instead of wylde.

I'm really not being negative but we have now Plummer,Kelly,Yaqub,Tess, and Godwin who can play left side of defence, but just Naismith & cheesy on the right - it just seems a bit lop-sided especially as we have Goodwin,McGinn,McLean,and Wylde in left midfield and only teale on the right.

Maybe we will be playing 3,2,3,2 or 3,3,3,1 as some did in the world cup but until I can see TC's plan I think this is a wee bit of a waste of a wage but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Good solid signing. He is exactly what we need a versatile player with proven SPL experience giving us cover for various positions. Why some think Yaqub is ready is beyond me. How many Premier games has he played? Let's leave the squad management to TC.

I think Tess will prove to be a good signing , and maybe might do well playing as a sweeper and I think he would be very good at bringing the ball out of befence . I also think over the course of the season he might end up playing in about four different positions .

With regards to Wylde , I think he will be exceptional this season , not just as a winger , but also as up front just behind Thhommo or in a central attacking midfield role .

Whatever happens this season , I think it is our intention to be a good footballing side.

We've got 3 left sided defenders now competing for the 2 left sided defensive positions plus Yaqub.

We've got 2 right sided defenders for the 2 right sided defensive positions plus Williams.

Seems to me that if we sign another right sided defender then we have excellent balance in defence.

However, it could be that TC seems the boy Williams as a first team player this season plus we have Goodwin who can play on the right of central defence so we are maybe already sorted.

We've got 3 strikers now, 3 quality young attacking midfielders plus Goodwin & Teale.

Its maybe a Conor Newton type player who would complete the squad.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm a bit hmm or meh about players re-signing. Obviously hope it works out and think he might also do a job in left midfield as well as defence. Not every minute of every game...

Welcome home Jerome. Let us not forget Fitzy, McGarvey and Munroe all came back as have many others. If I left my job for a better paid one and then decided to go back to the old one, most would welcome you. He is a Saints p!ayer again so let's get behind him and support him like every other player in black and white.

• 2 weeks later...

Tess was excellent today. So reliable at left back.

Great to have him back at the club.

One of only 4 to get pass marks today , along with Cheesey Plummer and McGinn . McLean needs to stop believing the hype as of now!

One of only 4 to get pass marks today , along with Cheesey Plummer and McGinn . McLean needs to stop believing the hype as

of now!

We played well today Naismith looked abit of it and ball looked unfit.

Marwood was excellent tho tired towards end don't know how u can say only 4 got pass marks. If ball had stuck away 1 of his 2 very good chances we'd of won that game.

Wylde had the beating of his man time after time just his final ball didn't fall for anyone or was over hit.

Im sorry but dropping Kelly for Tess is unwarranted IMO.

Why?

IMO Kelly was suspect at defending last season, particularly in not picking up runners off the ball.

Tesselaar was great today and I felt a lot more confident with him at left back.

FWIW I think Kelly could easily play left side of midfield.

Edited by FTOF