The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

He knew the team would be ineffective?

So fans travelled a long distance for a midweek game in winter. To watch and support their team, who's manager wasn't surprised at how shit they were?

He's sticking two fingers up at you! The fans are not relevant to him. He used a cup replay with a next round tie against a similar level team awaiting, as a bounce game.

Could be worse...

We could have to call that shite hole in Maryhill home..!

Go Tommy. Please.

Can't you feel the tsunami of angst? Are you do defiant and arrogant you would destroy a club that has well meaningly given you a few years gainful employment?

Are you that bitter, unfeeling, or hard up?

I liked Davie Hay as a person. His parents stayed in the next close to me in George Street and Mrs Hay once gave me an orange! Still... her Son was a car crash of a manager and the most destructive until now... until now... ... PLEASE GO...

Dear Friends,

I have been a Saints man for longer than I can remember. Through those years, I have never had an expectation of Saints winning anything very special, other than the odd cup.

Throughout those times, I have heard countless complaints by others, demanding dismissal of the manager of the day. My expectations of St Mirren football club has always made me think the managers we have had were the best available to our budget, and stood by them. That includes David Hay.Today my mind has been changed. Regrettably, I conclude that Tommy Craig, good coach he may be, is just not up to it. I am sad to call on Tommy to do the decent thing, and resign. I write this with no idea about who should replace him. Quite honestly, there must be a better person out there.

Over in the States on holiday right now so wasn't subjected to Saturday or tonight but I've just read the post match interview and you have to ask yourself just what the BOD are waiting for? This clown of a manager is making a mockery of the club.

"Not surprised how ineffective we were?" Really? That comment alone should be enough to get him his jotters.

He's talked recently about bringing some players in come the January window but given his record in that regard last summer and his complete and utter failure to deliver any sort of cohesive unit with the resources at his disposal, why should he be given any more time at all?

He's taking is down. That is obvious to anyone who's watched us recently and irrespective of our BOD's desire to sell up and move on if they allow this to happen without taking some sort of remedial action then they will find themselves as culpable as him and will, sadly IMO, run the risk of tarnishing their legacy at the club.

Really sad times at the club right now and whilst I would never wish a defeat on us at any time you have to wonder if a heavy spanking at home on Saturday might be enough to spark our ineffective BOD into action?

Today

He won't do it shull, he has basically said he won't quit and he is here for 18 months no matter how bad results are, he doesn't give a shit about the club.

There will be no respect left from the fans when he leaves, she should take a leaf out of Stuart McCall's book.

You have to think he'll be gone today.... 4-0 against ICT has done it in the past... Surely...

8 points in the league and dumped out of both cups by the start of December, how much worse could he do....

Season ticket holder but not sure I can face Saturday, better things to do, the kids now moan and groan when I suggest we go to the game.... No goals, no atmosphere, sad state of affairs...

He won't do it shull, he has basically said he won't quit and he is here for 18 months no matter how bad results are, he doesn't give a shit about the club.

There will be no respect left from the fans when he leaves, she should take a leaf out of Stuart McCall's book.

the difference is that it's onwards and upwards for stuart mccall, whereas tommy is finished after this.

Go Tommy. Please.

Can't you feel the tsunami of angst? Are you do defiant and arrogant you would destroy a club that has well meaningly given you a few years gainful employment?

Are you that bitter, unfeeling, or hard up?

I liked Davie Hay as a person. His parents stayed in the next close to me in George Street and Mrs Hay once gave me an orange! Still... her Son was a car crash of a manager and the most destructive until now... until now... ... PLEASE GO...

Tsunami of angst?-nice to see you are keeping it all in perspective

I'd copyright that one before it shows up in a folk song somewhere

Biggest mistake was giving this essentially untried manager a 2 year deal. I can't believe our board who have been burned so bad in the past by managers did this. Gross stupidity on their part. I really think they thought he was a cheap stop gap that we could limp through with until they sold up.