Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

Every time a ball went out of the ground the fourth official sprinted like a cnut on speed to get the replacement ball into play.He was always ahead of Teale and McIntyre in proximity to the pitch.Think he should have been told to take less of a role in the game by the official referee.

The sending off is an absolute joke. The ref gives the foul so has seen the challenge and obviously believes that's all it was, no further action needed.

Then the 4th official gets involved. I've never seen one do that unless it's an off the ball incident they've spotted.

Is he a local by any chance? We used to be on the rough end of some dodgy refereeing decisions by local refs in the Highlands fairly regularly.

According to the SFA website the fourth official was Mat Northcroft who is indeed, I believe, a native of the Highlands.

Just watched the highlights on the link posted on the previous page - typical of us to get a red card for that. The other way round our player doesn't fall to the ground, roll around as though he's dying and the opponent isn't even spoken to.

I see the 4th official on Wednesday is the clown that sent off Thompson against Motherwell. Perhaps those in the main stand near the dugouts could offer him some words of wisdom.

The sending off is an absolute joke. The ref gives the foul so has seen the challenge and obviously believes that's all it was, no further action needed.

Then the 4th official gets involved. I've never seen one do that unless it's an off the ball incident they've spotted.

Is he a local by any chance? We used to be on the rough end of some dodgy refereeing decisions by local refs in the Highlands fairly regularly.

He says this in a SFA interview when asked about big games hes refereed I’ve twice refereed the Highland League Cup final which is a notable thing to the guys in the north

I'll expect the red card to be overturned, Toshney should be the one given a ban for cheating to get his former team mate sent off. The fourth official should be banned from top flight games, I can only assume he is a Dingwall resident.

Poor goal for us to lose, I still feel we need someone much better than Ridgers in goals if we are to stop leaking goals.

Well done to the team for getting the three points. I think recent performances have shown we are much better than County and Motherwell, time to start pushing up the table now.

More

I've had a good few glasses of wine, granted, but have to say that these shots speak volumes about our squad at the moment.

These guys are 100% behind the cause and giving it their all. What a contrast to how it appeared when Craig was the gaffer. The shot of Jim congratulating Mallan is great, but the pics of Cheesy actually make me feel a wee bit emotional. I have my doubts about the guy as a player at times (though he was outstanding today by all accounts) but his unbridled joy in these photos makes it clear what it means to him to be playing for St Mirren. For me, that carries a hell of a lot of stock, and I'm glad he is on board for the run in. We might go down, but these guys will put up a fight, and that is all we can ask of them.

COYS!

Aye I'm pretty sure Cheesy was in tears at the end. Incredible scenes.

Gary Teale wouldn't let the players off the pitch till every single one of them came over to the fans. They ran themselves into the ground and were nearly on their knees but they obliged.

The away section was bouncing the whole game, we really need to make more noise at the home games. The players feed off it, especially the young ones.

Oh and the desire shown by Mallan at his goal is incredible. He saw the opportunity and seized his chance. A Beckham like ball in by Kelly and a fantastic header the Mallandonna. Days like today more than make up for the several pumpings we take up in the Highlands.

Richard Brittain is a f**king disgrace. Making stamping gestures in an attempt (successful) to get a fellow pro sent off. It is not the fault of SMFC, it's fans or its current players that his spell at the club was a failure, high time he got over it.

A red card? I'll never understand how a guy (4th official) who was only a matter of yards away from that could possibly interpret that as a straight red offence.

The fourth official clearly thought about his intervention before pursuing it instead of instantly reacting to a bad tackle that he never saw, there wasn't one. He waited and watched some play acting , then thought , feck it I'll get into those weedgie basses. That cnunt should be spoken to by the park garden beaks next week.

I hope we appeal the red card and I hope we complain about the baldy wee malt swilling scrote.

Hey hoh, more shocking officiating at a game.

The fourth official was being pressured by Jim McIntyre and that f**king runt Billy Dodds it was disgraceful, But what a great day and even better result, Kenny McLean was outstanding, but you could say that about the whole squad, work rate was fantastic, Goody and Cheesey were excellent at the back, and what a save from Marc Ridgers, Great three points, but the standard of refs in Scotland is abysmal,

The Ross County bench just seemed initially to stand motionless when the foul was awarded and there seemed to be a fair amount of amateur dramatic rolling around in agony with face clutched going on on Toshney's part. The players looked stunned when Arquin was given a straight red card for serious foul play. I'm assuming the 4th official told the referee it was a stamp. Arquin had been bumped / jostled a second before putting the challenge in and all it looked like was he was off balance and tripped his opponent with a slightly clumsy challenge.

Mat Northcroft was the 4th official, he had given out 52 yellow and 4 red cards in 16 league 1, 2 and cup games this season, thats 3.25 cards on average per game, he has given out cards in every game bar one (morton v stirling albion) he has reffed so far this season.

Edited by buddiecat

He says this in a SFA interview when asked about big games hes refereed I’ve twice refereed the Highland League Cup final which is a notable thing to the guys in the north

Highland refs should be nowhere near these types of game . Kevin Bissett once failed to send off Ross Tokely for a shocker of a last man challenge on Basher , which meant that three days later , when the clubs were due to meet again , that Tokely was available to end Chris Kerr's career with another shocking challenge. One of Caley's stands is named after Bissett , honest !

I hope we go ahead with the appeal and put an end to that wee f**ks senior career !

Aren't Sunday mornings great when we have a good win? I hate reading the sports pages when we get beat so at my age I've had a lot of miserable Sundays what with being a St.Mirren supporter. Looking forward to a lot more happy Sundays and a happy Thursday this week would be dead good too.

Monday the 18th.of March 2013 was a great day but I had the mother and father of a sair heid.