St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

I'm confused. You said Teale was only the assistant manager under TC, and therefore absolved of blame, but Ross, as assistant, gets the credit at Dumbarton...

Which is it?

Both assistants take training ; following orders from the manager.

Ross leaving obviously had an impact in the dressing room as Dumbarton have the second worst goals against in the championship.

Teale takes over as manager ; no quick fix given no experience. Now found a winning formula.

Don't let facts spoil your opinion which nobody will change just like me mate.

So lets see who is appointed and hope its the right person no matter who that maybe

What the absolute f**k is this?????

Bad week?

Get a grip.

This sort of mysoginistic pish died out 2 decades ago and is as welcome as racist jokes.

Bloody hell who rattled your cage. Are you the local human rights left wing political correct dafty for blackandwhitearmy by any chance.

You are saying that comment is two decades old , well I would never have guessed words were a fashionable. Maybe you can bring me up to date for a description of bad week

Douglas McNeil saying Stark has heard nothing about it and was at Saturday's game scouting a player for someone.

Bit of a relief if he's not an option.

Edited by Stu

There is no guarantee that a new management team will do well in the championship but I actually think it's a bigger risk appointing Teale.

The board have made an arse of the last couple of appointments... The club need a fresh start with fresh ideas and imo we need an external appointment with regards to the managerial position.

I am totally underwhelmed by the names mentioned so far.

I take it the board put out an official advert for managers to apply for the job at St Mirren? If they have then it may just be that other managers out there didn't want to waste their time again after the last time the job was up for grabs and applications were binned to give Teale the job. Probably a lot of managers pissed off at being ignored and having previously wasted their time.

Also does anyone know the rules in terms of managers applying? If you are contracted to a club can you apply or does that breach your contract. Can we approach a contracted manager or is that seen as tapping up?

I suppose we will just need to accept that we are no longer as attractive to managers in Scotland or from down south as a Premiership team competing with the best in Scotland with a bigger budget. Yes we do have decent facilities and a youth set up but we will now be a mid table championship side with a much smaller budget and that's the type of manager we will attract.

I take it the board put out an official advert for managers to apply for the job at St Mirren? If they have then it may just be that other managers out there didn't want to waste their time again after the last time the job was up for grabs and applications were binned to give Teale the job. Probably a lot of managers pissed off at being ignored and having previously wasted their time.

Also does anyone know the rules in terms of managers applying? If you are contracted to a club can you apply or does that breach your contract. Can we approach a contracted manager or is that seen as tapping up?

I suppose we will just need to accept that we are no longer as attractive to managers in Scotland or from down south as a Premiership team competing with the best in Scotland with a bigger budget. Yes we do have decent facilities and a youth set up but we will now be a mid table championship side with a much smaller budget and that's the type of manager we will attract.

What managers would overwhelm you?

There are a lot of ex managers out of work and a job is an income. So, I would say that in general there would be a lot of interest in the vacancy.

After thinking things through, maybe Jack Ross would be our best bet as Manager of St Mirren Football Club.

First we had Teale's Tornadoes.

Now we have Ross's Rockets. They would shoot for the stars.

Are you the local human rights left wing political correct dafty for blackandwhitearmy by any chance.

Nope but sexist pricks like you are fortunately dying out in exactly the same way as racist pricks did before you.

Not everything is political correctness you know. TBH I'm surprised you can spell it.

Sometimes people just act like cunts and they need pulled up on it.

That's what I've done with you.

Time to grow up. It's no longer the 1970's where your sort of pish talk is acceptable

Edited by oaksoft

Both assistants take training ; following orders from the manager.

Ross leaving obviously had an impact in the dressing room as Dumbarton have the second worst goals against in the championship.

Teale takes over as manager ; no quick fix given no experience. Now found a winning formula.

Don't let facts spoil your opinion which nobody will change just like me mate.

So lets see who is appointed and hope its the right person no matter who that maybe

I love how people with no knowledge of Ian Murray, of Dumbarton FC, of the Championship or of Jack Ross as an assistant manager can state authoritatively that Dumbarton performed worse and conceded more goals once Jack Ross left.

Let's take a proper look at the goals Dumbarton conceded this year:

- 13 goals conceded against Rangers (not in the Championship last year)

- 14 goals conceded against Hearts (not in the Championship last year)

- 11 goals conceded against Hibs (not in the Championship last year)

In other words, 38 of the 79 goals Dumbarton conceded - almost exactly half - came against the top three teams in the league, each of which is clearly too big for the Championship and has the sort of large, fully professional squad which makes a difference against a small part-time team.

Now, like everyone else on this board, I have no insight into Jack Ross' influence as an assistant manager. However, I would be pretty willing to wager that the addition to the Championship of those three teams had a more negative influence on Dumbarton's goal difference than Jack Ross' departure.

I love how people with no knowledge of Ian Murray, of Dumbarton FC, of the Championship or of Jack Ross as an assistant manager can state authoritatively that Dumbarton performed worse and conceded more goals once Jack Ross left.

In other words, 38 of the 79 goals Dumbarton conceded - almost exactly half - came against the top three teams in the league, each of which is clearly too big for the Championship and has the sort of large, fully professional squad which makes a difference against a small part-time team.

Now, like everyone else on this board, I have no insight into Jack Ross' influence as an assistant manager. However, I would be pretty willing to wager that

the addition to the Championship of those three teams had a more negative influence on Dumbarton's goal difference than Jack Ross' departure.

You do realise that makes Murray look even worse when we could be facing two of those teams next season and could also be 24 goals negative if he keeps up his current level of coaching!

Thats a shocking stat and identifies why no one else has given him the time of day.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Now, like everyone else on this board, I have no insight into Jack Ross' influence as an assistant manager. However, I would be pretty willing to wager that the addition to the Championship of those three teams had a more negative influence on Dumbarton's goal difference than Jack Ross' departure.

How dare you use facts on this forum! GTF with that nonsense wink.png.