St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

Weak. Tactically inept. Baffling substitutions.

The players didn't lose the game today. The management did.

We didn't lose.

FWIW, I still maintain that it was never a penalty.

Murray said afterwards he had no complaints about the penalty. This was just after Burchill twice needlessly lost the plot at one reporter (not me) for asking a fairly innocuous question, which was probably the highlight of my day.

Various posters have all come up with different formations today - that shows how clear the line-up was to everyone! We played a 4-1-2-3.

Bad points:

- The only person that can tackle from midfield onwards is Goody. I do not think anyone else won a ball beyond him.

- Goody being subbed.

- Our young lads cannot win a header to save themselves.

- McMullan is totally wasted playing so wide.

Good points:

- Young Stewart looks a find.

- Webster in the team.

We need another experienced midfielder to play in front of Goody. Agnew was hopeless today - cannot control a ball, passes short and doesn't run into space. And we need to play McMullan more through the middle as he might see the ball now and then as he never gets it out on the wing and he is ineffective out there. And keep the ball on the deck!

No very pretty , why are we constantly pushed back by teams? ,even at home we seem to play far to deep.

Having read opinions from some Dumbarton fans, that was symptomatic of how Dumbarton were last season - always playing far too deep, sitting off teams. It's very frustrating.

Murray needs to have a long hard look at himsel. Change of personnel/ formation is doing the players no favours. It fitba, no fifa. Get 2 up top and tell the oys to play the ball, move , then look for it again.

We are very pedestrian going forward andvery static when it comes to pressing the ball.

Edited by BIG BEN

Just rotten. Agnew is just lazy, very poor first touch and when he does bring it down he doesn't create much. Baffling to tank off Goodwin, even more baffling to play one up top at home to Livingston. It's not f**king Serie A or La Liga, stick two up and support them. Final point, McMullan needs to stop cutting inside.

We also need to get McMullan more involved in games get the ball to him and let him run at people

To me that is absolutely obvious but we are getting it to him twice a game he needs to be more involved as he is the only one capable of inflicting any damage.

Agnews contribution today was the square root of feck all absolute passenger.

Its wrong to have a go at Baird as he is only playing where he was told to and like Cheesy and McGregor he ain't no right back.

Livi though are an absolute disgrace, timewasting, stopping quick free kicks by having their stiker stand in front of the ball constantly and playacting.

Really ? Not from where i was sitting . Going for it would require a sense of urgency & commitment , neither of which were on show.

Agree with you there. He put a lot of attacking players on the park but the team played with no attacking intent whatsoever.

It was an absolute disgrace of a performance, just like every home game under Murray.

It was poor today, I thought that the big mistake was to play Baird at right back.

I think Murray is still trying to find out his best team. I actually thought Gow did okay when he came on.

As repeated before don't panic, Murray will get it right.

Agree with you there. He put a lot of attacking players on the park but the team played with no attacking intent whatsoever.

It was an absolute disgrace of a performance, just like every home game under Murray.

Every home game do you include the Berwick game as a disgrace?

Ian you are not at a part time team now you have all week to work on tactics. You don't need to punt the ball from back to front you have all week to work on tactics. Your keeper can't kick the ball and Baird us a decent young central defender but never a wing back. Please get it sorted.

With the loss of Naismith and Watson, Baird was the only right footed defender left unless we started with Cuddihy there. I have no complaints about Murrays decision to start the youngster there... even if I prefer him in central defence.

That's where my defence of Murray ends.

Again he insisted on Agnew and Goodwin as holding midfielders, leaving us being overrun in central midfield and inviting teams on to us.

That should have been changed after 20 minutes... not with 20 left!

Very disappointing today after such a good start. We need to get the midfield sorted, I'd give McMullen a free role in behind a front two. Goody did enough to show that he can be our holding mid and tbh I'd put Mallen in Agnews position as he is one of the reasons we keep getting outfought in the middle of the park.

Shankland was feeding on scraps all day but I think he will certainly do us a turn. Oh well onwards and hopefully upwards ..... at some point !

Btw i hear Hippolyate the Livi left winger tore Jim Goodwin a new one, sadly goody is now too slow and not even a junior player

Thats a bit unfair. He led most of our team a merry dance. That fella is a good player with bags of confidence & very quick feet...............he is also a cheating faker bastard . The only one who could keep up with him was wee McMullan who wasnt scared to get stuck in .

Btw i hear Hippolyate the Livi left winger tore Jim Goodwin a new one, sadly goody is now too slow and not even a junior player.

Who told you?

BTW the reason he was so good is partly down to him being up against Baird who isn't a right back.